Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jackson Taus posted:

Why is Kid Flash in Tibet?

speedforce.gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember, part of it is Joe keeping the baby out of town while there's a serial killer (who has specifically threatened him) running around.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

Thinking about it, it's kind of weird how exactly they ended up with Killer Frost being a completely separate personality. Maybe I'm misremembering the episode but when she first started changing they implied that the personality changes were more psychosomatic because she expected Caitlin Snow with powers to be evil. Which somehow morphed to any time she uses her powers she becomes evil to later just any time she uses her powers she becomes a literal different person.

iceforce

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I think my brain refused to acknowledge it as first, but holy poo poo that Borat Bruno joke.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

oh jay posted:

I think my brain refused to acknowledge it as first, but holy poo poo that Borat Bruno joke.

Yeah. That was relatively subtle

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jackson Taus posted:

Right? Like "Joe & Wally are on Earth-2 covering for Jessie for some reason and can't be reached" is a lot more viable. Why is Kid Flash in Tibet?

Joined a monastary after getting dumped, went from there to the Legends, then went back.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I doubt anyone was watching but our boy Jesse Martin was just on Rent Live killing it. Dude's got pipes (I mean we all knew that but still, drat)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

I doubt anyone was watching but our boy Jesse Martin was just on Rent Live killing it. Dude's got pipes (I mean we all knew that but still, drat)

Great now I have to watch it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't ever watch Rent again after seeing Lindsey Ellis dissect why its garbage.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Great now I have to watch it.

It was just the very last song the original cast joined for, I'm sure the clip will be on YouTube by now

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Bruceski posted:

Joined a monastary after getting dumped, went from there to the Legends, then went back.

Are we sure it isn't that the Legends just haven't picked him up yet?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Are we sure it isn't that the Legends just haven't picked him up yet?

He showed up at the start of this season to say "I love you dad, I'm back from the Legends, but there's somewhere I feel I need to be."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

nine-gear crow posted:

They briefly called her just “Frost” after they realized she wasn’t actually a villain any more and had not in fact killed anyone so far, but then they realized it was dumb and Killer Frost sounds much cooler so she’s back to Killer Frost.

That and there's already a superhero named Non-Lethal Takedown Frost.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Nice Mad Hatter shoutout.

And Nora is a ding dong.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So when is Nora supposed to be conceived anyways. Go home already.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So she's totally linked to the dagger/Cicada right? And her misplaced anger is influencing his rage

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GreenNight posted:

So when is Nora supposed to be conceived anyways. Go home already.

Um, probably the future?

What? Are you new around here or something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Is anybody ever gonna read that goddamn newspaper and get crackin on how to stop the Flash from disappearing in the first place?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Waiting for Barry to gently caress with time and he gets back and instead of Nora he has Norman.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I dont care what anyone says, "Shway" is NOT a word for Scrabble! :smug:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So when is Red Death showing up?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The same time as Aunt Flo.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
No comments on Mr. No-Lunch Supermax going full Mengele with "let's do human experiments on Cicada!"

Maybe it's a speedster phase they grow out of?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dangit Barry, did't they tell you about that whole "using the cure on metas without their consent is horrible and not an option" pact?

Also, was the Cicada in Grace's head always an adult version of her, or did that shift after the false memory was revealed? I only noticed it then.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Dangit Barry, did't they tell you about that whole "using the cure on metas without their consent is horrible and not an option" pact?

Also, was the Cicada in Grace's head always an adult version of her, or did that shift after the false memory was revealed? I only noticed it then.

Yeah I noticed the Cicada change as well

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm wondering if Cicada isn't really Grace animating the corpse of her uncle, or something along those lines.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I'm wondering if Cicada isn't really Grace animating the corpse of her uncle, or something along those lines.

If they go that dark I'll be impressed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

howe_sam posted:

There's definitely something going on there, the whole episode was about two little girls with misplaced anger, and the episode ended with the camera focusing on her wound which was pulsating just like Cicada's and her talking about getting revenge on metas or whatever.

Either she is controlling Cicada or influencing him or at the very least they are linked and she is the Cicada that resurfaces in the future.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
A legitimately interesting plot turn? In my Flash?!?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Laterite posted:

A legitimately interesting plot turn? In my Flash?!?

Except for the whole part about wanting to use the cure on Cicada that was telegraphed.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Cisco will refuse to allow it, Barry goes behind everyones back and steals the cure and tries to use it on cicada and it won't work because he's not actually a meta, his niece is, and then the cure will never be mentioned again for any reason.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
OK so Sherloque refers to the memory device as being from the Jervis Tetch (Mad Hatter) of Earth-221

I thought they established that there were only 52 alternate earths? (plus the bonus 53rd Earth-X which was full of Nazis) How did we get all the way up to 221 without anyone caring about this sudden jump?

Also I hope Sherloque isn't somehow referring to the "Gotham" universe in any way in this instance. Considering that we're getting a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" soon, I would very much be down for some sort of crossover with the Flarrowverse and Gotham (and other DC shows). I could definitely see the Gotham universe being Earth-221. But Jervis Tetch is absolutely not the character to bring over or mention from that particular universe - the Gotham version of Mad Hatter was a psychopath who repeatedly raped his own sister until she killed herself. Don't think that would fly with the tone of the Flash show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was kinda surprised Barry mentioned the cure for Cicada if only because I thought that was the plan from the minute Cisco came up with it, but now apparently it's a big surprise?

bbf2 posted:

I thought they established that there were only 52 alternate earths? (plus the bonus 53rd Earth-X which was full of Nazis) How did we get all the way up to 221 without anyone caring about this sudden jump?

Maybe the people of Earth 221 just think it's a cool name...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bbf2 posted:

OK so Sherloque refers to the memory device as being from the Jervis Tetch (Mad Hatter) of Earth-221

Also I hope Sherloque isn't somehow referring to the "Gotham" universe in any way in this instance.

I feel like they've mentioned Earths higher than 53 before now as well. I guess they've just forgotten that there are only supposed to be that many. And I'm pretty sure 221 isn't Gotham because Sherloque said he used the device on Tetch and I don't see where you'd fit that into Gotham's established continuity.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Amunet has a display in the hall of villains. :v:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

bbf2 posted:

Also I hope Sherloque isn't somehow referring to the "Gotham" universe in any way in this instance. Considering that we're getting a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" soon, I would very much be down for some sort of crossover with the Flarrowverse and Gotham (and other DC shows). I could definitely see the Gotham universe being Earth-221. But Jervis Tetch is absolutely not the character to bring over or mention from that particular universe - the Gotham version of Mad Hatter was a psychopath who repeatedly raped his own sister until she killed herself. Don't think that would fly with the tone of the Flash show.

They need infinite earths in order to have a crisis next season. "Crisis on 52 Earths" just doesn't sound as catchy.

Also thank God I stopped watching Gotham after the first 3 episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also thank God I stopped watching Gotham after the first 3 episodes.

LoL, it's fuckin incredible.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gotham is second only to Legends of Tomorrow in terms of shows whose whole is inexplicably greater than the sum of its parts.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gotham rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gotham's cast is like, the loving best.

Edit: Oh we're totally getting another goddamned evil speedster btw. RED DEATH