Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They're Abbott and Costello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

And I see we've switched over to "actual plot progression" this week. Good stuff.

Was not expecting the pirate mother ship to be so... literal, but hey, it's Star Wars.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl I've had this problem since the beginning and I've stuck it out hoping it'll get better, but i just got caught up on the last two episodes and i find myself not really caring about this show at all

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

site posted:

ngl I've had this problem since the beginning and I've stuck it out hoping it'll get better, but i just got caught up on the last two episodes and i find myself not really caring about this show at all
I really liked this week's kidnapping ep but the previous 2 were dire and I'm not at all interested in the small scale antics in between First Order appearances.

Is there a second cartoon being worked on in secret? I can't help but notice there's almost no overlap in credited writers between Rebels and Resistance other than the Created/Developed by at the very top.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I really liked this week's kidnapping ep but the previous 2 were dire and I'm not at all interested in the small scale antics in between First Order appearances.

Is there a second cartoon being worked on in secret? I can't help but notice there's almost no overlap in credited writers between Rebels and Resistance other than the Created/Developed by at the very top.

They're doing another season of Clone Wars.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. But I’m hopeful for more episodes like this week moving forward.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Edit: Wrong thread

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. But I’m hopeful for more episodes like this week moving forward.

I'm just hoping it gets to some sort of point soon. Show's been okay, but man can I not be bothered to give a poo poo about anyone or anything going on. It's like reading a blog about a local man's brave fight against a new Walmart going up

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Another one of those slickly-animated shorts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSR08ODsdw

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The direction in that short is better than the real deal.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya those animated shorts are all super dope and well done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Liked the new Resistance Episode. The First Order being more directly involved makes things more interesting.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Main plot's still pretty much a straight line, though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Really getting tired of Kaz being a clutz, every time he runs into something or knocks poo poo off a shelf onto his head it takes me closer to wanting to turn the episode off and never watch another

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 4, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Today's ep had some fun moments; Kaz making BB-H8 play fetch with its own head, plus "time for a brain scrape!" :stonk:

Tam basically pulling a "Well, at least they made the trains run on time" was more gray than I expected out of this show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh huh for some reason i was under the impression that last week was the finale

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The first five minutes I was convinced that this episode was about Kaz having to hide a body.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This episode whomped, Returning the trooper to get brain scraped is a DARK end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked the episode. Kind of felt bad for that one trooper.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

And that trooper would have gone on to be the next Finn.

But, well, brain scrape.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope Kaz told Yeager about the First Order's plan to purge the station.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

IRQ posted:

And that trooper would have gone on to be the next Finn.

But, well, brain scrape.

Given how we're days away from TFA, I'm kinda saddened that it wasn't Finn and this is what leads to him doubting the First Order and ultimately rebelling when they invade that village at the start of the film

Have the kids talk to him and explain what happened to their family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUxmE6EaQU

Oh boy, we're in TFA territory now

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 13, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Goodbye BB-8, hello lesser but somewhat cooler-looking CB-23

As clumsily as some elements (mainly the sneaking on-and-off the platform) were handled, that was a sweet little prequel to TFA.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Cross-Section posted:

Goodbye BB-8, hello lesser but somewhat cooler-looking CB-23

As clumsily as some elements (mainly the sneaking on-and-off the platform) were handled, that was a sweet little prequel to TFA.

Ha yeah, I don't normally care about this kinda thing, but the huge amount of time the TIEs had to shoot their fighters before they could take off/fight back was ridiculous. Also, just go around the cored planet. Trap them!

Fun enough episode though, even if the Fireball still being so unreliable just makes them look bad, tbh. I do miss the Aces, I thought they'd be a much bigger part of the season.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

One thing this show does pretty well is little background moments, like when Poe casually pushes Kaz's blaster away from pointing at him.

My favorite bit though will always be Poe shooting his blaster at the ceiling and nailing that monkey lizard.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Kenobi series is supposedly a go now:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/02/report-obi-wan-kenobi-series-to-be-made-for-disney-streaming-service.html

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

About goddamn time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Wikipedia says the new episode was supposed to air on the 24th but I can't find it, what happened?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It wasn't on their website yesterday, but my DVR had it onDemand. Someone dropped the ball somewhere along the way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Couldn't be happier with that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dont believe Star Wars rumors until they're officially announced.

I learned this with SuperShadow and it still applies to this day.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
In this particular case I think it's alright though. It's been backed up by FanthaTracks and Jason Ward, two trustworthy sources. The main crux is that it's been in production since last spring and Ewan McGregor was at the Solo premiere in anticipation of an announcement right after, but Solo's lukewarm response caused them to reevaluate the project and turn it from a feature release into a limited series on Disney+.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is that now 3, 4 if you count Clones Wars' lost episodes or whatever, tv series in production?

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

IRQ posted:

Is that now 3, 4 if you count Clones Wars' lost episodes or whatever, tv series in production?

The only TV shows in production that we actually have confirmation of are Resistance (currently airing), Clone Wars Season 7, some manner of Cassian Andor show, and The Mandalorian. Nothing else has any manner of official confirmation.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 26, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

IRQ posted:

- Clone Wars, Resistance, Mandalorian, and Cassian officially confirmed or currently in production.
- Kenobi likely to be announced at Celebration.
- Vague rumors of the following being at least pitched and considered; Lando/Solo follow-up miniseries, something to do with young Leia, Knights of Ren, Darth Bane

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wait, when was the Cassian Andor show announced? Did I just forget about it?

e: I guess so. Seeing him as a pro spy vs Kaz should be a good contrast.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Kaz and krew actually getting captured at the end of the episode was a pleasant surprise. Bet there'll be some good intrigue next week.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

- Kenobi likely to be announced at Celebration.

If McGregor shows up for the Monday TPM 20th anniversary panel, seems like the perfect time to announce it then if they hadn't already by that point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They're going to Takodana, and considering probably at this moment, Poe is on Jaku meeting with Liet Kynes, or captured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

The only TV shows in production that we actually have confirmation of are Resistance (currently airing), Clone Wars Season 7, some manner of Cassian Andor show, and The Mandalorian. Nothing else has any manner of official confirmation.

Which would be 4, yes.