Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Baller Ina posted:

you also hear that "$100,000 over 18 years" stat for kids a lot whereas dog stuff is never really talked about

also 100,000 is just a big scary number

thats also seemingly really lowball bc health insurance at 400+/mo is 86k in 18 yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
and even with insurance urself its still what like 15-20k to just birth one

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol james woods literally killed rhe secrataty of defense for benghazi

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

The only dogs that live to 18 are the ones that look like that grinning trump one and it's so goddamn sad that cool dogs only get to like 8-12.

All dogs are cool though

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
startin to think this timp guy is actualy bad

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Big if true

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
can someone explain to me how some "dogs are essentially a human child" folks can stuff 400 hamberders and 300 mcriblets into their mouths without a second thought

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Theres like a shitload of cool tv show actors in this dumb movie
The nazi from justified, the creepy brother from sunny, and lance reddick

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Leviathan posted:

can someone explain to me how some "dogs are essentially a human child" folks can stuff 400 hamberders and 300 mcriblets into their mouths without a second thought

Ya no problem. We have dumb monkey brains that were specialized toward empathy within your family group. Cows aren't in the family group for most people. Dogs are in the group.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

he president

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
White house down feels like a documentary

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

only devil dogs live past 10 years old

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Baller Ina posted:

you also hear that "$100,000 over 18 years" stat for kids a lot whereas dog stuff is never really talked about

also 100,000 is just a big scary number

it's $300,000 and its the baseline number the assumes the minimum standard of care

glhf!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That cat is probably dead now :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Leviathan posted:

cows and dogs occupy different roles in our culture, p weird I know but keep on keeping on and youll het the hang of it eventually

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

sometimes, the bodies of weak old dogs become possessed by fiends, granting them longevity but at the cost of becoming enslaved to wickedness. i have slain many such beasts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did anything trumpy happen today

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

a.lo posted:

"probably"?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:piaa:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Leviathan posted:

cows spend their entire lifes pissing and making GBS threads without stopping

dogs at least take a break for barking

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

a.lo posted:

everyone dies

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
except for the billionare class

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
also if you kept a pet cow and treated it like a family member and then shot it and used it for leather bc it got some minor malady you would probably be seen as weird

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

everyone dies

inshallah

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

just dont have kids bing bong so easy

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

a.lo posted:

i often think this about the animals at the top of the forums and i cry everytime #wenis

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

pet culture has 100% broken people's brains. try advocating poison programs for feral cats sometime, if you want to see otherwise sane people descend into gibbering madness

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

spanky the dolphin posted:

He's saying something.

He's saying the piss tape is real

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nae! posted:

it's $300,000 and its the baseline number the assumes the minimum standard of care

glhf!

yeah this makes more sense, like 120 just to get it born and keep it insured if it gets sick never, another 80 to house it while getting it old enough to be in public schools, 100 in food and misc.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

cows and dogs occupy different roles in our culture, p weird I know but keep on keeping on and youll het the hang of it eventually

eating meat is pretty morally indefensible imo (guess I found peter singer's arguments compelling like 15 years ago) but i still do it anyway cause i love meat and no one really calls me out on it

i'm not really a pet person so the argument that someone is "obligated" to spend $40k on their personal animals chemo or orthopedic surgery or whatever the gently caress is ridiculous to me

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

cumshitter posted:

biking in NYC sounds like a nightmare only crazy people would enjoy

biking in almost any american city is a nightmare, but in some places it's still unambiguously the best way to get around a lot of the time

not that you need to, or even should, wear spandex while you're doing it, though...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpMMz3lY58c

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

pet culture has 100% broken people's brains. try advocating poison programs for feral cats sometime, if you want to see otherwise sane people descend into gibbering madness

the argument i hear is that trap-neuter-release uses the neutered cats to keep the other cats out of the area without spawning more cats, and thus its much better than trap and kill or poison?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
big tumpo

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Chinatown posted:

You should give him a chance.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Calibanibal posted:

That sounds fun lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

big ol tumpmtump

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Leviathan posted:

eating meat is pretty morally indefensible imo (guess I found peter singer's arguments compelling like 15 years ago) but i still do it anyway cause i love meat and no one really calls me out on it

i'm not really a pet person so the argument that someone is "obligated" to spend $40k on their personal animals chemo or orthopedic surgery or whatever the gently caress is ridiculous to me

im not a pet person either but if you can preserve quality of life for the cost of mere lucre arent you obligated to do so instead of just basically killing an animal that had the potential to live a happy and long life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Nae! posted:

glhf!

I would say adoption is a sick coupon but I'm sure it's its own bag of costs