Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DJ Commie posted:

DJchat in AI? Nice! . I sold my (then) sweet Geminis like 11 years ago and just picked up an Odyssey case with a pair of TT-2400s and a Numark mixer for $300. I really need to get an old Serato interface, I got rid of most of my vinyl and don't really care to mix/scratch what I have left.

Honestly unless you plan on scratching, you might want to just consider a DJ controller. I have a Numark NS6 II that I like very much. They're more powerful than a DVS setup even with a nice integrated Serato enabled mixer, and you'll probably wind up spending a lot less.
Or you could just go all out and get a Rane Seventy Two. That thing is just a powerhouse of a mixer.

STR posted:

2001 me spotted, except add a pile of trance vinyl. :stare: (actually not sure what tables I had, they were probably Geminis IIRC, and definitely a Numark mixer).

You still have any of those records?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

3.5" hole saw, and when you're doing a two story house with 5 bedrooms you can imagine how long it takes to route every room with outlets and 5 sweeps in a huge kitchen, drilling through studs/floors/fireblocks to route it all to the main unit in the garage.
Good grief :psyduck:

That basically destroys the reason of having a central vac in the first place. The "central" being one, centralized outlet (maybe 2 in a massive home) and you use it to do the whole floor because they are 30-35' hoses. I can't imagine putting in an outlet in every room.. and 5 sweeps in a single, even massive, kitchen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

There's a higher end outdoor mall near me that has a New Balance store. They have a line of sneakers that are 100% made in the USA. Last time I was in there they started at $225 and topped out at $600. Even my "rah-rah-USA-we only drive Fords and drink bud" friends won't buy them.

It used to be that buying american got you a better product and was worth it. Then we taught the poor people how to make comparable quality (or "adequate" for the price) and priced ourselves out of the market. Then to drive our own costs down to compete we cut corners on quality. Then when that wasn't enough we cut wages. And now we're hosed until it reaches some sort of equilibrium or we develop genuinely smart economic policy.

Wage deflation is the core problem. Wages weren't cut in order to compete with Chinese manufacturing; Chinese manufacturing made products so cheap that wages could be cut and nobody would scream too much.

Margins are better than ever, and that goes to management bonuses, buyouts to goose the growth numbers, and share buybacks.

And for anything that has now genuinely become unaffordable because their manufacture does not see large boons from being exported to cheaper labour (new cars, houses) there's cheap crack-cocaine credit.

China is rapidly becoming more expensive to manufacture things in, too. Pretty soon we'll be leaning on India and Vietnam.

If wage growth had stayed the same way it was trending throughout the 1970s your hee-haw pals would absolutely be able to afford made-in-the-USA sneakers assembled by people who could also afford to have a family.

I think there's a core of lazy cynicism at the heart of American manufacturing even at ideal times (as seen from 1970s General Motors, or Chrysler from any era) but Henry Ford was (surprisingly for him) right about being able to make his own workers afford the products they made.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 27, 2019

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I mean, it's just greed more than anything. Yeah, sure, we could make everything in the USA and have livable wages, but then some CEO wouldn't be able to afford his 11th yacht, and we can't have that now can we?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've got well over a grand in personal footwear items I'm into for like a total of ~$45, just shop better :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey Rhyno, how's you day going?

Oh fine, just found something sticking out of the insulation in the attic and about poo poo my pants

It took me a full 30 seconds to realize it was a halloween decoration and not a dead child.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Honestly unless you plan on scratching, you might want to just consider a DJ controller. I have a Numark NS6 II that I like very much. They're more powerful than a DVS setup even with a nice integrated Serato enabled mixer, and you'll probably wind up spending a lot less.

Having bought a controller (DDJ-SX) years ago I can honestly say that Serato is poor software. In the DJ thread I've moaned about the various issues I've encountered with it since I started using it to the point where the next controller I get won't be Serato controlled. Garbage-rear end software.

The controller itself and the concept of them however is great because gently caress paying £6k just to get more than 4 hot cues and a few effects on CDJs and a DJM... Looking forward to more standalone ones coming out.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
So I had a dilemma. This story involves killing animals so skip over it if that bothers you.

A skunk fell into our well pump pit. Its a 3’ wide concrete tube thats 6’ deep. Its cover broke in three pieces long ago so its kinda open to the elements. The well and pump supplied water to the barn before we had city water run from the house, so its not in use.

How does one remove a skunk? There are no wildlife removal companies in the area. I have a wide variety of tools. I don’t want to get sprayed. No way am I getting down in that pit.

