Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Spudd posted:

So I've never played Morrowind or Oblivion, would anyone know any streams or let's players that made some good videos about with those games? I don't really want to play them but I've played a shitload of Skyrim recently and wanna see the what the other games were like.

Lizard Wizard did great LP's of both Oblivion and Morrowind that are both funny and comprehensive. Not video, but still well worth the read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Is there a good LP of Yooka-Laylee out there?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

bony tony posted:

Is there a good LP of Yooka-Laylee out there?
Dex01 did a fine LP of it with a friend of his; the thread is here if you have Archives. If not, the first video is here.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Spudd posted:

So I've never played Morrowind or Oblivion, would anyone know any streams or let's players that made some good videos about with those games? I don't really want to play them but I've played a shitload of Skyrim recently and wanna see the what the other games were like.

The Freelance Astronauts' LP of Oblivion is an oldie but a goodie, albeit full of shenanigans.

LGR has some pretty good videos on each of the mainline games as well as two of the spinoffs.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Turtlicious posted:

In your opinion what is the funniest lp on the forums I need something to watch.

Men drinkin coffee let’s play catwoman
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmkjEUJHDFaqPA19bEeHXfvLaNgqd0o8B

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Is BraveMule gone? I’m assuming it was only hosted on the one website and now I can’t find a record of it there.

Edit: Matul Remrit is a seperate story isn’t it?

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 20, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Disappointing Pie posted:

Is BraveMule gone? I’m assuming it was only hosted on the one website and now I can’t find a record of it there.

Edit: Matul Remrit is a seperate story isn’t it?

https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Matul-Remrit/

Star Guarded is still around and making games!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm getting close to finishing up Dark Souls 2, so I figure now might be a good time to ask if anyone knows of any good lore-focused playthroughs of the game. I didn't pay too much attention to the lore because I was disappointed in the lack of connection to DS1, but I'd be down for someone else to explain it to me so I can tell if it sucks or not.

Last time I asked for something similar for the first Dark Souls, and EpicNameBro's "From The Dark" videos filled that request. I THOUGHT he had videos for DS2 and 3, but I either remembered wrong or he removed them.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is there a good, informative LP of Kingdom Hearts 3D on YouTube? The ones I’ve found have either had an annoying gimmick or talk over cutscenes. Or they’re doing it blind.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

any good Resident Evil 7 LPs? either offsite or on

i know supergreatfriend has a series up but it's tagged as "bumbling through" and while i like SGF a lot i would prefer something from a more knowledged perspective

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

any good Resident Evil 7 LPs? either offsite or on

i know supergreatfriend has a series up but it's tagged as "bumbling through" and while i like SGF a lot i would prefer something from a more knowledged perspective

the mendrinkincoffee did a playthrough of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmkjEUJHDFaq2jr9fnp9TzxazfejAfvMy

while its more comedy focused than informative, the one playing has beaten it several times so its generally very direct and to the goal

Dancer
May 23, 2011
There was this off-site Detroid LP that I remembered had 2 distinguishing characteristics: There were at least 3 people running it, and they would each be in charge of one of the main characters, and they re-started and played through the game a second time through. At first I thought it was Men Drinking Coffee, but it turns out they only ran through once. Anyone recognize this?

And while we're at it, I'd appreciate recommendations for a funny take on Heavy Rain.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Dancer posted:

There was this off-site Detroid LP that I remembered had 2 distinguishing characteristics: There were at least 3 people running it, and they would each be in charge of one of the main characters, and they re-started and played through the game a second time through. At first I thought it was Men Drinking Coffee, but it turns out they only ran through once. Anyone recognize this?

Was is Super Best Friends?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Dancer posted:

Sounds like the Super Best Friends. The three of them each took a main character and did a second play through where they picked drastically different paths.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That's the one! Thanks.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dancer posted:

And while we're at it, I'd appreciate recommendations for a funny take on Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain is inherently funny but LordMune did it in the archive just fine.
https://lparchive.org/Heavy-Rain/

Include a YEAAAAAAAH every time Nahman Jayden Eff-Bee-Aye puts on his glasses.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Dancer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-O9rII_09U&list=PL-h7Ap6EWaxKlWqoQeZUxoXyit6oXIkGk

There's also this version from FutureFriend (who happened to post right above you) and other SA people. The game's only really tolerable with a crowd joking about its issues constantly, plus turns out a lot of the segments get even more awkward if you intentionally fail them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dancer posted:

Super Best Friends also had an excellent livestream of Heavy Rain with Woolie piloting it blind that's archived on youtube

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I know it's been out for a grand total of about three days but are any of the Kingdom Hearts 3 streams/LPs any good? I've got no way of playing it but I wanna know what happens :smith:

eta: oh poo poo ignore me there's one just started on these here forums :toot:

mycelia fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 1, 2019

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Can someone recommend a good LP of The Suffering? The one in the archives is subtitled, and I'm just not able to get into those.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Iron Chitlin's Suffering LP is the one I watched, it's quite good.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Thank you. My brother bought this game when it came out and I never got a chance to beat the game, but always thought it was cool.

