Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
To be fair to them they only acknowledge one gender, so it's fairly representative.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Every one of those shots is amazing in its own special way

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Every one of those shots is amazing in its own special way

It looks like a Republican committee on diversity

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cugel the Clever posted:

I really wish the collosal shitbirds that keep vociferously claiming to represent non-belief and skepticism in public discourse would all go die in a fire. In my teens, I stumbled across a YouTube channel with a pretty narrow focus on the word of the Bible and the problems inherent in it, but then found my "recommended" videos filled with racist, proto-alt-right, misogynists claiming to be voices of reason. So glad that I noped out of that immediately.

It is utterly hilarious that proselytizing internet atheists/the cult of Dawkins have become everything they claim to despise.

Patriarchy finds a way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Always be specific when you lie. Just try to cover up the official email of the federal agency tasked with having to back up your bullshit after the fact. Journalists will probably get it!

Example:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1089563519526277121?s=19

What will be sent in the agency in two weeks:
https://twitter.com/kemettler/status/1089541742674759686?s=19

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Why are the numbers so specific, nobody ever taught that gently caress scientific notation. Why did I even have that thought.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The numbers are specific because smoothbrain doesn't mind having a spasm on the number pad.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They’re inflated enough to satisfy his ego (which has gone full Kanye, before it kept growing)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Richard Bong posted:

Holeee poo poo. Did they live?

Allegedly one of four crew survived. No idea on condition.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'm not familiar with this airplane, is the runway really narrow or is that thing the size of a 747?

It's roughly the size of a B-1 bomber (though it's not the one that looks like the B-1). A bit smaller than a 767.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 27, 2019

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

facialimpediment posted:

Always be specific when you lie. Just try to cover up the official email of the federal agency tasked with having to back up your bullshit after the fact. Journalists will probably get it!

Example:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1089563519526277121?s=19

What will be sent in the agency in two weeks:
https://twitter.com/kemettler/status/1089541742674759686?s=19

LOL at how any times ive seen the cost of illegal immigration ridiculously fluctuate in the last month.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I just figured he was reliving his honeymoon with Melania.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I mean illegal immigration like all immigration is I believe a net economic gain for us albeit at the cost of allowing modern day slave owners farmers to ruthlessly exploit the cheap labour

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean illegal immigration like all immigration is I believe a net economic gain for us albeit at the cost of allowing modern day slave owners farmers to ruthlessly exploit the cheap labour

I got into an argument with someone once a few years ago about drug testing for welfare recipients. I brought up statistics about how drug testing for welfare recipient will be a net loss (the whole issue is wasting money for people who don't need it or spend it on drugs or whatever, right?). He didn't care. gently caress those poor people. Economic gains/losses don't matter.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mlmp08 posted:

They're loving big.

113 foot wingspan with wings folded out for landing.

E: But the TU-160 makes them look tiny, because it is gargantuan.

I knew it was pretty drat big, but never had a clue of its size relative to the things I thought were the biggest loving bombers in existence.

Christ, it is considerably bigger and heavier than even the B-1 or the B-52 and can drop the equivalent of fourty-loving-five times my car in ordnance. Good god.

Also, in current events: When are we due for the next caravan? Trump already talked about the third one that was CURRENTLY FORMING (tm) with like 8,000 people, but since these things basically have the same mechanics as a Starcraft campaign mission (except all four of the blips in your fog of war are nothingburgers, not just three), I was wondering what the interval is.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Heck the wall is so effective it works by just being an idea

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1089581126845431808?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

colachute posted:

I got into an argument with someone once a few years ago about drug testing for welfare recipients. I brought up statistics about how drug testing for welfare recipient will be a net loss (the whole issue is wasting money for people who don't need it or spend it on drugs or whatever, right?). He didn't care. gently caress those poor people. Economic gains/losses don't matter.

just go back to that interview where the lady was mad at Trump because he was hurting her and not the people she elected him to hurt.

these 'people' are human garbage.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Eej posted:

Not linking because phone, but CBC had an article this morning that basically put Incels as Canada’s number one terrorist threat.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

FrozenVent posted:

Not linking because phone, but CBC had an article this morning that basically put Incels as Canada’s number one terrorist threat.

what you havent seen that csi episode with the incel murderer ranting about chads?