I thought about shooting it. But shooting into concrete is risky. I decided to take that risk and busted out my trusty .22 and a subsonic round. I got a clean head shot on it using the old well pressure tank as a backstop. I told my wife where the fishing net was and she got it out. Its her barn and animals anyways. No one got sprayed.

Until the neighbors pit bull found the dead skunk. He must have brought it back to their house because I can smell it and hear the yelling. Maybe now they will chain him up. And feed him so he’s not stealing our horse feed and cat food. Or killing goat kids.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slidebite posted:

Good grief :psyduck:

That basically destroys the reason of having a central vac in the first place. The "central" being one, centralized outlet (maybe 2 in a massive home) and you use it to do the whole floor because they are 30-35' hoses. I can't imagine putting in an outlet in every room.. and 5 sweeps in a single, even massive, kitchen.

Basically it's whatever the customer wants. A lot of the poo poo was really stupid and unnecessary but hey man I just work here.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

rdb posted:

So I had a dilemma. This story involves killing animals so skip over it if that bothers you.

A skunk fell into our well pump pit. Its a 3’ wide concrete tube thats 6’ deep. Its cover broke in three pieces long ago so its kinda open to the elements. The well and pump supplied water to the barn before we had city water run from the house, so its not in use.

How does one remove a skunk? There are no wildlife removal companies in the area. I have a wide variety of tools. I don’t want to get sprayed. No way am I getting down in that pit.

I thought about shooting it. But shooting into concrete is risky. I decided to take that risk and busted out my trusty .22 and a subsonic round. I got a clean head shot on it using the old well pressure tank as a backstop. I told my wife where the fishing net was and she got it out. Its her barn and animals anyways. No one got sprayed.

Until the neighbors pit bull found the dead skunk. He must have brought it back to their house because I can smell it and hear the yelling. Maybe now they will chain him up. And feed him so he’s not stealing our horse feed and cat food. Or killing goat kids.

Your neighbors are assholes. You took the reasonable option.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Central vac chat:

My grandparents built a monster split level house in 1976. 6 bedrooms/6 baths, 2 garages (a 3 car on the lower level, 2 car on the second level).

They built in two central vac systems with the motors and repositories located in each garage. One serviced the ground floor, the other serviced the two upper floors. Most of the outlets were in the hallways, and a really long detachable hose (30 ft?). It took some strategy, but you could cover every square inch. The downside was that all of the apparatus required its own little closet (x2 because there were two systems), and it took a lot of effort to break it out and put it away.

The sweeps were super handy - there were 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the dining room, 1 in the sewing/laundry room, 1 in the workshop.

It took 2 years to find a buyer for the house when they passed - namely due to the size and the fact that it had 0 renovations since 1976. There were a lot of high end finishes that 35 years later just looked tacky. Or like a museum piece.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Like a 1975 version of this 1996 time capsule house?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

rdb posted:

If you have a havahart trap you can catch it and if you cover it a skunk won't spray since they don't want to get it on themselves. They make skunk specific traps that are enclosed.

Drop the trap down the well with a rope then when it gets trapped throw a cover over it and lift it out with the rope. Bring it to the woods far away and open the trap and run. Unless it's really agitated and stomping it's front feet and hissing it's not about to spray. If it is leave it for a while then come back and let it out after it calms down. Skunks will give a ton of warning before they spray because it's biologically expensive to do it. That and they don't want it on themselves.

If you are slow and quiet with it it probably won't be agitated at all. Most of them are pretty calm because they have a lot of confidence in their defense. Same reason they get hit by cars since they assume that their defense will scare it away.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yes. Yes.

I'll have to break out some pictures.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I've got a Neato Botvac D75 and its done an awesome job. Threw a high performance filter set and a 7200mAh LiPo battery at it and its a trooper- Runs around the house every day and cleans up after us and the cats.

Nice feature of the Neato's is their D shape- means they can actually get into a and run hard against a wall vs the round shape of the roombas which leaves a mess. That and the LIDAR control system vs visual cameras means it doesnt get confused bout the dark.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

shy boy from chess club posted:

If you have a havahart trap you can catch it and if you cover it a skunk won't spray since they don't want to get it on themselves. They make skunk specific traps that are enclosed.

Drop the trap down the well with a rope then when it gets trapped throw a cover over it and lift it out with the rope. Bring it to the woods far away and open the trap and run. Unless it's really agitated and stomping it's front feet and hissing it's not about to spray. If it is leave it for a while then come back and let it out after it calms down. Skunks will give a ton of warning before they spray because it's biologically expensive to do it. That and they don't want it on themselves.

