Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It essentially had the opposite of Giorno's power, in that he turned living things into objects I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

I can't even remember what baby face can even do, just that its a magic computer rape baby and somehow inspires Gio to use his stand for healing. Something about falling apart?

It turns people into piles of cubes, IIRC. Giorno healed himself by replacing the parts of himself that were being turned into cubes with inanimate objects. And I guess it must also track things because that function is mentioned at the end of the current episode.

Yeah, it really does have too much going on.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
baby face can also re-organize those cubes to be any other inanimate thing, like he turns Trish into cubes and then turns those cubes into a table or something.

the wiki page for it has five different headings for it under Abilities, so yeah it's just kind of a sloppy stand, that's more than Killer Queen can do.

I feel like Clash and Talking Heads is an example of Araki trying something similar, but instead makes it two Users that combine their powers rather than one very very specific Stand

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 26, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also its defeat is kinda weird because it's a rare example of a (non-Bound) Stand being defeated by something other than another Stand. Like, it just gets blown up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Arist posted:

Also its defeat is kinda weird because it's a rare example of a (non-Bound) Stand being defeated by something other than another Stand. Like, it just gets blown up.

I thought it was a Bound Stand of sorts. It's made from a blood sample and the "mother's" nutrients, right?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Melone calls it a Long Range Automatic Stand a bunch of times.

once the sentient part of the stand is born, it's just kind of it's own thing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ehh, the mother can't see it so I'd say it doesn't really count. Also it's definitely more of an Automatic-type.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wonder if the anime will go with Di Molto as Melone's catchphrase that doesn't make any grammatical sense, or Molto Bene

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what kind of bizarre adventure would this be if the anime didn't preserve araki's weird mistakes!?!?!?!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Arist posted:

what kind of bizarre adventure would this be if the anime didn't preserve araki's weird mistakes!?!?!?!

honestly the worst thing about the new translation is that it """"""fixes""""""" di molto

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

honestly the worst thing about the new translation is that it """"""fixes""""""" di molto

what the gently caress

That is not okay.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Arist posted:

Baby Face is made of physical matter and its stand page explicitly tells you that it's visible to normal people. Its mother couldn't see it because Baby Face was on the back of her head, and under normal circumstances, people can't see the backs of their own heads.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 26, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The dub sometimes does weird reinterpretations of scenes (like during Joseph's final "next you'll say..." against Kars, Kars asks how Joseph always knows the next line, gets blasted further into the air, and then says the line, which is honestly way better), so I'm imagining Melone saying "di molto" and another character going "uhh what the gently caress does that mean" and now I'm upset that it can't possibly happen because Melone is more-or-less completely alone for the entire fight.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I always thought that the "next you'll say..." stuff would work much better if Joseph said the line at the same time as the other guy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the anime did that once in the fight with straizo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

It is a quasi bound stand. The Baby Face Homunculus is a physical being that can be seen by anyone.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I have faith that David pro will make it work

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, it really does have too much going on.

I was thinking the other day about how the difference between a stand that can do a lot but doesn't feel bullshit and one that does is how much they revolve around one idea. Like, it's not always clear how sticky fingers zippers are applied and when they function like a portal or a regular zipper or whether unzipped things are still "connected" or just severed, but really as long as you remember "this guy puts zippers on things" it just feels fine.

Gold experience, on the other hand, doesn't feel as cut and dry. "He makes things into plants and animals" could be simple but one you get into things like how the animals retain the properties of what they're made of (like bricksnake) or how they behave it starts feeling very forced. It strays too far from one big idea and feels worse for it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

the "man who sought to become God" who created the Arrows

Wasn't this Diavolo? It's certainly not wrong if it was :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't this Diavolo? It's certainly not wrong if it was :v:

No, he was the one that found the arrows and sold them to Enya. I imagine there's a timeline where Diavolo sold the arrows to the Speedwagon Foundation, they probably would have paid more for them.

It makes me wonder though why a privacy-obsessed guy like Diavolo would even join an archeological expedition. Did he send Doppio to do it?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 27, 2019

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

No, he was the one that found the arrows and sold them to Enya. I imagine there's a timeline where Diavolo sold the arrows to the Speedwagon Foundation, they probably would have paid more for them.

Yeah, the guy who created the Arrows lived thousands of years ago, IIRC. Maybe he was never supposed to be important beyond explaining why the Arrows exist at all, but the parallels to Kars, among other things, made it seem like he was supposed to matter at some point in the future.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

It makes me wonder though why a privacy-obsessed guy like Diavolo would even join an archeological expedition. Did he send Doppio to do it?

Ah

Well remember that Diavolo doesn't even exist unless he needs to, so I imagine he likely just goes way way way out of the way to make sure he never has to show himself through Doppio, while also making sure that even Doppio doesn't end up showing himself too much or else people might know he's in direct connection with Diavolo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, the guy who created the Arrows lived thousands of years ago, IIRC. Maybe he was never supposed to be important beyond explaining why the Arrows exist at all, but the parallels to Kars, among other things, made it seem like he was supposed to matter at some point in the future.

What if the guy turned out to be Jesus Christ?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

What if the guy turned out to be Jesus Christ?

So the arrows themselves were crafted by a Jojo... How poetic

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
in the original jojo timeline judas dug up jesus' bones and crafted them into the arrows and thats why stands come from the arrows instead of the corpse parts. and also jesus was the 1st jojo and judas yelled muda muda muda! when he betrayed jesus to the sanhedrin.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm glad the anime makes it explicit (or, more explicit) that Gelato and Sorbet are gay

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CodfishCartographer posted:

New trailer for the JoJo game makes it look... Not bad????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMt7a9kuPjM

Even if it is not bad, don't bother getting excited over it, it's an arcade game, and I don't see it getting any sort of console release to be localized.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're probably doomed to an eternity of crap jojo games nowadays due to a monkey's paw wish or something. either they play like poo poo, even to someone like me who is bad at fighting games yet can still recognize they're janky as hell, or will be some weird fuckin thing only available if you manage to wander down some random alleyway in japan on a wednesday or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

or will be some weird fuckin thing only available if you manage to wander down some random alleyway in japan on a wednesday or whatever.

Just don't look behind you.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a really interesting dog turd by that mailbox, though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Let the record show that I am guessing Trish's stand to be Rush. On the grounds that the radio is playing Rush right now. Also there was a huge footprint (handprint?) so maybe Rush's power lets... her...
turn into a dinosaur? Heck if I know.

Anime watcher gotta wait like 5 years for Scary Monster

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god i hope it's five years

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Obviously the arrows were created by a genius rock people scientist to protect their way of life from expansionist pillar men and/or humanity.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/kenarto/status/1089017219797856257?s=21

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Nice sattou homage.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hello JoBros, how are you this evening
Just stopping by to remind you that the ending song for Steel Ball Run is Beer For My Horses. It was a 2003 best-seller, it's about justice and also about horses, and it would end perfectly at 1:30. Imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdjA3iKYjk0

Dragonwagon posted:

Nice sattou homage.

Just want to let you know I clicked on this at least eight times trying to get it to play because I am a massive dumb rear end.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The SBR ending is going to be Mr. Brightside.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Just want to let you know I clicked on this at least eight times trying to get it to play because I am a massive dumb rear end.

This is the power of my stand, 「Virtual Insanity」.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Carry On My Wayward Son dammit

I still stand by Shiny Happy People working for part 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dragonwagon posted:

This is the power of my stand, 「Virtual Insanity」.

Time to post this again because it's just so drat good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo