Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Vyr’s is literally the worst in my book. I’m doing PC and Switch both because I hate myself they don’t let you link stuff, one wizard was “I got an etched sigil at 33, cubed it, and facerolled low torments with whatever ancient 2h until I sharded enough Tal Rasha”, the other is currently 5pc Firebird/2pc Tal and it’ll likely be the same story.

That is actually almost exactly a contingency I figured might be the way it goes. If Deathwish / Etched (and/or Mantle) happen along at any point prior to getting the right poo poo for Vyr's to shine, I'd probably just suffer along with Disintegration into a better / more fun set. I love the hell out of 6 Tal. Balls of all colors falling everywhere in the greatest disco event you could ask for.

exquisite tea posted:

Vyr's is one of those sets where you need 13 distinct legendaries + all corresponding cube effects for it to really work, and even then, it somehow manages to have even less flexibility than Tal/Vyr Archon. It's a fine second character option, but rough going as a first.

Live and learn. Glad I made this mistake on Switch though. It's less annoying to ride out, when my Switch's main purpose lately is to prevent public transit from being boring, and fill the empty time gaps at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've converted my Barbarian to WW and it's the laziest and best thing. Cleared GR 70 for the first time on any character and now can work to farm the fun and stupid LoN builds I want to try.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Last season I started as a Necro then switched to DH Multishot and was amazed at how quick and mobile I was wiping out entire screens.

This season I did Inna WOL monk and it's even quicker and more mobile AND it can tank.

DH is still faster imo! And doesnt need in geom which is a huge plus. You can stack so many run speed buffs between Boon, arm guards, wreath of lightning, krem belt, 2x run speed passives and they all affect vault speed so you move ridiculously fast while screen clearing with 1 MS.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I've converted my Barbarian to WW and it's the laziest and best thing. Cleared GR 70 for the first time on any character and now can work to farm the fun and stupid LoN builds I want to try.

I started with a barb 2 seasons ago, when Raekor's was the set. Got used to how FC worked (and really loving did not when it chose to), and had a HotA build fill out in very lucky procession. The next thing I filled out was for Wastes - WW, and it was the first time I had ever done it. I loved that build, but the game got really loving stingy at that point and I couldn't improve the gear sufficiently to make T13 farming smooth. Meanwhile, I was able to push to GR85 on the Raek/HotA set.

Overall, I'm glad to be free of the finicky way FC works (hit 1 enemy, awesome. Hit 3+ enemy, awesome. Hit 2 enemy, go gently caress yourself lol), even if it was one of the most safe builds I got into. Regardless, with the set damage buffs being what they are, just about every barb must be goddamn awesome, and WW Wastes once you're up into gently caress-off paragon levels is something I believe I will work into once I'm over this little Vyr's problem I got myself stuck in.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Dashing Strike with no cooldown is still the best thing in the world though.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Does the Wardrobe save your Skills setup, or is it just for gear swapping?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s your entire load out, skills and all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It even saves cube options, right? Like it's literally an entire loadout down to the smallest details.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It will even save your gem socketing if you use them for more than one loadout.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
drat, that's great. I've never bothered to use it before, but a friend of mine is joining the season late today and I'm pretty much maxed out my IK HotA barb, so I'm going to be dicking around with builds while he catches up. Whirlwind here I come!

mewse
May 2, 2006

The only thing wardrobe doesn't save/swap is your paragon point allocation

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the quickest way to level a new seasonal character these days outside of being power leveled? I'm playing on Switch in small, short bursts so going online isn't usually an option since I'm playing when I'm dead in Blackout or on the bus.

Right now, I'm just kind of grinding rifts as a Crusader

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ehud posted:

So far I'm just feeling a lot more fragile than my HoTA Barb from last season :ohdear:

I still need my compass rose and traveler's pledge. Then I'm also gonna swap out most of my emeralds for diamonds and see how that helps. Oh and I still need the Lefebvre's Soliloquy shoulders which reduces damage after using cyclone.

Of course your complete HotA barb was tougher than your incomplete monk build! The Endless Walk Set gives you almost all of your durability. The rest comes from your Lefebvre which you are also missing, heh.

BTW i don't swap out any emeralds for diamonds until beyond GR100. You're missing toughness from the gear side of things, not your gems.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Of course your complete HotA barb was tougher than your incomplete monk build! The Endless Walk Set gives you almost all of your durability. The rest comes from your Lefebvre which you are also missing, heh.

