Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Remember that character who did nothing and was basically just The Main Character's Girlfriend and had no actual impact on the story or really took part in anything and her later absence wasn't missed at all?

Well SHE'S BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

https://twitter.com/toystory/status/1089931111810195456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/toystory/status/1089938657396514816

Okay, I'm interested.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Thats not how Bo Peep worked in the other films.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

She developed crippling alcoholism and had a redemption arc in the interim.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Thats not how Bo Peep worked in the other films.

What did she do? I don't remember her really doing much of anything in the first two and she was gone for the third one. I'm just surprised by the responses to the tweet where people are super excited about her? It'd be like if they announced Wheezy was coming back

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I remember Bo Peep got a lot of merchandising when the first Toy Story came out because she was the only female character in the entire movie aside from Andy's mom and baby sister. But I can't imagine there's anyone who really cares about or is attached to her, much less to the point where they would be fist-pumping that the literal porcelain doll is empowered now because she doesn't wear a dress anymore.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I dunno, I always kind of liked her? Her design is nice and her interactions with Woody were cute, she's definitely not a detriment to any of the Toy Story stuff she's been in.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I thought she was a ceramic doll with ceramic sheep in the first one. Am I misremembering that? Or maybe its a different bo peep?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm a lot more interested than I was before today, when they had made it sound like Woody and Buzz would be searching for her like she was a missing princess. Better that she goes through her own heroes' journey IMO.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Shes a ceramic doll that clearly did not have anything under the dress. The only way this works is that some toy customizer popped her hesd off and put it on a new body

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Shes a ceramic doll that clearly did not have anything under the dress. The only way this works is that some toy customizer popped her hesd off and put it on a new body

Sid got a new job after the garbage dump

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
raises even more weird questions if toys form strong bonds between each other and run away to meet previous owners.
with that and the existentially terrified fork man, this film might actually give us the Lore of the Toy Story Universe

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Macaluso posted:

It'd be like if they announced Wheezy was coming back

Oh please, like anyone wouldn't be stoked to see the return of Wheezy.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Bring back the shark who said "I'm Woody! Howdy howdy howdy!" you loving cowards.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Bring back the shark who said "I'm Woody! Howdy howdy howdy!" you loving cowards.

:hmmyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Remember that character who did nothing and was basically just The Main Character's Girlfriend and had no actual impact on the story or really took part in anything and her later absence wasn't missed at all?

https://twitter.com/toystory/status/1089931111810195456

remember that good thing in 1995? you motherfucking milk that teat. u milk it for every drop!!!!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Superrodan posted:

I thought she was a ceramic doll with ceramic sheep in the first one. Am I misremembering that? Or maybe its a different bo peep?

Yeah, IIRC the explicit reason why she was written out of the third one even is because who would give a china doll for toddlers at a daycare.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Nah, I think she was always intended to have cloth clothing. If you go back to the original there is a lighting effect on her “skin” to denote she’s ceramic and not plastic like the other toys.That isn’t present on her dress.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Timeless Appeal posted:

Nah, I think she was always intended to have cloth clothing. If you go back to the original there is a lighting effect on her “skin” to denote she’s ceramic and not plastic like the other toys.That isn’t present on her dress.

I had to check so I went back and analysed every frame of Toy Story and now I can definitively say, nobody wants toy story 4 shut it down

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i think there should be more disembowelment in children's media

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Same.

Macaluso posted:

What did she do? I don't remember her really doing much of anything in the first two and she was gone for the third one. I'm just surprised by the responses to the tweet where people are super excited about her? It'd be like if they announced Wheezy was coming back

Look, if you have to ask why people are excited to see Bo Peep back and doing stuff and has a cool new outfit then you're never going to understand it.

It's just one of those things you either got emotionally invested in as a little girl in the 90's or you didn't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont care about bo-peep, I care about why the toys arent solving the world energy crisis since they dont require energy to operate and why they dont say anything to anyone about the mass genocide of their people.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Barudak posted:

I dont care about bo-peep, I care about why the toys arent solving the world energy crisis since they dont require energy to operate and why they dont say anything to anyone about the mass genocide of their people.