If you are slow and quiet with it it probably won't be agitated at all. Most of them are pretty calm because they have a lot of confidence in their defense. Same reason they get hit by cars since they assume that their defense will scare it away.

No offense bc I respect you but the answer is always .22. I have 2 options legal to me in TN for destructive or nuisance animals. Let them go EXACTLY where they were caught or kill them. Relocating is against the law. And they will only come back. Believe me I have the backing of TWRA. If you relocate you are just making problem worse for someone else. I don’t deal with skunks but they are here area probably scared off by 1000 raccoons in area. Believe me I loathe shooting animals I don’t hunt but I’ve posted of my nightmare before

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

great contender for McMansion hell.

Also lol at the idea a 6 bedroom 7 bath house looks like a "standard suburban residence" and not an ostentatious display of wealth.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
:burger:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

gently caress those tacos look good

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn I needed a day like today. Well really, a week like this week.

The company I do most of my work for cut way down on hours after the new years - this is a gig economy job, so I get paid by the job, not by the hour (unless it's really slow, but if it's slow enough that I'm collecting an hourly guarantee, I get pissed off and find other work for the day - and I suspect they got tired of paying out guarantees, hence the cut in available shifts). I still get my 6 days/40ish hours so long as I wake up early enough the day they're released. My original goal for this week was $700. That got blown out of the water yesterday, so I raised it to $800. That got blown out of the water 3 hours into my shift today. So I said gently caress it, $900.

I wish I could say I sailed effortlessly past $900 and up to $1000, but I did break $900, with right at 40 hours, for one company (split between two divisions).

Almost 100 deliveries this week. :stonklol: If this keeps up, I'll be able to move a lot sooner than I thought. (also buying tires a lot quicker... I'm gonna need new ones in about 2 months. not gonna go with Barum brillantis again, these are loving terrifying in the rain)

My credit monitoring informed me that my credit score jumped by more than 50 points this week too. It feels good paying off a credit card, feels better when you see your score change that quick.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You still have any of those records?

I loving wish. I don't even have most of the MP3s I had back then (mixes or single tracks).

Every now and then a random track pops into my head. Usually I can't think of the name, but like yesterday, I was wondering "why do I have the name Technossomy stuck in my head?", then realized I used to listen to Electron Bender a lot when tripping. (not trance, but still late 90s electronica)

I've had one track stuck in my head off and on for nearly 2 months, and it's been driving me crazy. I know it was on an Oakenfold or PVD mix from the late 90s, but damned if I can find it.

Someone did way too much coke while doing the interior. :stare: That's late 80s/early 90s interior, and has no business in a 1996 house.

rdb posted:

There was one time I was in a junkyard - an old school one that had mostly older cars, with a few sprinklings of semi modern stuff. You just said hi to the owner to let them know you were there and ask him if he had such and such cars on hand, he'd point you in the general direction (such as "over yonder, 3rd tree past that 61 Chevy in the levee")

The junkyard had a few dogs. They were super friendly when the place was open (probably while closed too, they were probably more for show). One of them brought me a dead skunk and dropped it at my feet, happily wagging his tail. He kept nudging it towards me like he wanted me to throw it. So I finally threw the dead skunk. He bolted after it and brought it back, lookin mighty pleased with himself.

Previa_fun posted:

gently caress those tacos look good

except swap the cheese for diced white onions (or sauteed onions), with a healthy side of taqueria style hot sauce. Go ahead and roast a jalapeno or two while you're at it, take a bite of the jalapeno with every bite of a taco. :getin:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 28, 2019

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

shy boy from chess club posted:

It won’t happen again because I am going to order gravel and fill the pit in. That could have been a child.

And I remember you saying something about a skunk patting its front feet. This one seemed to be quite agitated every time we shined a light down the hole. Rightfully so. Sorry if the story bothered you in particular. I know you keep them as pets.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Humphreys posted:

Booo! Anyone who like the AU Falcon should be shot!
The AU was misunderstood and was the platform for one of the best Falcons, the BA

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

The AU was misunderstood and was the platform for one of the best Falcons, the BA

The AU was and still is a loving turd and they ripped out most of the guts to make the BA.