BTW i don't swap out any emeralds for diamonds until beyond GR100. You're missing toughness from the gear side of things, not your gems.

Once you have lots of paragon and ancients it makes sense to roll with diamonds because 16k vs 17k main stat is small compared to the resist all, but before you get to that spot main stat is providing a ton of damage and damage reduction and you will probably lose defense by switching. I’m also unsure if you are ever supposed to switch if you are main stat Int. It’s one of those things people get wrong copying leaderboards because it’s counterintuitive.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Marketing New Brain posted:

Once you have lots of paragon and ancients it makes sense to roll with diamonds because 16k vs 17k main stat is small compared to the resist all, but before you get to that spot main stat is providing a ton of damage and damage reduction and you will probably lose defense by switching. I’m also unsure if you are ever supposed to switch if you are main stat Int. It’s one of those things people get wrong copying leaderboards because it’s counterintuitive.

You can socket rubies as an int class for armor in place of diamonds.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I agree with what you've said, but my post was directed at the guy missing 3 pieces of his build, who I'm guessing is in the gr60 range, and closer to 9,000 main stat.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

omg chael crash posted:

What's the quickest way to level a new seasonal character these days outside of being power leveled? I'm playing on Switch in small, short bursts so going online isn't usually an option since I'm playing when I'm dead in Blackout or on the bus.

Right now, I'm just kind of grinding rifts as a Crusader

set it to hard (never expert, maybe master if you get super drop luck), maximize your dps by frequently revisiting the blacksmith and checking for major weapon upgrades, smith and reroll a couple L70s from him to see if you get lucky with a significantly reduced level requirement one

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Also do the CR for a free cache of stuff you can use to gamble a useful cube item and level your blacksmith

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I agree with what you've said, but my post was directed at the guy missing 3 pieces of his build, who I'm guessing is in the gr60 range, and closer to 9,000 main stat.

Yeah I know I was just adding since people tend to just copy top leaderboard builds and then get confused when it doesn’t work

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ooo yeah, that's a really good point. A lot of builds just flat out suck until you're augmented to hell and back. Lots of classes have a "fastest to reach GR70" build that isn't necessarily the best for 105+

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I spend the majority of time in a season in a Goldwrap T13 build and a speed Grift build that's 10+ levels below what I can realistically push because that's the sweet spot for leveling /grinding gems or legendaries. If I'm just trying to gem up stuff it can be 20 or more levels behind what my pushing build is and often looks completely different, usually swapping a damaging weapon for an In Geom

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Any tips for the conquests?

I can't be arsed grouping up and coordinating for all the bosses (it's not solo-able, surely?), or searching for the chest ones. The one with 6 different sets looks absurd.

I thought the 2 minute rift would be doable as my build is fast, but I'm guessing that it still needs some buffing or tweaking.

Any tips?
I've never bothered much on past seasons and have had a long break, but I'm desperate for an other tab (gently caress, I'd pay for more, I'm a terrible hoarder)

https://www.d3planner.com/675436942

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I was wondering why Inna WOL uses Rabid Strike. If I'm noticing what happens right, it's because Double Bells? :stare:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Adolf Glitter posted:

I can't be arsed grouping up and coordinating for all the bosses (it's not solo-able, surely?), or searching for the chest ones. The one with 6 different sets looks absurd.

I thought the 2 minute rift would be doable as my build is fast, but I'm guessing that it still needs some buffing or tweaking.

Any tips?
I've never bothered much on past seasons and have had a long break, but I'm desperate for an other tab (gently caress, I'd pay for more, I'm a terrible hoarder)

I soloed boss mode last season on a necro just by abusing stuerts graves and lost time iirc

e: took me 2 tries tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Adolf Glitter posted:

Any tips?

The key to the 2 minute rift is an avarice + goldwrap + hoarder speed farm, because the 30y pickup radius applies to the Rift Progression orbs, too. And Nemesis Bracers, of course!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The key to the 2 minute rift is an avarice + goldwrap + hoarder speed farm, because the 30y pickup radius applies to the Rift Progression orbs, too. And Nemesis Bracers, of course!
loving Avarice Band, drat, that's it. Still hasn't dropped, but I have most of the poo poo I need so it's shards and upgrading til I get one.
Thanks for the reminder

mewse posted:

I soloed boss mode last season on a necro just by abusing stuerts graves and lost time iirc

e: took me 2 tries tho

Really? Ah, I didn't think they were even all on the map at the same time.
I'll maybe have a look and plan a route since I finally got the Stewarts after a whole week of shard/cube RNG hell. They're ace tho. So speedy

