Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Male Tears posted:

How sketchy would it be to buy Lush-style shampoo bars on Ali? They've got thousands of orders and almost all 5 stars.

Example: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cUDaN9Os
you have no way of knowing whats in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Can gutter oil saponify?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matinee posted:

Can gutter oil saponify?

why yes it can!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Fauxtool posted:

I ordered some carbon bike wheels and they made them totally wrong. They asked me if it was ok to ship even that they were totally different from what I ordered. WTF?

I have a carbon tubular front wheel from a well reviewed Aliexpress supplier. When it arrived, it seemed abnormally thin. I asked around at a race and found out it was okay, but it still sketched me out. The last thing I need is my front wheel spontaneously disassembling itself.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Matinee posted:

Can gutter oil saponify?

For sure but that's probably one of the better uses of it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Male Tears posted:

How sketchy would it be to buy Lush-style shampoo bars on Ali? They've got thousands of orders and almost all 5 stars.

What exactly would be the point of ordering 2-dollar soap from China :confused:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rad-daddio posted:

I have a carbon tubular front wheel from a well reviewed Aliexpress supplier. When it arrived, it seemed abnormally thin. I asked around at a race and found out it was okay, but it still sketched me out. The last thing I need is my front wheel spontaneously disassembling itself.

Carbon wheels are definitely abnormally thin and suspiciously lightweight. I was pretty unsure of them the first time I picked one up too.
I wonder if you can get a pair of knockoff 5 spoke mavic carbons on AE

Who did you buy from so I check it out when this transaction inevitably goes tits up?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Fauxtool posted:

Who did you buy from so I check it out when this transaction inevitably goes tits up?

I bought this one for my fixie about 6 monts ago, it's pretty sweet.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3pwWYgh

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats a deep rear end wheel, noice!
How are you finding the hub? Is it super loud or normal?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 29, 2019

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

What exactly would be the point of ordering 2-dollar soap from China :confused:
The "equivalent" name-brand product costs about $12 in the States (but looks to be a bit bigger).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
And it isnt even made with superior sewer oil.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

All 'yall talking about carbon fiber front wheels need to take a step back here.

If you're in one of them fancy socialized medicine countries, cool, go ahead and save a buck.

My fellow Americans, you should probably factor the medical bill that comes with a broken clavicle into your budget.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Male Tears posted:

quote:

Hair like Silk after washing and себорея is much smaller, recommend

Seems legit

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Male Tears posted:

I buy these and they're good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

The "equivalent" name-brand product costs about $12 in the States (but looks to be a bit bigger).

Don't pay 12 dollars for soap HTH.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Depends, some people have sensitive skin.

Personally, Irish Spring is the poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Salty Josh posted:

I have a dry scalp so in order not to get dandruff I use a special shampoo (tar). It costs about 2 euros per bottle just like all the other shampoos. Sometimes it's 2 for 3€.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have a dry scalp so in order not to get dandruff I use a special shampoo (tar). It costs about 2 euros per bottle just like all the other shampoos. Sometimes it's 2 for 3€.

You ever try tea tree oil?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I also wash my bum with it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

$2 sounds about right.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cUDaN9Os

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Salty Josh posted:

You ever try tea tree oil?

Don't really see the point of exotics when I already found a thing that's common and works. My mum used to order something called Phytoactive from Yves Rorcher when I was still living with my parents but lol at mail-ordering shampoo.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Don't really see the point of exotics when I already found a thing that's common and works. My mum used to order something called Phytoactive from Yves Rorcher when I was still living with my parents but lol at mail-ordering shampoo.

Hair is pretty important to men surprisingly. I prefer to shave bald as it saves on shampoo and looks awesome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Salty Josh posted:

Hair is pretty important to men surprisingly. I prefer to shave bald as it saves on shampoo and looks awesome.

Hair is important to me and I like to keep it clean and dandruff-free. Fancy poo poo to put in my hair isn't important to me.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hair is important to me and I like to keep it clean and dandruff-free. Fancy poo poo to put in my hair isn't important to me.

I always liked to smell fresh too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

себорея = seborrhea, i believe, if i'm pronouncing it correctly

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Salty Josh posted:

Yeah, that's good stuff, but drat, in the Winter, it makes my back itch like hell. But, it's definitely *tweet tweet* "clean as a whistle!".

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrHammond posted:

All 'yall talking about carbon fiber front wheels need to take a step back here.

If you're in one of them fancy socialized medicine countries, cool, go ahead and save a buck.

My fellow Americans, you should probably factor the medical bill that comes with a broken clavicle into your budget.

I have excellent insurance and regular spoked carbon wheels arent going to fail spectacularly like older bladed ones. It will just go oblong and roll bad.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yeah, that's good stuff, but drat, in the Winter, it makes my back itch like hell. But, it's definitely *tweet tweet* "clean as a whistle!".

