Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ted Bundy is still still casting a spell on women from beyond the grave. My wife was talking about watching the series at work and 2 of the reactions were 'oooh, he's hot' and 'maybe he didn't do it...I'm not sure...'

Granted, the second hadn't watched the series so she maybe wasn't familiar with the evidence but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Am I the only one who feels like the best celebrity stunt-cast for Ted Bundy would be Pauly Shore?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Polar: I actually think who gruff hitman with a cute little puppy would've been humorous, but welp.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tim Whatley posted:

Oh poo poo, the ancient Korean zombie show Kingdom is out on US Netflix? Time to crush that.

Wait, it's a show?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

K. Waste posted:

Am I the only one who feels like the best celebrity stunt-cast for Ted Bundy would be Pauly Shore?

young walker bush

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Ted Bundy is still still casting a spell on women from beyond the grave. My wife was talking about watching the series at work and 2 of the reactions were 'oooh, he's hot' and 'maybe he didn't do it...I'm not sure...'

Granted, the second hadn't watched the series so she maybe wasn't familiar with the evidence but still.

I'm pretty sure there was a segment on Dark Tourist that met with women who are obsessed with him, and go on tours.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Bundy wasn't even actually hot though, he was just serial killer/politician hot. Which is a pretty low bar generally speaking.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I never knew how insane his trials were. A marriage proposal. Making the cops describe his victims so he can revel in ecstasy. That's must've been crazy to watch live.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wait, it's a show?

I think 6 eps. Already greenlit for a second season because Netflix.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the new Ted Bundy thing is legit

Also the CNN series The 80s is good. Their The 90s however is a bit poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of the 80s and 90s I couldn't help but hate watch all of Slobby's World like some other posters here. It's really something to behold.

if you want to watch a giant, sweaty toddler haggle 23 year old hipsters over $80 Stone Cold Steve Austin T Shirts, or spray paint people's shoes to look like super mario with a raccoon tail hanging off the back, then watch the customer pretend like what they just bought was cool. Look no further. It's kind of amazing.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Wow, I'm a few episodes into the new season of Kimmy Schmidt and its really good. I'm gonna miss it once I get to the end.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Polar was ridiculous trash and I enjoyed every second of it :allears:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

K. Waste posted:

They're coming out with a Bundy movie this year that debuted at Sundance.

Zac Efron plays Bundy. When I first heard that, my reaction was :rolleyes:, but...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Superrodan posted:

Wow, I'm a few episodes into the new season of Kimmy Schmidt and its really good. I'm gonna miss it once I get to the end.

My only complaint is that the jokes are SO rapid fire that I forget what I'm laughing hysterically about because I'm already laughing hysterically about the next joke! I'm going to miss it also, I hope there's another show from the 30 Rock team soon.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of the 80s and 90s I couldn't help but hate watch all of Slobby's World like some other posters here. It's really something to behold.

if you want to watch a giant, sweaty toddler haggle 23 year old hipsters over $80 Stone Cold Steve Austin T Shirts, or spray paint people's shoes to look like super mario with a raccoon tail hanging off the back, then watch the customer pretend like what they just bought was cool. Look no further. It's kind of amazing.

Hah, that showed up in my suggestions and I only managed to make it about 10 seconds past the intro before bailing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Criminal Minded posted:

Polar was ridiculous trash and I enjoyed every second of it :allears:

The first half had way to many repetitions of that scene where the rival hitmen encounter some poor sap(s) and then mercilessly execute them. It dragged on and on.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Can I interest you in a slightly used copy of Super Mario 3 WITH BOX for $100 broski?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Can I interest you in a slightly used copy of Super Mario 3 WITH BOX for $100 broski?

How much did I pay for it? Nunya business, brooooooo. *continues to sell fake Gucci and LV which is fairly illegal*

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
I've been enjoying Ash vs. Evil Dead much more than I anticipated since I don't necessarily love the movie trilogy, although I'll argue that the 2013 movie was a fun theater watch despite the mixed reviews.

The acting isn't great and the CG effects are very hit or miss in quality, but the copious practical gore effects and overall campiness are super entertaining. Does it get some kind of satisfying conclusion since it sounds like it was cancelled after season 3 versus a planned end?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like how 'vintage' shirts with stains and cigarette burns all over them are worth just as much money as one in mint condition because it is all 'part of the history of the shirt bro'.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheArtist 314 posted:

The acting isn't great and the CG effects are very hit or miss in quality, but the copious practical gore effects and overall campiness are super entertaining. Does it get some kind of satisfying conclusion since it sounds like it was cancelled after season 3 versus a planned end?