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.
Hey, so sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask this in, but I wasn't really sure where would be best.

What's up with the LParchive? Is it still being updated? I notice there hasn't been any change on the main page since July.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sytakan posted:

Hey, so sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask this in, but I wasn't really sure where would be best.

What's up with the LParchive? Is it still being updated? I notice there hasn't been any change on the main page since July.

Yeah it gets updates but host is busy usually.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So with the end of Super Best Friends is there another authentically hype LP channel? I miss people that are occasionally genuinely excited by things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

John Murdoch posted:

The Freelance Astronauts' LP of Oblivion is an oldie but a goodie, albeit full of shenanigans.

I was just looking around for some of their old videos, looks like most of it is on old dead hosts now. It's amazing the quality we used to have :v:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

RBA Starblade posted:

I was just looking around for some of their old videos, looks like most of it is on old dead hosts now. It's amazing the quality we used to have :v:

Pretty much everything of theirs is actually on their Youtube, it's just the archive links haven't been updated and a couple things were only uploaded by fans so you'll have to search to find those.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
For instance, they did a brief six video run of We ❤️ Katamari. Here's the first video.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So with the end of Super Best Friends is there another authentically hype LP channel? I miss people that are occasionally genuinely excited by things.

being authentically hype about what we're doing has basically been my and Roboky's MO from day one. we have a pretty thick back catalog and the only one i can think of that doesn't immediately fit your description is RiME, and that's just because it is subtitled so you can't hear the deep love roboky has for that game pounding in your ear.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can anyone recommend a good LP of the BFG2 Imperial campaign? My toaster's in the shop for a while, and I want a BFG2 fix (and also learn how to play the game while watching someone else make my mistakes :v:).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Is the LP of Siren in the archives pretty good? I want to learn more about the game and I'm tempted to buy it on the PSN, but I'm afraid I'll hate it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Leavemywife posted:

Is the LP of Siren in the archives pretty good? I want to learn more about the game and I'm tempted to buy it on the PSN, but I'm afraid I'll hate it.

I've heard good things about Egomaniac's Siren LP, but I haven't seen it. Supergreatfriend's however, I can safely say is a very good LP.

CommissarMega posted:

Can anyone recommend a good LP of the BFG2 Imperial campaign? My toaster's in the shop for a while, and I want a BFG2 fix (and also learn how to play the game while watching someone else make my mistakes :v:).

Good timing! I literally just posted the thread as the first video's been uploading.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I've heard good things about Egomaniac's Siren LP, but I haven't seen it. Supergreatfriend's however, I can safely say is a very good LP.

Good timing! I literally just posted the thread as the first video's been uploading.

NICE :sotw:

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Help me find an LP that definitely exists:

Space-based 4x, screenshot and humorous narrative with the leader of the player civ being written as an idiot drunk. It should be on LPArchive, but I can't find it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Happiness Commando posted:

Space-based 4x, screenshot and humorous narrative with the leader of the player civ being written as an idiot drunk. It should be on LPArchive, but I can't find it.

Gazillionaire Deluxe by Didjaredo?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Happiness Commando posted:

Sounds like Galactic Civilization II by Bobbin Threadbare.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

EponymousMrYar posted:

Sounds like Galactic Civilization II by Bobbin Threadbare.

Bingo! Thank you

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
I just finished going through thevoiceofdog's LISA LP. Can anyone recommend an LP with a similar vibe to follow it up?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

VOD did Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass recently, which is another silly/grim JRPG. Unedited livestream rip though, so prepare for notifications and occasional dead air. There's also Panzer Skank's screenshot LP of OFF, which is an indie JRPG with a unique vibe.

Alternatively, if you're just into the burly men doing violence in the post-apocalypse aspect of LISA, then Scruffy's LPing Mad Max right now. It's a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Panzer skank's OFF LP is extremely good and got me to try out the game myself. It's also defintely got that horrorific vibe LISA hits... though it lacks the humour. it's a solid game though