Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also not to go tok much further on this but its called "soring" and its sad and gross as gently caress

quote:

Chemical Soring

Chemical agents such as mustard oil, kerosene, and diesel oil are applied on the feet and lower legs and then wrapped in plastic. This burning and blistering infliction of pain cause the horse to snatch up its front legs quickly creating what is known as "the big lick."
Heavy, bracelet-like chains, placed around the horse's pastern, have the same effect.  In the show ring, they are permitted but must not weigh more than 6 ounces (170g). However, although lighter, they bang and rub against the already sensitive area inflicted by the heavier ones.

Pressure Shoeing
When shoeing the Tennessee Walking Horse, the nails are purposely placed into the sensitive laminae of the foot, causing extreme soreness.

Half golf balls, marbles, bits of glass or stones are placed and hidden between the sole and "stacks." These stacks, made from plastic or leather, are about four inches (10cm) thick at the heel and two inches (5cm) thick at the toe, making the horse stand unnaturally in a permanently, elevated position. Often at shows, you will see riders warming up on a road or hard surface, deliberately making the feet sore to attain the required “lift” in the gait. The only way these horses can get away from this type of pressure is to lie down. Due to this type shoeing, they are extremely prone to laminitis or Navicular disease.
Apart from ridden exercise, the show horses remain in their stables and never go out to pasture. Their life is one of pain and sadness. Many die relatively young from colic due to the stressful training they must endure and the exposure to toxic chemicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

emfive posted:

I aam an old good programmer and I think about infosec and yet i agree with you

please change your avatar emfive, to something more... Youthful

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ex post facho posted:

also not to go tok much further on this but its called "soring" and its sad and gross as gently caress

Torturing animals for show

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Watching various reporting media outlets trying to come to terms with how Donald Trump is already irrelevant in the face of AOC (someone not even eligible for the Presidency!) is loving awesome. They tryin’ real hard and it’s reeeeal funny

I am already bored of 2020 because it’s the first-order reaction election to 2016.

2024 otoh is gonna be buck wild

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if the horses didn't want to prance around like idiots maybe they should pull themselves up by their chemical sore straps

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

wow turmp can grow facial hair

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

ok but seriously did we find out anything about the piss tape other than it got posted in a random /pol/ megathread and was saved by a goon before it was deleted?

yeah. it's real

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

jemand posted:

I didn't know. I looked it up. loving hell, people. Sticking this in a hoof??!

humanity

kill youreselves

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

nsa/fbi backdoors being integrated into iOS is a pro move imo.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

beto sex cramp posted:

yeah. it's real

it's so loving real

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ex post facho posted:

:gonk: what the gently caress man

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

zaaaaaaaaaankoku na tenshi no you ni

shounennnnnn wo shin wa ni na reeeeeeeeeeeee

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

beto sex cramp posted:

yeah. it's real

It's real but the guy in the fake that was posted was way too skinny to be Trump.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

ex post facho posted:

Humanity was a bad idea. Sorry world. Don't worry, we'll destroy ourselves very soon.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvHwiJWgAY

lmao help

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

feelin good lookin better

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Hahahahahahahaha

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i wonder how long unrelenting hyperviolence of all possible metaphorical import can last until the earth cleanses itself of us

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
yo real talk

do i need to learn anything about venezuela? i don't really want to

i'm pretty sure i can find it on a map

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ex post facho posted:

also not to go tok much further on this but its called "trumping" and its sad and gross as gently caress

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Nonsense posted:

Why would you explore running for President but have no answers ready for very obvious questions?

I hate trump and have lots of money, why don't they adore me

wonders the coffee man

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Waffle House posted:

:gonk: what the gently caress man

trump

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

feelin good lookin better

the soon to be conqueror of Caracas

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
schultz honestly seems like he would just get as many "sensible republicans" as democrats, I dunno, are people really worried he would get that many dem votes (or I mean honestly that many votes at all)

I feel like he'll get like 2% of each party or some poo poo

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Hey, watch it. There's kids in here.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Reality Winter posted:

Trump thread is cool and good but don't let it be your entire world view

Epic High Five posted:

the secret is to post in the truem thread a lot but to have lots of political activities going on irl that are all far more radical than your posting here, so instead of being a bleak chronicling its instead a humorous aside

c-spam has enabled/encouraged me to do a lot in my area. certainly more than i did before.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

beto sex cramp posted:

yo real talk

Iirc they asked the UN to observe and help certify their elections to make sure it was on level and the US rallied the UN to deny sending observers

so now the US could go ahead and say this stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

beto sex cramp posted:

yo real talk

5000 troops will find out for you and will report their findings

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol I just tried that it works. time to terrorize everyone who has wronged me

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

Holy moly I'm not tempted at all actually lmao

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Dustcat posted:

and programmers, as a general rule, are loving terrible at thinking about infosec

they just want apis that let them do whatever, and then they do that, and if someone enters unexpected data somewhere and whoops, somehow that's the attacker's fault because they weren't supposed to enter that data there

programmers are idiots and i'm almost ok with bush2112 guillotining us all

spare the doctors though you'll need them

we have at least one dev and QA on each product team that have to do a bunch of infosec training, do static and dynamic scanning on each release and deal with the actual appsec team running near constant exploit scans and this is great because my last job at a major company who’s software you have probably used recently had the absolute worst security I’ve ever seen.

example: there is one hard coded super user password that has never been changed and can be used to access *all data in the entire system*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is that recent? My god hes ballooning

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the piss tape seen is a weird one

like, maybe there's some prankster artist out there who thinks they can make a name for themselves with it and had a few weeks and ten thousand bucks to burn on it

but more likely it was made by someone with an agenda

or it's just the real thing

i'm still prayerfully considering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

:d2a: