Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Poniard posted:

still hootin and holerin

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

crazy cloud posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with old people

generally, they are not dead yet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i give him a+ for effort, really.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

nothing matters

ill show up at work late with a hangover and get nothing done same as it ever was

veryone on my team will look at job listing all day instead of doing work and we all conspire to get the resident nazi fired and then quit at the sam time, crippling things

then 3 weeks pass and more trump!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cumshitter posted:

just please toss me out a window instead of hanging me. let me have the dignity of a financier's death

i know im not in the strongest bargaining position but hear my compromise: hang me from a window

defenestration is efficient

rooftops and balconies don't get dulled like guillotine blades

rooftops and balconies don't have to be tied into a nooses for processing financiers, either

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:siren: http://www.psp-tv.com/r/nitecrew :siren:

tangled was really good and more girls should have short hair. come join us for kingdom hearts i'm gonna get really really drunk watching this

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

fosborb posted:

generally, they are not dead yet

Such a shame

There should be an age limit for voting. Im being extremely fuckin generous and i think that when you turn 55, no more voting for you

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

crazy cloud posted:

Such a shame

There should be an age limit for voting. Im being extremely fuckin generous and i think that when you turn 55, no more voting for you

:agreed: and also no one over the age of 65 can run for any office.

dead serious. either that or weight votes by age, i.e. the younger the vote the more power it has since they have longer to live with the consequences. something like average life expectancy - voter age multiplier.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Jan 28, 2019

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I believe in your Mr. Presidence :patriot:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
There should be a weight limit for voting too imo

\/\/ I thought there was a weight limit for that activity too

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Jan 28, 2019

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
met a cute girl at the bar tonight....

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
frustrated terrorist/gangster --> :bang: America

orange sky
May 7, 2007

So apparently this dude claims to have spread AIDS during apartheid through fake clinics

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1089450349646221313

Which, tbf, sounds about white. Imo black people should take over every private property owned by white people in SA.

But look at how NYTimes reports it

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/1089580082837053441

It's almost certainly fantastical. Of course. They wouldn't do that.

orange sky has issued a correction as of 08:59 on Jan 28, 2019

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo we got hair wrong, men should have long lush wonder ful hair, and woman should have short hair

look at the lions
lions do hair right

look at that hair

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and the bald, well the bald need BIG HAIR PIECES

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Baloogan posted:

imo we got hair wrong, men should have long lush wonder ful hair, and woman should have short hair

look at the lions
lions do hair right

look at that hair

good content

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Is that a lovely way to say that? English is not my first language so sorry if I was an rear end in a top hat

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

orange sky posted:

Is that a lovely way to say that? English is not my first language so sorry if I was an rear end in a top hat

It's fine as long as it's not combined with the

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

orange sky posted:

don't call people blacks, just a tip

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It's actually curious that here in Portugal saying black is actually the offensive way to refer to people with dark skin, whereas "negro" is the non-offensive way to say it. Black just comes off much more agressive in portuguese. That has made for some discussions with some friends with regards to how americans talk.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

don't call people blacks, just a tip

Yes that sounds reasonable. Native is not a great way to say it as well though, so, Africans? People of african descent?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

orange sky posted:

That makes sense, black people seems to work fine in my neck of the woods. "The blacks" is not a good thing to say. Live and learn.

African descent is good too. Basically don't de-emphasize people's humanity though language is the key.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Jan 28, 2019

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

That makes sense, black people seems to work fine in my neck of the woods. "The blacks" is not a good thing to say. Live and learn.

African descent is good too. Basically don't de-emphasize people's humanity though language is the key.

Definitely not my objective with that post, if anything I want to de-emphasize white people's humanity

orange sky posted:

It's actually curious that here in Portugal saying black is actually the offensive way to refer to people with dark skin, whereas "negro" is the non-offensive way to say it. Black just comes off much more agressive in portuguese. That has made for some discussions with some friends with regards to how americans talk.

Also, a quick guess why this is this way - yes, the portuguese slave owners never adopted the n word to refer to slaves, opting by "black". Exactly the same thing, but with the opposite words.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

look at the lions
lions do hair right

look at that hair

lions are extremely lovely animals

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Black people or dark skinned people, yeah. Skin is just a physical feature, don't leave out the people

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Solarin posted:

lions are the landlords of the savannah

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Solarin posted:

sounds like teddy rosevelent was right

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

orange sky posted:

Definitely not my objective with that post, if anything I want to de-emphasize white people's humanity

Also, a quick guess why this is this way - yes, the portuguese slave owners never adopted the n word to refer to slaves, opting by "black". Exactly the same thing, but with the opposite words.

That makes sense, it would be odd if you were someone who said "blacks" knowingly and also posted in CSPAM.

Horny Harlan Hill
Jan 15, 2019

Howlin' Harlan's House of Humpin'

lions are good, all big cats are cool & good actually

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Solarin posted:

did a lion eat your parents or something?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Lions own land, don't do poo poo all day, have everyone else work for them and steal other animal's lunches

Lions are bourgeoisie

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1089180495299207169

Horny Harlan Hill
Jan 15, 2019

Howlin' Harlan's House of Humpin'

release mountain lions in the suburbs imo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

wow this is one hell of a question :thunk:

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/1089750187034189825

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Virtual Russian posted:

orange sky posted:

yeah reducing humanity via linguistic manipulation is bad. the jews, the blacks, the japs, whatever, all have a direct depersonalization and more nounification racist intent behind them. but refering them to people is fine as long as adjective word is not distinctly and obvious racistally-charged and connected from past historic usages like jap. the negro/black case is that as well, it has a distinct and obvious racially charged historical usage to say "negros" as a slave object or subclass in america, like negro people is still not OK in america because of it's past usage by white america. this is very much more a local nuance and will vary by country so yeah faux passes on that are tricky.

african-european or african-america is ok but often feels like NPR shitlibs trying too hard to come off as totallynotracist because not all are african or associate with africa and it's then forcefully being attributed by whites then. but idk how actually people feel about that, i just don't like it.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1022537719875088384

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Holy poo poo this thread what the gently caress America is going balls deep full nazi

https://twitter.com/MohanadElshieky/status/1089631310606266368?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/garfieldpicture/status/1089206404546736128