Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Stravag posted:

http://flip.it/ydppDS

Goddammit gently caress OFF already

Edit bc phone posting:

lock her up. I mean that seriously, at this point it'd be better for all of you.

e: Explaining to my mates in the UK how much she was hated before the last presidential election was interesting, nobody understood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

She's not going to get another go around. Acting interested soaks up a lot of Republican hate though. Their base is so totally convinced that she's a demon that she could divert a lot of their attention away from better candidates who actually have a shot. I'm not suggesting that this is why she's doing it, I'm saying that it could ultimately be the outcome.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Shes becoming Ralph Nader. She runs everytime because thats just what she does.

Edit: im just worried she'll take interest from other dems that havent lost 3 times already or poison interest from undecideds against the dem ticket

Stravag fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 28, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

go home hillary you are drunk

also you have a date with the guillotine

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm looking forward to the think pieces inbound on how actually you're a sexist if you think anything other than she should run

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

She lost to Trump. That fact alone should bar her even from holding any office. Hillary wants on your local PTA? Nope. Hillary wants to be on the HOA board? Hell no.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Casimir Radon posted:

She's not going to get another go around. Acting interested soaks up a lot of Republican hate though. Their base is so totally convinced that she's a demon that she could divert a lot of their attention away from better candidates who actually have a shot. I'm not suggesting that this is why she's doing it, I'm saying that it could ultimately be the outcome.

there isn't some finite amount of Republican hate to go around.

she's literally an albatross hanging around the neck of the Democrats but we still can't have an honest discussion about the disaster that is the Democrat party after two plus decades of the Clintons

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Counter with videoclip of her calling black men in inner cities super predators to support Bill's position on crime? I was too young when she ran for senator the first time but what was her platform? i didnt get a divorce when the nation caught my hisband cheating on me?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

there isn't some finite amount of Republican hate to go around.

she's literally an albatross hanging around the neck of the Democrats but we still can't have an honest discussion about the disaster that is the Democrat party after two plus decades of the Clintons
I'm just saying they got a late start going after Obama because they were so convinced that she'd be the candidate.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
One of the crappy memes that appear down-thread in a twitter had an image macro with a picture of Hillary saying "if Reagan hadn't run a third time, he'd never be president". Which, okay sure, Reagan as president was such a good experience for the country.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Someone just persuade her to shut the gently caress up. I understand how she was demonised and it's totally unfair but jesus, she must know what a fire target she is at this point.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm just saying they got a late start going after Obama because they were so convinced that she'd be the candidate.

I remember articles saying it was fine that she was falling behind in the primaries, like it was her plan to be trailing at the halftime. She compared herself to Rocky (she forgot that the black guy won).

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I think its her time and she will win this time i swear

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ElMaligno posted:

I think its her time and she will win this time i swear

Turn

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its your turn to Pokego to the polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

colachute posted:

I got into an argument with someone once a few years ago about drug testing for welfare recipients. I brought up statistics about how drug testing for welfare recipient will be a net loss (the whole issue is wasting money for people who don't need it or spend it on drugs or whatever, right?). He didn't care. gently caress those poor people. Economic gains/losses don't matter.

Welcome to the republican party?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
As evidenced by Twitter, she also turns conversations amongst liberals and leftists absolutely rancid. One can complain about whether that's fair or not, but her most partisan proponents and opponents among potential Democratic voters drown everything else out with their constant bitching about how their side is so virtuous and above the fray and how the other side engages in vicious, unreasonable attacks.

She and everyone around her should know this, remove all ambiguity about her running, and say she'll help move the country forward in different ways. Bernie should do the same. That way, the next time you run into someone that thinks it's still 2015 and is angry about it, you can tell them to shut the gently caress up and focus on the future.

(That's not to say there weren't faults with the Democratic Party that the whole process shined a light on, just that we shouldn't get mired in hero-worship/villain-loathing)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

:lol:

She's running, or at least seriously considering it. She's as likely to take GOP heat for selfless reasons as Trump.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I like this version better

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That last panel is the difference between :smith: and :unsmith:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

dscruffy1 posted:

One of the crappy memes that appear down-thread in a twitter had an image macro with a picture of Hillary saying "if Reagan hadn't run a third time, he'd never be president". Which, okay sure, Reagan as president was such a good experience for the country.

I think that analogy breaks down when you realize that Reagan ran three times to get the nomination.

When was the last time a major party ran a candidate who'd lost the general election already? Adlai Stevenson? Yeah, that worked out great for them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

:lol:

She's running, or at least seriously considering it. She's as likely to take GOP heat for selfless reasons as Trump.
I already said she wasn't doing it for selfless reasons. I'm saying they're welcome to waste time and resources countering Hilldawg's fantasies.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Naranja Grande is having a normal weekend.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1089692828861714432

The woman is from Weed, California.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
lol, Weed CA.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/argumentwinner/status/1089582046266122240

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Lance just has a weird, impossible fantasy about AOC coming for him.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Woodchip posted:

lol, Weed CA.

Stopped there on a bus ride back up to Seattle once. The gas station was full of t-shirts, shot glasses, and bumper stickers of the exact sort you'd imagine.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Stopped there on a bus ride back up to Seattle once. The gas station was full of t-shirts, shot glasses, and bumper stickers of the exact sort you'd imagine.

The gas station isn't bad in terms of stopping. There's always some really, really interesting characters inside/outside filling up and the two times i've stopped there it was either a huge bus full of hippies *assuming rainbow people* probably getting ready to steal a bunch of poo poo, and the next time a lady pissed because she was ~$1.50 short trying to buy some smokes and chips.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

Beaver, UT is similar.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LingcodKilla posted:

I think this is actually ideal from the chud point of view. Keep those others from wanting to come here and chase ones already here out.

I mean, yeah. Obviously?

Godholio posted:

Beaver, UT is similar.

Please tell me they sell hunting licenses

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
had to ship something back to some company on Big Beaver Road and I could hear the guy cringe when he told me the address

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Intercourse, PA had/has similar.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Proud Christian Mom posted:

had to ship something back to some company on Big Beaver Road and I could hear the guy cringe when he told me the address

Ah yes Big Beaver Rd. It’s exit 69 off I-75 you know.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ah yes Big Beaver Rd. It’s exit 69 off I-75 you know.

jfc it is lmao

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sounds like a good start :thermidor:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bulletsponge13 posted:

Intercourse, PA had/has similar.

Yeah well if you miss Intercourse, ten miles or so away is Blue Ball, PA.

That joke gets thrown around a lot in the area.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I ate pizza and smoked weed in Weed, Ca.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sld27PfAF3M

skip ahead to steve martin playing roger stone

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Godholio posted:

Beaver, UT is similar.

Confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Summary and preview of the times, Burroughs was simultaneously in and ahead of his own time when he wasn't being a weirdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gen7_djK7eg&t=239s