Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
And in lew of any real contnt and in a pretty bad attempt to make up a OP that doesnt suck here is 38 minutes of glorious sounds from 2018 to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pRjcbjQloM

Cant say 2018 sucked, it was actually... okay?

So welcome to the pit lane, pull up a race fuel barrel and poo poo talk all you want on all manner of topics that wont get you a fine from the Steward of this forum, while point anf laugh while others up and down the lane try to fix various broken cars or marvel at whatever amazing thing Mekilljoydamnit comes up with now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I have managed to gently caress up so much; nearly everything I've tried to do that's longer than a one-day project so far on the Spec Miata build. Class-illegal bushings purchased, stripped brake bleeder screws, missing seat side brackets, $500 belts that require $100-per-side, wield-in brackets. I even had to reposition the roll bar padding. Here's to hoping I can get my poo poo together in the new year.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Can't wait to not give a poo poo about staying up until 2019 starts and go to bed like any other day.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A6 threw another starter, trying to sell the thing on Craigslist.

It's going great

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The
ground
floor.

2018 was a good year. I got to enjoy my hobby more which is what I wanted to do. Ended up getting three new RC cars which is awesome. 2019 I want to make an excellent one. This will be the year I import a Japanese car thanks to KakerMix’s addictive thread. I’ll get a vasectomy. I don’t anticipate getting any more RCs but build the ones I have cooler. I want to get to cars and coffee more often though this year I did get to quite a few which was nice.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think 2019 can be weirder than 2018, but who knows :shrug:.

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 31, 2018

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Looks like we're all strapped in together to ride this bitch of a rollercoaster called 2019. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I want to get off Mr. Bones wild ride.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I resolve to be more of a self-centered rear end in a top hat this year.

And to get the cruiser done, finally.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

2018 was a good year. I got to enjoy my hobby more which is what I wanted to do. Ended up getting three new RC cars which is awesome. 2019 I want to make an excellent one. This will be the year I import a Japanese car thanks to KakerMix’s addictive thread. I’ll get a vasectomy.
Well, that escalated quickly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

New Project Binky and LGR Thrift videos on Youtube. A good way to start 2019

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Starting 2019 with a head cold. 2018 worked out though. Can't complain :).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

2019 will be good because orange man will be gone

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

2019 will be good because orange man will be gone

or maybe 2019 will be gone because orange man won't be

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
He's totally gonna get re-elected in 2020 because most Americans aren't smart and prefer to re-elect presidents. The whole Mueller thing won't amount to anything.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

5 more hours of 2018 for me. I have my snack foods and drinks ready, not planning to leave the recliner expect for the occasional piss break.

Happy New Years you goons

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
2018 ruled so 2019 will probably also rule.

Knocked out two rooms worth of flooring and holy poo poo my old man back is killing me.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Picking up Chinese for NYE dinner with the lady. Stay safe out there goons.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Queen Combat posted:

I don't think 2019 can be weirder than 2018, but who knows :shrug:.

same

God I've been holed up at my mom's for 3 loving weeks trying to get my transmission fixed to no avail. Got it put together now though and it's still only as bad as it was, 3 gears/no OD, so I haven't made it worse with my buffoonery at least. Mom's reclaiming the garage for storage so I guess any future repairs are gonna be done by a shop. t:mad:

Still, at least I get to go home.

Also I may be picking up a pixel 3 to replace my slowly-going-obsolete S5. I'm on at&t family but Google offers 0% financing so that's cool. You do have to set up an account with their bank though, anyone dealt with this? Is it worth the hassle vs lump payment? It's a Christmas gift so mom's paying for it and she's got the cash on hand.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I hope 2019 is good weird, not bad weird.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Fender Anarchist posted:

same

Also I may be picking up a pixel 3 to replace my slowly-going-obsolete S5.

Turn your old S5 into a Spotify speaker! It's too old for on-demand Google home streaming (can't listen all the time for a voice command), but Spotify can push to it.

I made a 3D printed speaker stand for mine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3238235

(If you pick up one of those wireless charging adapters, or the Samsung wireless flip cover, it can stay charged all the time)

For phones, the Pixel 3 is great, but for a fraction of the price LG has things like the V30+ or V40, AND they have headphone jacks, microSD slots, and waterproofing. You know, like the S5. Same screens, processors, and memory. Just, y'know...LG

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 1, 2019

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Happy New year. We just moved into our house

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I hope 2019 is good weird, not bad weird.

