Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

state of the union scheduled for 2/5

Should just tell Trump the government is too busy catching up with poo poo that fell behind during the shutdown to have the speech until it's clear it will be open for the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hope he goes off the rails completely during the speech.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bored As gently caress posted:

I hope he goes off the rails completely during the speech.

i, too, hope that water is wet

what would be the most suicidal drinking game to play? every time he says "immigration?"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
All I can think of when I see the thread title is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8GdIPV7jc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election is "close to being completed," acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker said Monday.
Whitaker told reporters he has been "fully briefed" on the investigation.
"I look forward to Director Mueller delivering the final report," Whitaker said.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

what would be the most suicidal drinking game to play? every time he says "immigration?"

Anything about adjectives. Great, wonderfull, strong, etc. At some point hes gonna use his favorite words such good words the best words to talk about his wall. Pick one of his favorites and youre a safe bet to be comatose. I'd pick big and great if i wanted to make sure i died.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I 100% believe that the first part of the Mueller report is getting close to being done. Which is the Russian part. Remember that he split it off into two parts last year - Russia/campaign and obstruction/presidency.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stravag posted:

Anything about adjectives. Great, wonderfull, strong, etc. At some point hes gonna use his favorite words such good words the best words to talk about his wall. Pick one of his favorites and youre a safe bet to be comatose. I'd pick big and great if i wanted to make sure i died.

No way he sticks to any sort of script. I'm tempted to set up a bingo card of his greatest hits. "Best/Yuge," "build the wall," "Crooked Hillary," "No collusion," and so on. Free space is MAGA.

Hell, he may get bored partway through, pull out his phone and start livetweeting the whole drat thing, who knows.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh yeah i wasnt planning on it being on script i was just expecting to do his normal word vomit about something where he uses those cuz he looooves using big and great

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if you drank everytime he says "wall" I'd think that would be enough to gently caress anyone up

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

if you drank everytime he says "wall" I'd think that would be enough to gently caress anyone up
Even if they were drinking water.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

Even if they were drinking water.

Lol I'm gonna be spewing sparkling water everywhere

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

colachute posted:

Every time he sniffs.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stravag posted:

Oh yeah i wasnt planning on it being on script i was just expecting to do his normal word vomit about something where he uses those cuz he looooves using big and great

Limited vocabulary and repetition of those kinds of words is often a sign of cognitive decline related to dementia.

Just, ya know, sayin'. No real reason.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1089974205284798464

actually, she's not a cop,
:goonsay:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
one day people will figure out that being a cop is a state of mind

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I just did "standing ovation" for the last one. Counted 90+. I gave up around 10 or so and just finished the bottle.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Prosecutors loving stink!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

again there i s nothing intrinsically wrong with prosecuters but who they decide to go after matters

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Maybe the face of Californian incarceration shouldn't be president. :thunk:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
if the worst skeleton in harris' closet is that she, oh no, went after the parents of truant kids, I'll deal.

who even cares? It's not even like people can make a racism charge, but seriously lol if this poo poo is disqualifying for you guys

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

The Iron Rose posted:

if the worst skeleton in harris' closet is that she, oh no, went after the parents of truant kids, I'll deal.

who even cares? It's not even like people can make a racism charge, but seriously lol if this poo poo is disqualifying for you guys

can't believe why people would be mad about someone who disproportionately targeted the poor

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's not the worst skeleton but threatening homeless parents with criminal charges because their kids are skipping out of school is tremendously hosed up for anyone claiming to be vaguely left of the Republican Party

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

She represents the kind of Democrat we are trying to dislodge. Also I loving hated her at the state level and voted for other people.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Eej posted:

It's not the worst skeleton but threatening homeless parents with criminal charges because their kids are skipping out of school is tremendously hosed up for anyone claiming to be vaguely left of the Republican Party

it's dumb but i can't help but feel like tremendously hosed up is a statement that should be reserved for things on a bigger scale than fuckin truancy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Throwing poor people into jail because they don't have the resources to be a full time parent sounds pretty hosed up to me

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Iron Rose posted:

it's dumb but i can't help but feel like tremendously hosed up is a statement that should be reserved for things on a bigger scale than fuckin truancy

It's a symptom, but I'm sure if you ask someone here can dig up a source for some worse things that you won't read.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's just poor people who cares

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

gently caress off you milquetoast bitch.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

The Iron Rose posted:

I can't help but feel like charges/prison is something that should be reserved for things on a bigger scale than truancy but here we are.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Iron Rose posted:

What about the wrongful convictions where her office had exculpatory evidence that they did not turn over to the defense? Again it's just poor people going to jail but it's not exactly a great look when you're running for the position of commander in chief.

But yeah gently caress poor people or whatever you seem like you have a good moral foundation for evaluating politicians.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

It's not just targeting the poor with prosecution instead of seeing if there was a non-criminal way to handle the situation.

It's not just that she wrote a book where she tries to defend every lovely position in the most milquetoast compromise way possible. (Props to another goon somewhere who reviewed this, by the way)

No, it's her goddamn grin and laugh while she's explaining how much power she wielded as attorney general and how she wanted to use it on people that fell through the cracks in the system.

You're the lead attorney for a state that by itself would be part of the G20, your laws and ability to enforce them (for better or worse) significantly affect the entire nation, and your pet issue is truancy.

gently caress her.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Anyone else reminded of the judge in Futurama making poverty a mental illness?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Viva Miriya posted:

gently caress off you milquetoast bitch.

quoting this. give me the sixer bitch

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/OchamsRazr/status/1089637613210910720

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

Anyone else reminded of the judge in Futurama making poverty a mental illness?

At the time, I thought Judge Whitey was a joke. The experience of late 2016-present leaves me doubting that, though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

there are two big problems with law enforcement in this country.

1) cops and prosecuters like to go after really binary cases. The war on drugs is great for this, you simply arrest a dude or get a warrant to search his house and there is either illegal poo poo and you arrest him or he's clean and you let him go. Anything beyond that though such as 99% of white collar crime is beyond the ability of if not the individual detectives then the organizational hierarchy they operate within. Unless you have a whistleblower, gently caress over a rich person, or are super obvious on your taxes no one is every going to look into your business. The IRS doing occasional audits is the only thing close to the white collar crime equivilant of a beat cop constantly checking in on things

2) the other big problem is every sheriff's office is its own kingdom with little to none state or federal level oversight

Kamala Harris is part of the problem with number 1 because of who she chose to go after

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Goddamnit I hosed up the reason on that last sixer. Calling me a bitch isn't necessarily misogyny.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Iron Rose posted:

gently caress off neoliberal bootlicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The problem with law enforcement in the united states is this: everything to do with the American idea and heritage of law enforcement and the fact that it was borne of strikebreakers and slave patrols

All cops are bastards and so are prosecutors, not because they -individually- are bad (though the vast majority are) but because the system as it stands is bad and they choose to be a part of it