I get the same thing. But it's worth it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I use the cheapest bar soap on my everything. Im bald so shampoo is one of those weird luxury items I will never know again. I like to hope one day I can get a big gob of soapy cum and rub it into my hair again to feel clean.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

I use the cheapest bar soap on my everything. Im bald so shampoo is one of those weird luxury items I will never know again. I like to hope one day I can get a big gob of soapy cum and rub it into my hair again to feel clean.

Just buy fancy shampoo for the pubes and pits.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Or keep em shaved and you don't have to worry about it. It makes everything feel sexy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Or keep em shaved and you don't have to worry about it. It makes everything feel sexy.
hair can be sexy

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
soapy cum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

soapy cum

This isn't Google.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Fauxtool posted:

thats a deep rear end wheel, noice!
How are you finding the hub? Is it super loud or normal?

It's a fixed gear so completely silent.

The novatec hub on my road bike wheelset is super loud though.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
I wanted to order some small plastic dropper bottles for storing and dispensing acrylic paints. Placed an order for a bundle with free shipping that had like almost double the bottles that I needed but I don’t care, I might need them later and they cost next to nothing.

Then the next day:

quote:

Dear friend,I noticed that you make a big deal with us,we feel so happy with that,thank you for your purchase.But we probably face a deficit,because your country is very far from us,and This logistics has already increased its price.I just wonder whether you can pay us extra $0.25 as some postage.Because if there is too much deficit,my boss may punish me or even fire me.Hope you can help me,anyway,look forward to your reply!Best Wishes!
This is link :https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Special-link-for-making-up-shipping-cost-0-25/32956118134.html

Hah, as if I’m going to fall for that grift! I canceled the order and set ”price increase” as the reason. Meanwhile I find another seller with a similar product for a similar price with free shipping and order it. Of course the original seller then rejects my cancellation and sends a message that I should cancel quoting ”other reasons” instead which I do since I don’t wanna waste more time over a 5€ order.

Then the next day from the second seller:

quote:

Dear friend,I noticed that you make a big deal with us,we feel so happy with that,thank you for your purchase.But we probably face a deficit,because your country is very far from us,and This logistics has already increased its price.I just wonder whether you can pay us extra $1 as some postage.Because if there is too much deficit,my boss may punish me or even fire me.Hope you can help me,anyway,look forward to your reply!Best Wishes!
This is link :https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Special-link-for-making-up-shipping-cost-1-00/32953428162.html

UGGGH fiiine. I don’t care. I know I’m being grifted but I go ahead and buy the ”Special link for making up shipping cost” which now is 1€ instead of 0.25€ that original one had but whatever. I’ll just solve the problem by throwing money at it like a good consumer should since the cartel of plastic dropper bottle manufacturers is too powerful for one man to defeat. They quickly accept the bottles and the special link and they are both shipped (whatever that means for the special link...).

This morning I get a message. The original seller rejected my cancellation AGAIN but this time the reason was that they had already shipped the order so it was too late to cancel :lol: so now there’s two shipments heading my way. I certainly hope the boss won’t punish or fire the poor henchman who’s shipping plastic bottles on deficit!

I needed like 20 bottles, what the hell am I going to do with the 80 that are left over? :downs:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

j.peeba posted:

I wanted to order some small plastic dropper bottles for storing and dispensing acrylic paints. Placed an order for a bundle with free shipping that had like almost double the bottles that I needed but I don’t care, I might need them later and they cost next to nothing.

Then the next day:

Hah, as if I’m going to fall for that grift! I canceled the order and set ”price increase” as the reason. Meanwhile I find another seller with a similar product for a similar price with free shipping and order it. Of course the original seller then rejects my cancellation and sends a message that I should cancel quoting ”other reasons” instead which I do since I don’t wanna waste more time over a 5€ order.

Then the next day from the second seller:

UGGGH fiiine. I don’t care. I know I’m being grifted but I go ahead and buy the ”Special link for making up shipping cost” which now is 1€ instead of 0.25€ that original one had but whatever. I’ll just solve the problem by throwing money at it like a good consumer should since the cartel of plastic dropper bottle manufacturers is too powerful for one man to defeat. They quickly accept the bottles and the special link and they are both shipped (whatever that means for the special link...).

This morning I get a message. The original seller rejected my cancellation AGAIN but this time the reason was that they had already shipped the order so it was too late to cancel :lol: so now there’s two shipments heading my way. I certainly hope the boss won’t punish or fire the poor henchman who’s shipping plastic bottles on deficit!

I needed like 20 bottles, what the hell am I going to do with the 80 that are left over? :downs:

I have bought them from amazon for a few bucks more. They arrived in 2 days and they came with the added benefit of support in case they were terrible. For stuff like that AE is kinda pointless.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The response to that grift is "fine, if it's not enough money then cancel the order". You'll get your money or goods either way.

They won't, and it isn't tho.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Salty Josh posted:

I always liked to smell fresh too.

Lol if you don't have Enrique smell good for you, your majesty!

Goon caring about how he smells! What's next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Perfumes were used heavily when people just didn't bathe, so there's your goony solution.