Yeah, the series finale delivers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

How much did I pay for it? Nunya business, brooooooo. *continues to sell fake Gucci and LV which is fairly illegal*

I love how he constantly name drops Dapper Dan to try and legitimize the fake stuff he sells for outrageous prices, like Dapper Dan is relevant to some white rear end hipster store in Arizona in 2019.

Also in one episode, he has some convoluted explanation about how it's not illegal because they didn't make it. Then he proceeds to make some fake Gucci stuff himself roughly 8 minutes later.

In some way I respect his hustle though. Selling literal trash to naive kids and doing a good job of talking it up like it's made of gold. I wonder if they realize they could just be buying this kind of poo poo on ebay for like 5% of what he charges for it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 28, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This isn't a fake fake Gucci T shirt, it's a real fake Gucci shirt. Because someone made it in their basement in the actual 90's. A decade long gone where everything ever made is super collectable. For you, I can do $90 because I like you, and that mens XXL shirt just fits you perfectly, tiny woman. It fits you perfectly because I'm calling it a dress now. Also I just strategically got you to take your pants off in front of me.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

LifeLynx posted:

My only complaint is that the jokes are SO rapid fire that I forget what I'm laughing hysterically about because I'm already laughing hysterically about the next joke! I'm going to miss it also, I hope there's another show from the 30 Rock team soon.

This is how I used to sell 30 Rock to people. “Give it a go, if you don’t like a joke don’t worry - there’s another one coming in 8 seconds.”

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
I watched Polar and S2 Punisher over the weekend, and I think that they got mixed up because I'd have preferred that the Punisher had a show down with a bunch of weirdo assassins with no plot and that Mads was in a broody character drama about PTSD.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

Timby posted:

Yeah, the series finale delivers.

That's good to hear! I just started the 2nd season this morning but it's prompted my wife to wonder why I watch "weird horror stuff" at 7am.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheArtist 314 posted:

That's good to hear! I just started the 2nd season this morning but it's prompted my wife to wonder why I watch "weird horror stuff" at 7am.

I watch horror movies at 5am on Saturdays, it's great

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Acinonyx posted:

I watched Polar and S2 Punisher over the weekend, and I think that they got mixed up because I'd have preferred that the Punisher had a show down with a bunch of weirdo assassins with no plot and that Mads was in a broody character drama about PTSD.

mads is a great anchor against the cartoon characters in polar
its a flawed but fun trash movie

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1090028006255616000?s=19

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know who either of those people are

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Queen Combat posted:

I don't know who either of those people are

Fuckjerry is one of the people responsible for the Fyre Festival.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The last five minutes of the first episode of Kingdom is SOME poo poo

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The context is that FuckJerry is an online advertising company that generates social media viewership by stealing other people's poo poo and reposting it as their own. They then mix in stuff they're promoting, like if NBC were selling ads in between episodes of Big Bang Theory they DVR'd off CBS. So them crying about not being paid for their work doesn't generate a lot of sympathy.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like a schadenfreude thing, how's that connected to streaming?

Like, I enjoy a good burn but the whoosh is probably on me.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

Seems like a schadenfreude thing, how's that connected to streaming?

They were the advertising firm for the Fyre Festival, a fraudulent music festival, which just had two documentaries released on streaming (Hulu and Netflix). They helped produce the Netflix doc, which does some work to try to exonerate them from what seem like credible charges that they were either in on the scam or, at least, should have known they were selling lies. So them then complaining that they didn't get paid in full by a seeming co-conspirator is tangentially streaming-related schadenfreude, on top of the general thing of people viewing them as content thieves.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's crazy how much Ted Bundy sounds like Trump when he is describing people and trying to be complimentary. Like, it's just a complete :thejoke: on human social interaction.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

First episode; Kingdom is pretty cool.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

It's crazy how much Ted Bundy sounds like Trump when he is describing people and trying to be complimentary. Like, it's just a complete :thejoke: on human social interaction.

That famous interview that Jane's Addiction sampled where he says "the police know that I didn't do these things" sounds identical to Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Man I just finished Kimmy Schmidt and it caught me off guard because I lost track of the episode count and thought I had one more... damnit.

Still, it was a pretty nice finale, even if it felt a bit rushed. I liked the Titus/Cats/Mikey/Jacqueline plotlines the bestwhich definitely caught me off guard.