THE THREAT IS REAL

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
So we won the war on terror? It's over?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

BUILD THE WALL AND CRIME WILL FALL

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm surprised how quickly everyone forgot that other Trump rhyming zinger, "JOBS NOT MOBS!"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm surprised how quickly everyone forgot that other Trump rhyming zinger, "JOBS NOT MOBS!"

Sorry bud, he came up with a way better one! BUILD THE WALL CRIME WILL FALL!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

ded posted:

what you havent seen that csi episode with the incel murderer ranting about chads?

THE THREAT IS REAL

Bah Gawd, welcome to Incel in a Cell, Two losers Enter, No Losers Leave :bahgawd:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

So we won the war on terror? It's over?

I have some good news, and some bad news.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Eej posted:

I think this is actually ideal from the chud point of view. Keep those others from wanting to come here and chase ones already here out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/science/mars-opportunity-rover.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&smtyp=cur

tl;dr NASA hasn't had contact with Opportunity since massive global Martian sandstorms in June. The little rover that could has exceeded its 90 mission duration by 5,021 days at time of last contact.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Space and space exploration is so cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/science/mars-opportunity-rover.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&smtyp=cur

tl;dr NASA hasn't had contact with Opportunity since massive global Martian sandstorms in June. The little rover that could has exceeded its 90 mission duration by 5,021 days at time of last contact.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Yeah, I had this saved on my hard drive for quite some time. It always makes me sad :(

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, I had this saved on my hard drive for quite some time. It always makes me sad :(

No reason it won't get dusted off in 5 years and reboot, the hardware isn't going to be degrading that much under sand. Awesome bit of engineering.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Maybe he's just kickin around exploring like a martian WALL-E

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like to think it perished in one of those silica tornadoes like in Fury Road.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hexyflexy posted:

No reason it won't get dusted off in 5 years and reboot, the hardware isn't going to be degrading that much under sand. Awesome bit of engineering.

Something has to tell it to turn on though, doesn't it? I don't think it's capable of suddenly turning back on once the solar panels are cleared off, not without some kind of low power mode that, y'know, requires power to maintain.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

McNally posted:

Something has to tell it to turn on though, doesn't it? I don't think it's capable of suddenly turning back on once the solar panels are cleared off, not without some kind of low power mode that, y'know, requires power to maintain.

I'm pretty sure it'll go into comms mode on power. Source: A bunch of books I've got on spacecraft design, and NASA going after long lost probes from time to time like IMAGE, that were designed the same way. There isn't a real reason you'd design the thing not to try and establish comms on power.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

By the time that happens, if it happens, the staffing for that mission will probably have been moved elsewhere. Still the rovers are impressive as gently caress. They landed when I was in middle school, and one kept going until I was almost 30.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hexyflexy posted:

I'm pretty sure it'll go into comms mode on power. Source: A bunch of books I've got on spacecraft design, and NASA going after long lost probes from time to time like IMAGE, that were designed the same way. There isn't a real reason you'd design the thing not to try and establish comms on power.

The worry is that even in low power mode it will a) break due to cold or b) run out of power and lose system time

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

am i the only gip catholic

Nope. I even teach at a Catholic school. Not one of the rich ones, though.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

http://flip.it/ydppDS

Goddammit gently caress OFF already

Edit bc phone posting:

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Knives Amilli posted:

LOL at how any times ive seen the cost of illegal immigration ridiculously fluctuate in the last month.

18 billions dollars spent on "illegal immigration" in less than a month, y'all