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

So I was wondering why Inna WOL uses Rabid Strike. If I'm noticing what happens right, it's because Double Bells? :stare:

Yeah, it used to be bugged, but they fixed it, so when Epiphany is up it's a straight 2x damage increase which is why it's the highest grift pushing build for monk. There's no room for it on traditional Sunwuko builds because they rely on Sweeping Wind stacks, but since the damage on Innas is really only contingent on Crudest Boots, you get an extra weapon slot that in this case is just a pure damage multiplier.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Adolf Glitter posted:

loving Avarice Band, drat, that's it. Still hasn't dropped, but I have most of the poo poo I need so it's shards and upgrading til I get one.
Thanks for the reminder

Really? Ah, I didn't think they were even all on the map at the same time.
I'll maybe have a look and plan a route since I finally got the Stewarts after a whole week of shard/cube RNG hell. They're ace tho. So speedy

Avarice Band only drops from the Act 3 bounty cache chest!!!!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Avarice Band only drops from the Act 3 bounty cache chest!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffuck.

Also, thank you so much, I had no idea. This explains a lot (of wasted time)

So, is it possible to get from shards/cube or only as a drop form A-loving-III?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
am i wrong or is early leveling much faster in story mode?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Adolf Glitter posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffuck.

Also, thank you so much, I had no idea. This explains a lot (of wasted time)

So, is it possible to get from shards/cube or only as a drop form A-loving-III?

It exclusively* only drops from Tyrael's treasure chest from finishing all five bounties in Act 3.

There are 7 items in that loot pool, and you get 2 items from a Torment 13 run on Act 3. Expect to run it 2-5 times to get that Avarice Band!

*All of the Horadric Cache Legendaries can drop from Act 4.
All weighting being equal, any specific item has a 4.75% chance to drop.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It exclusively* only drops from Tyrael's treasure chest from finishing all five bounties in Act 3.

There are 7 items in that loot pool, and you get 2 items from a Torment 13 run on Act 3. Expect to run it 2-5 times to get that Avarice Band!

*All of the Horadric Cache Legendaries can drop from Act 4.
All weighting being equal, any specific item has a 4.75% chance to drop.

Ace, thanks, appreciate the help.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I did the gems, two minute rift and cursed chest for my 3. I can help with any of those is anyone needs it. Monkeh#1632

Now tell me what to reroll on my WW guy primal sword.

It's STR, VIT, Holy Damage and life per hit. Do I try to squeeze in % damage or area damage somewhere? I haven't really messed with CDR anywhere.
I should say I'm just trying to get the guy to the point where he can kill T13 bosses easily for bounties.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 28, 2019

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

I did the gems, two minute rift and cursed chest for my 3. I can help with any of those is anyone needs it. Monkeh#1632

Now tell me what to reroll on my WW guy primal sword.

It's STR, VIT, Holy Damage and life per hit. Do I try to squeeze in % damage or area damage somewhere? I haven't really messed with CDR anywhere.
I should say I'm just trying to get the guy to the point where he can kill T13 bosses easily for bounties.

I'm pretty sure you want area damage % in there. I'd put it instead of vitality since life pet hit works very nicely in that set.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Area over raw (10% damage)? That's two votes for that so that's my winner. My gut told me raw damage but I guess I'm wrong!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
For dual wielding, % damage (and % attack speed) only gives you half the benefit since you alternate attacks. Other stats give 100% benefit. Also I think % damage scales exponentially with mob density? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you hit 10 monsters each of those hits can trigger AD right? So on average you get 2 AD procs, each of which hits those 9 other monsters so everything just loving melts when you have really high density.

Note that AD would give you 0 benefit in a single target scenario and you wouldn't get the exponential benefit if your attack doesn't do AoE.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I didn't think of dual wielding and the last guy I really tried to mix/max was a crusader so that makes sense. Thanks!
Now to fix the other 19 slots.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Rinkles posted:

am i wrong or is early leveling much faster in story mode?

I'm not sure where I read it but I think it's been mathed out that Adventure Mode is the faster route. Hell, if you're on PC, at this point the fastest route is asking for help with a powerlevel in the SA channel.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
T6 kite killing, if you don't die, is the fastest but it doesn't really involve playing the game. If you want to play the class as it levels, then adventure mode rifting is the fastest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I don’t mind power leveling people I burn through so many rift keys it’s nice to have an excuse to pick some up.