Big oil brainwashes all toys to be subservient to humans and have no sense of self so that they don't rise up and destroy us all.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It'd be really hosed up of Buzz Lightyear took off his space suit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
In the animated series Buzz never takes off the purple... hood thing on his head. Even when he's at home on the weekend and in a dressing gown. They never actually specify if he's even human.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Same.

Look, if you have to ask why people are excited to see Bo Peep back and doing stuff and has a cool new outfit then you're never going to understand it.

It's just one of those things you either got emotionally invested in as a little girl in the 90's or you didn't.

it's hard for me to look at Disney Pixar stuff these days without a healthy helping of cynicism but i do hope her role in the narrative doesn't take a backseat to Tim Allen and Tom Hanks

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It'd be really hosed up of Buzz Lightyear took off his space suit

Oh man I wonder how they're going to find an excuse to reset Buzz back to thinking he's a toy again for the third time, that comedy goldmine never runs out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://thegww.com/report-warner-bros-developing-animated-batman-beyond-movie-for-theatrical-release/

quote:

After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.
Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

The film will be based on the 90s series of the same name, which saw high schooler Terry McGinnis take up the mantle of Batman under the wing of a retired Bruce Wayne in the year 2039. It ran for 52 episodes before ending in December 2001.
Concept 

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Given that WAG has contracted Sony Pictures Imageworks to do the animation for its films in the past, this has :getin: potential

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw geez, lot of mixed feelings about this one.

On the one hand, every time DC has tried to copy Marvel's success with movies over the past decade it's gone horribly.

On the other hand, Batman Beyond is good and I've been hoping for more of it for years.

They probably won't screw this up....right?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Goddamn I hope that happens and Imageworks does it. Return of the Joker is one of my favorite animated films because Batman Beyond with good animation is just top notch.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Not really wild about the Terry redesign if that is him, though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you want an idea of what the Batman Beyond style looks like in CGI look at the Tron animated show on Disney XD a couple years ago. It's..fine?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batman: Future Highschool is the best batman spinoff property ever made and this film will assuredly suck and dissapoint me in new and previously unfathomable ways.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Aw geez, lot of mixed feelings about this one.

On the one hand, every time DC has tried to copy Marvel's success with movies over the past decade it's gone horribly.

On the other hand, Batman Beyond is good and I've been hoping for more of it for years.

They probably won't screw this up....right?

Also every attempt to mine stuff from the Timm/Dini cartoons has made everyone regret it. Especially from Timm and Dini.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Batman: Future Highschool is the best batman spinoff property ever made and this film will assuredly suck and dissapoint me in new and previously unfathomable ways.

I'm actually very fond of LEGO Batman.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Batman Beyond as a premise should absolutely be awful (Batman, but an extreme teen in high school...in the future!) and yet it was awesome. But that really depends on competent showrunners.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lego Batman is quite good, I prefer Batman Of Tomorrow more.

Xibanya posted:

Batman Beyond as a premise should absolutely be awful (Batman, but an extreme teen in high school...in the future!) and yet it was awesome. But that really depends on competent showrunners.

There is an episode about having to watch a fake baby for home ec* and that somehow is an extremely good episode which is nothing if not a testament to good writing and show running.

*Their vision of highschool in the future is interesting to say the least

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barudak posted:

Lego Batman is quite good, I prefer Batman Of Tomorrow more.

There is an episode about having to watch a fake baby for home ec* and that somehow is an extremely good episode which is nothing if not a testament to good writing and show running.

*Their vision of highschool in the future is interesting to say the least

Especially funny since the villains in it are more like something out of the 60s show but they somehow make it work.

For a cyberpunky Akira-styled Batman, they were certainly comfortable with getting silly at times as they were getting horrifying at others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The show had an interesting cadre of villains. From the extremely 60s card deck themed villain crew to the interesting reimaginings like the Jokerz being a disorganized street gang and one of many, to the hosed up revenge mud monster and the guy who batman lets straight up murder the now helpless quadrapalegiac gamgster who tormented him.