Like I know south of the border can be wrong about a lot of things but come on, there's no defending the AU. It is busted rear end in a top hat ughly, it had the quality control of a loving FWD Capri, it didnt turn, it sure as gently caress didnt stop, the auto was so antiquated the original Henry Ford would have recognised it, it's rear end basically never even got CLOSE to agreeig with the front what to do over bumps or corners, head gasket issues (LOL for fucks sake a motor with a linage that old should have ANYTHING like that, even Subaru would be embarrassed), truuly godawful fuel economy, oil leaks by the dozen, noisy... It single handed destroyed the Falcon's then considerable sales lead to the Commodore.

They had to do two re-engineers to make it even half acceptible (at least the AIU III was somewhere vaguely in the ballpark of what had become a decent car in the VY Commdore) and the BA might be fifth gen platform but you sure as gently caress wouldnt know it driving them and how dramatic THAT re-engineer was.

THe AU Falcon was the Tony Abbott of the Ford product range frankly.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

STR posted:

Someone did way too much coke while doing the interior. :stare: That's late 80s/early 90s interior, and has no business in a 1996 house.

That's tryingtoohard.jpg. Too many mixed eras. Way too much '80s geometric combined with modern kitchen materials, can lights and entertainment areas designed for wide-screen displays. The '90s were not anything like that. Not even in the '90s.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

STR posted:

(such as "over yonder, 3rd tree past that 61 Chevy in the levee")
That's what happens when the good ol' boys are drinking whiskey and rye.

To be fair, they were told the levee was dry.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

STR posted:

I was going to say the same thing, although I've learned that regionally some places lag on style trends. I knew immediately that house was in Michigan.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's very Taco Bell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Michael Mann called, he wants his Miami Vice set back :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

from that link I found this and it owns. Modern houses are so loving ugly and dumb and beige.

https://mymodernmet.com/modern-dream-house/

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

meatpimp posted:

The battery went out on my Alienware M17 R3. No biggie, I've had it a couple years... it's an enclosed battery, so I figured I'd have to take the bottom cover off or something... nope. gently caress you, Alienware, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Please to entertain you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWBHx2NzYs8

Holy poo poo. This never happens... I got the replacement battery today and went at it. The youtube video was completely pessimistic and perhaps that's the "book" way to do it, but I replaced the battery with just removing the palmrest. Yeah, I had to wiggle it out out a bit and pay attention to how it went back in, but the whole thing took me less than an hour. :psyduck:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Re: vacuum chat - I had a Roomba around 8 years ago, but my German Shepherd figured out how to stop it by hitting it with his paw, then my Great Dane absolutely destroyed it once it had been stopped, so I never really saw how well it worked. Both those dogs are dead so I bought a Roomba 690 a few months ago. I'm honestly amazed at how poor the programming is on the thing, I wouldn't even consider it a functional robot vacuum. And that's after making sure to "Roomba proof" the house - it loves to get into the bathroom then close the door on itself, locking it in, so I have to close the bathroom door or prop it open with something. If it hits my back door (I leave it open all day for my dogs) it goes off the lip/ledge and gets stuck, so you have to put a rolled up towel down to keep it from going that direction. It also seemingly randomly can't find its way back to the base, even when I have half the house blocked off with the IR virtual wall they give you. When you get into a routine with it, it does help keep the pet hair and dirt down, but it sounds like I should have gone with someone other than iRobot. My wife thinks it was a waste of money, I think it does have a use, but I really thought they would have been farther along in their algorithms by now.

My Dyson is almost 12 years old and just this past weekend the roller brushes stopped working, after doing some research I ended up going with a relatively cheap Shark Navigator Professional. It has a 5 year warranty, so even if I have to buy a new one every 5 years, it will still be cheaper than a new Dyson or a Miele. I don't have carpet so I don't think I need that extra power, but I do have tons of dog hair and the wire cutter guide said that bagged vacuums fill up fast with lots of pet hair.

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 28, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

MomJeans420 posted:

Re: vacuum chat - I had a Roomba around 8 years ago, but my German Shepherd figured out how to stop it by hitting it with his paw, then my Great Dane absolutely destroyed it once it had been stopped, so I never really saw how well it worked. Both those dogs are dead so I bought a Roomba 690 a few months ago. I'm honestly amazed at how poor the programming is on the thing, I wouldn't even consider it a functional robot vacuum. And that's after making sure to "Roomba proof" the house - it loves to get into the bathroom then close the door on itself, locking it in, so I have to close the bathroom door or prop it open with something. If it hits my back door (I leave it open all day for my dogs) it goes off the lip/ledge and gets stuck, so you have to put a rolled up towel down to keep it from going that direction. It also seemingly randomly can't find its way back to the base, even when I have half the house blocked off with the IR virtual wall they give you. When you get into a routine with it, it does help keep the pet hair and dirt down, but it sounds like I should have gone with someone other than iRobot. My wife thinks it was a waste of money, I think it does have a use, but I really thought they would have been farther along in their algorithms by now.

