Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

piratepilates posted:

that's what I got the game for :(

do the challenges get better the farther you go or something? maybe I need to try the right thing to make it click.

I enjoyed some of the mountain stories, they tell you a story from the perspective of the peak you happen to be travelling down and some are really cool, also try some of the near miss style wing suit challenges, and any of the sponsored trick challenges like the red bull one etc. If you wanna see a huge variation in one race check out the Solomon sponsored race, it's huge it covers like 4 peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Got a fresh hot take right out my opinion hole.

The twin stick controller is the superior input for almost all video games and if I can figure out a reasonable mapping I'll play LoL with one.

The opinion hole is located between most people's booty cheeks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

Got a fresh hot take right out my opinion hole.

The twin stick controller is the superior input for almost all video games and if I can figure out a reasonable mapping I'll play LoL with one.

The opinion hole is located between most people's booty cheeks.

Haha you're so clever and funny

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

Haha you're so clever and funny

Please don't quote me and then lie to people.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I played halo at a friend's house a few times but that game sucked, also lol at the idiots who care about that serie's dogshit story

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

I played halo at a friend's house a few times but that game sucked, also lol at the idiots who care about that serie's dogshit story

I enjoyed playing Halo with a goon friend :kiddo:

But that was then.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Caesar Saladin posted:

this is so true, i hated the pc version but i've played the console one with my brothers like 5 times, i think its the dodgeroll that really makes it work

Having a dodgeroll makes HUGE difference. You only got 6 ability slots so having to dedicate one to a movement/escape skill really hampers the amount of poo poo you can do, especially when some abilitys have like 15, 30 and even 60 second cooldowns. You might play a hero where you're only pressing like 3-4 buttons. It's weird that Blizzard still hasn't given the dodgeroll to PC

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 28, 2019

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I enjoyed playing Halo 1 at a friends house with other guys and jack n cokes. Then I played halo 4 years later and had no idea what was happening and the game kept expecting me to care

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

why would you play Super Mario again after you beat it the first time?

why would you play super mario

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

poisonpill posted:

I enjoyed playing Halo 1 at a friends house with other guys and jack n cokes. Then I played halo 4 years later and had no idea what was happening and the game kept expecting me to care

I think you need to shot the enemy until it dies :mmmhmm:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The best fighting game past, present and future is the original Virtual On for Sega Saturn/Arcades (also AFAIK the first dedicated twin-stick game ever)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I like video games :)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I like video games :)

:cawg: hahaha check out this weirdo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The best fighting game past, present and future is the original Virtual On for Sega Saturn/Arcades (also AFAIK the first dedicated twin-stick game ever)

I had the PC game. It was good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vegetable posted:

I had the PC game. It was good

Same. I bought a y-cable and a 2nd joystick (back when PCjoysticks still had the 15-pin connectors) to play it arcade-style.

Also if you put the game disc in a CD player it plays the soundtrack!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ninja Theory straight up lying about permadeath in Hellblade was loving awesome and the game was better for it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I really like the dancing turtles in the newer Super Mario sidescrollers.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Everyone in this thread who appears to be angry or mad or negative about videogames probably isn't. They are either mad they have to work all day and can't play videogames or are mad the younger generation is being brought up in a world of free to play delights and limitless choice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

Everyone in this thread who appears to be angry or mad or negative about videogames probably isn't. They are either mad they have to work all day and can't play videogames or are mad the younger generation is being brought up in a world of free to play delights and limitless choice.

We had limitless choice when I was a kid. It was called piracy. Was pretty free to play as well.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

As a six year old kid, I didn't understand why my borrowed NES didn't have those fancy intros with flashing names to games that the C64 from my brothers had.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Pretty sure this is somewhere within the first 100 pages of the old testament, not sure why it's in this thread

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

poverty goat posted:

What actually blows my mind about Bethesda is that they've never even tried to address the level scaling bullet sponge issue, or the insanely low quantities of ammo for sale, which have been Bethesda hallmarks since oblivion. I never even finished the fo4 dlc because unless you rush it you end up at level 45 having to dump 60 plasma cartridges into each raider, in a world where no vendor sells more than 25 of them at once. If anything it's the worst to date. How does this happen, and never get fixed? They've been getting this exact feedback for 15 years.

this is the kind of poo poo that leads to everyone just playing a stealth archer/sniper build since the stealth multipliers are the only tool you really have to combat the obscene health most enemies have.