This. Please.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I caught the flu and I'm sitting in a bath tub crying because it hurts so bad and I got into the bath half dressed

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally only discovered I didn't take my glasses into the bathroom when I sat on them returning to bed

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Happy New Years ladies & gentleman & wherever you are on the spectrum/process (5 hours to go).
January should bring new tires, battery, front rotors & pads, and an oil change.
I never post here, just live vicariously through the various exploits and adventures of you adventurous, explorative, talkative types.
Thanks each and everyone of you for the entertainment and thoughtful derails & discussions.

I'm out of tonic water.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Happy new years you fucks!

2018 rocked. planning for an even more kickass 2019!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VU4fOa3CRc

happy new years, may we leave 2019 with more dollars, horse powers, and sanity than we entered with

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

cursedshitbox posted:

Happy new years you fucks!

:cheers:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I celebrated the new year by putting a roof rack on my wagon in the dark. Is this what getting old is?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Happy New year. We just moved into our house

Rad, bout drat time.

My diff will not see 2019. drat G80s...

Happy New Gear!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
happy new years everyone!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

2018 sucked a lot. Here's to hoping 2019 is better.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I have the urge to say 2018 sucked, but overall I think it was alright. Anything I'd perceive as bad is a result of my own doing. I'm sure I'll have a different reflection once I'm more clear headed.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Happy New Year, AI. This is the least drunk I've been at 1:30 AM on New Year's Day in at least 10 years, guess I'm getting old. Feels good, man.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

I celebrated the new year by putting a roof rack on my wagon in the dark. Is this what getting old is?

I celebrated by continuing to reorganize the garage. So yeah.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

the spyder posted:

Starting 2019 with a head cold. 2018 worked out though. Can't complain :).

Join the club, except with an ear infection and sinusitis on top of that. :sigh:

GF seems to have caught the cold, so there's an upside at least. :v: (I might be a dick...)

Worked a half day today (5 hours) instead of 11 hours. I'm okay with that, actually made decent money. I spent most of the afternoon dozing on the couch with two cattes keeping my crotch and chest warm.

The NP-in-a-box at CVS gave me rx Zyrtec. It's the same dosage as OTC, but since she gave it to me as an rx, a month's supply is a whopping $1. With 11 refills. She thought the sinusitis was very likely related to allergies (cedar fever :fuckoff:).

Everdave posted:

I have never seen 8gb ddr2 and I have had a computer shop for almost 7 years. Sometimes there is another slot under keyboard on those older laptops what model?

It's an Asus K60I of some sort. Seems pretty easily serviceable, pop the bottom off and everything is right there. Looks like it'll be a cakewalk to upgrade the NIC to a 2.4/5 GHz card instead of just 2.4 (looks like a standard PCIx slot).

Darchangel posted:

In my experience, Win10 will activate with a Win7 or 8 COA. I don't know how you did it, but this has worked for me in the past. You just need to use the MS Media Creation Tool to DL the ISO or installer. MS seems to really want to get everyone off of 7/8.

I did a fresh Win7 install using the OEM key, then downloaded the media creation tool. Selected "upgrade this PC". Worked fine, OS shows it's activated via a "digital license". I did get a curveball when Win7 wouldn't activate on its own - had to call the MS activation line. Odd, since it'd only ever had 1 OS reinstall. I'm used to that on a key that's been used multiple times. I'm guessing MAYBE it was an OEM license and I'd tossed a new drive in it + dead optical drive?

I had done a factory reset on it before it got put into storage, but I wanted to toss my old SSD in it, so I started from scratch with an ISO on bootable USB. Win10 seems to have found almost all the drivers it needed (there's one "!" in device manager, haven't bothered figuring out what it is since display, sound, and network all work fine).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 1, 2019

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Everything on the internet says it has 2 slots. Make sure it isn't a stacked slot where you put one in on top of the other, I had a laptop like that. If you take one stick out, you might seethat you'd mount a second stick below or above it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Thanks, I'll double check. I only saw one, but I didn't look too closely.

edit: cover off. SO-DIMM is confirmed to be 2GB, with what looks like some RAM soldered to the board below the slot. 1 slot. Guessing 2GB soldered, 2GB added on. So I may be able to swap the 2GB DIMM for a 4GB, bumping the total system RAM to 6GB? Better than 4GB, anyway. BIOS and Windows both see 4GB.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I celebrated by continuing to reorganize the garage. So yeah.

Im kinda ok with it.