Yeah, there are two navigation modes of the Roomba (and other robovacs) -- the random minesweeper type and the mapped back-and-forth type. Until you get to the 900 series of the Roomba, it's random. And it sucks. The back-and-forth type requires a vision system of some type and is far and away better.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I feel like a comp sci student could make a better algorithm, it tends to spend WAY too long in one area

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

Oh I did, and it is. Both intake valves are still there so if it's the valve stem it's an exhaust valve. I thought it was just an ignition misfire so I tried to limp it home and really beat the poo poo out of everything.

I just figured it isn't shiny enough to be a valve stem.

Well, not now. It's had plenty of time while you were limping home to get, er, exhausted?

That '90s house is amazing, and part of me wants it.

This is probably closer to the '76 house:
https://mymodernmet.com/matt-cuddy-70s-house-psychedelic-time-capsule-for-sale/

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
So our washer died around two week ago, and we ordered a whole new set through lowes.

They missed the delivery window and rescheduled for the next week without informing me at all. Still haven't gotten it. gently caress xpo logistics.

We finally ran out of clothes and sheets/blankets (Thank you puppy who still hasn't gotten the potty training thing just right).

Ended up finding a wash/fold service laundromat that was a whole 50c a load more expensive to have them do.

For the princely sum of 5.50 more than spending all day washing it myself at a laundromat we've got perfectly folded and pressed clothes for weeks.

If we made slightly more money I'd return the washer and dryer because drat it took these fuckers four hours to do what it would take me three days to do.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Goober Peas posted:

Central vac chat:

My grandparents built a monster split level house in 1976. 6 bedrooms/6 baths, 2 garages (a 3 car on the lower level, 2 car on the second level).

They built in two central vac systems with the motors and repositories located in each garage. One serviced the ground floor, the other serviced the two upper floors. Most of the outlets were in the hallways, and a really long detachable hose (30 ft?). It took some strategy, but you could cover every square inch. The downside was that all of the apparatus required its own little closet (x2 because there were two systems), and it took a lot of effort to break it out and put it away.

The sweeps were super handy - there were 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the dining room, 1 in the sewing/laundry room, 1 in the workshop.

It took 2 years to find a buyer for the house when they passed - namely due to the size and the fact that it had 0 renovations since 1976. There were a lot of high end finishes that 35 years later just looked tacky. Or like a museum piece.

This sounds exactly like a house I looked at when I was shopping last year. I would have loved to buy it but they wanted 100k too much for it, considering it needed 200k worth of work to not be hideous and out of date.

Some flipper bought it for 70k too much, put 100k into it (ie not enough) and is now asking 200k too much for it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

rdb posted:

It won’t happen again because I am going to order gravel and fill the pit in. That could have been a child.

And I remember you saying something about a skunk patting its front feet. This one seemed to be quite agitated every time we shined a light down the hole. Rightfully so. Sorry if the story bothered you in particular. I know you keep them as pets.

Nah I'm not worried about that, they aren't endangered or anything. Just like to let anyone that might not want to kill something know that they don't always have to. Skunks being unique since people think they will get sprayed but with a little awareness that's not usually the case. My sister and I caught one by accident when we were kids and it just fell asleep in the trap and animal control just opened the door and let it go. I have no problem killing something if it's a problem. There is a feral cat I've shot a few times with my .177. It's 1300fps but not quite enough to kill him unless I get a head shot. If my neighbors weren't as close I would have killed him with a shotgun by now. The rear end in a top hat has sprayed in my garage and sat outside my bedroom window at night making noise and I won't feel bad when he's gone.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
For the record...I let possums out of the trap if they let me (and so far they have even if they were hissing bastards at first I let them cool down). Raccoon hell nah dawg you guys have cost me thousands. A skunk I have no problem with but I sure as hell got enough problems without getting sprayed, thankfully never seen one so far (10+ years) my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I had a pet raccoon also. They are the scariest of them all, hands down. I saw a Florida FnG officer going into a house to deal with 2 raccoons say he'd rather it be an alligator any day over a raccoon.

My coon was the best most fun pet ever until he wasn't. He hosed up my gf and I really bad. I've never been so scared of a animal as him until we brought him to a rescue.