Morrowind wasn't so bad with this(until the expansions) and in Oblivion you'd use Weakness To Magicka 100%/Drain Health 100pts instead of stealth, but every game from that point onwards is crouchwalk simulator for 100 hours.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CrRoMa posted:

The only people who actually seem mad are the people complaining about people being mad about video games. Everything else seems pretty light and funny

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The confirm button in any video game had better be the bottom button-- what is the A button on Xbox or the X button on PS.

And also Nintendo and Microsoft need to standardize their buttons. This A button being either the bottom or the right button is stupid.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Halser posted:

this is the kind of poo poo that leads to everyone just playing a stealth archer/sniper build since the stealth multipliers are the only tool you really have to combat the obscene health most enemies have.

Morrowind wasn't so bad with this(until the expansions) and in Oblivion you'd use Weakness To Magicka 100%/Drain Health 100pts instead of stealth, but every game from that point onwards is crouchwalk simulator for 100 hours.

At least Oblivion still had a level scaling slider so when they got it hilariously wrong you could turn it down

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

jokes posted:

The confirm button in any video game had better be the bottom button-- what is the A button on Xbox or the X button on PS.

And also Nintendo and Microsoft need to standardize their buttons. This A button being either the bottom or the right button is stupid.

Nintendo made the drat button diamond in the first place

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

signalnoise posted:

Nintendo made the drat button diamond in the first place

Microsoft fired the first shots here when they created the 360 gamepad with the green/blue buttons in opposite positions and B moved to the opposite side of A relative to the nintendo standard

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 28, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I vaguely remember the buttons being inconsistent on SNES games in the first place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Queendom Farts.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Queendom Farts.

Nice

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Halser posted:

Skyrim's conjuration tree is extremely strong, so utilizing bound dagger in the early levels, and eventually bound bow, let's you get easy kills and conjuration skill for when you eventually have kickass armor and weapons and can start using thralls.

Plus bound gear is always some of the coolest stuff in elder scrolls imo. Really hoping the next one brings back bound armor so I can henshin into daedric ghost armor all the time.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I vaguely remember the buttons being inconsistent on SNES games in the first place.

A to confirm sucked tremendous rear end. Everyone knows it's supposed to be B

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SpazmasterX posted:

Skyrim's conjuration tree is extremely strong, so utilizing bound dagger in the early levels, and eventually bound bow, let's you get easy kills and conjuration skill for when you eventually have kickass armor and weapons and can start using thralls.

Plus bound gear is always some of the coolest stuff in elder scrolls imo. Really hoping the next one brings back bound armor so I can henshin into daedric ghost armor all the time.

What's the point of playing a mage if you are going to end up hitting people with a stick / shooting them with a bow anyway?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

steinrokkan posted:

What's the point of playing a mage if you are going to end up hitting people with a stick / shooting them with a bow anyway?

Because bows are quiet and it's hard to cast a fireball when you're getting your face caved in.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
This console generation is extremely boring hardware and exlusive-wise. Part of me likes it since most games come out on the PC and I can save money not purchasing game boxes but I kinda liked how older gens would have super different libraries between the competitors.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ChazTurbo posted:

This console generation is extremely boring hardware and exlusive-wise. Part of me likes it since most games come out on the PC and I can save money not purchasing game boxes but I kinda liked how older gens would have super different libraries between the competitors.

Those consoles were purpose built machines and the games reflected specific capabilities that were built in to each set of hardware. In 2019, the only difference between a PC, an xbone and a PS4 is that the consoles do less because they've had pc features cut out of an otherwise largely equivalent pile of parts. There are no game consoles anymore, just PCs that do less than others

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

poverty goat posted:

Those consoles were purpose built machines and the games reflected specific capabilities that were built in to each set of hardware. In 2019, the only difference between a PC, an xbone and a PS4 is that the consoles do less because they've had pc features cut out of an otherwise largely equivalent pile of parts. There are no game consoles anymore, just PCs that do less than others

Yeah. I'm aware. It just makes stuff less exciting over all. Maybe MS will have some neat stuff next gen since they bought out like 20 goddamn studios (rip half of them at least). Next gen is just gonna be a vega+navi box vs a vega+navi box.

Edit: meant to say ryzen+navi boxes.

ChazTurbo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 28, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

lol that's not how it works. elder scrolls games always lose features with every iteration. The next elder scrolls games isn't even going to have levels or equipment

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

the difference is the easy to use OS purpose built for a TV experiance. eventually someone is going to make an android box with decent hardware for gaming and the exclusive console market will die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rutibex posted:

the difference is the easy to use OS purpose built for a TV experiance. eventually someone is going to make an android box with decent hardware for gaming and the exclusive console market will die