Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

Thanos will personally revive him using the life gem because it throws off his whole equation.

Thanos did more with that snap than kill people. He also healed all major wounds and illnesses with the life gem and stopped the process of aging, hunger and thirst with the time gem. Plus he used the reality gem, to prevent leathal accidents, murder and suicides.

Sucks for the infants and the elderly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just got done watching, for the first time since it all aired, the Ghost Rider pod of S4. Jesus Christ was this show loving on fire (lol) when it was good. Still is, too; I think the Future Arc in S5 was outstanding and the second half slightly underwhelming, but I'll be goddamned if I don't love that this show got two more seasons set in stone in the coming years, at least. Especially since the film MCU has pretty well ignored it and left it by the wayside as an orphan.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The Film MCU has ignored it since the start. AoS just gave up on doing anything more than token shoutouts to the various films during season 3, and from season 4 onwards only bothered with the films by taking them as inspiration for overall themes of the pods they were doing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, I know. I just mean that the promise was there and then discarded was all. Not that the show's quality in any way hinged upon that, as we see from recent seasons.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This past season is the first time I’ve felt that being part of the MCU was a liability for the show. It was so embarrassingly obvious the showrunners had no idea what was going to happen in Infinity War. Constant vague allusion to Thanos and “OMG what’s happening in New York” really distracted from what was going on and drew attention to how out of the loop they were.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It didn't bother me at all. I kind of was expecting it to bother some people mainly because some people clearly got way too invested in the idea that the show was somehow going to address it and that like the blown up Earth in Pt1 would be Thanos' doing or he'd be the threat Gravitron went against. I was fine seeing it as a separate thing that just threw some small nods to the movie. They did the same with Strange and Age of Ultron. Nothing that mattered just something you could laugh or smile at if you were aware of the movies.

As long as you can separate them you're fine.

But if you're one of the people who gets really worked up about stuff like "the bedroom looked different in different movies" or "when does Daredevil happen between the films?" or something then you get real mad or freaked out or something.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Season 6 preview: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1089934861333217281

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Looks like they got more of a budget this time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ApeHawk posted:

Ha, there's no way that happened.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
there are less episodes so it could be a bigger budget per episode. or maybe they just got a really good deal on fog machines and colored LEDs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Was that some weird remix of NIN's Something I Can Never Have at the beginning?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
also, sweet trailer, I'm excited! is that Fitz doing the Max Payne-style jumping while shooting?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just remembered we already got renewed for Season 7, what the gently caress

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Narrator: they didn't, Coulson came back

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Arist posted:

I just remembered we already got renewed for Season 7, what the gently caress

Wait seriously?

That was an awesome trailer btw. Goddamn I'm pumped.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Fuckin nuts this thing is coming back already being renewed for another season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

ApeHawk posted:

My thought as well. "My god, is that filming outside and/or on location?"

Of course watch that be limited to the season premiere.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Teek posted:

My thought as well. "My god, is that filming outside and/or on location?"

Of course watch that be limited to the season premiere.

On location, in SPACE!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's absolutely no way that the show got a budgetary increase, even on and episode by episode comparison. Shorter seasons ='s more money per episode is a myth.

That said, I suspect a lot of money for Season 5 was tied up in building the Lighthouse sets. The new season won't need to build a home base, which will free up a lot of money for new things. Hence the apparently greater visual variety.

Edit: In terms of the trailer, I was pretty happy to see Brooke Williams (Twelve Monkeys) is going to be playing one of this season's recurring villains. She's a great actress, and she's been floating doing supporting roles on genre stuff for ages. Completely forgot she was in Spartacus.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 28, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, that crystal poo poo looked really unpleasant.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

Man, that crystal poo poo looked really unpleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sjRG34DlA

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bruceski posted:

On location, in SPACE!

Technically, a dark bunker in Wyoming is part of space.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Invalid Validation posted:

Fuckin nuts this thing is coming back already being renewed for another season.
Not really. Some research company ran the metrics and found that it's easily the most popular Marvel TV property.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know why but they were clearly winding it down before they were like hold the fuckin phones, people stream this thing?!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

LividLiquid posted:

Not really. Some research company ran the metrics and found that it's easily the most popular Marvel TV property.

They managed to make shotgun-axe more compelling than grenade-fist.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, but Donald Trump is technically the most intelligent, thoughtful sitting US president right now too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I choose to believe that some merciful bastard renewed it for next season just to try and stop the fanbase from constantly freaking out about it getting cancelled.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No hints of known Marvel stuff being in this season, but it looks crazy cool. Lol what if the Evil Coulson's Teammates are mutants?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

twistedmentat posted:

Lol what if the Evil Coulson's Teammates are mutants?

I assume Skrulls if Captain Marvel has any bearing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Captain Marvel post credit stinger is going to reveal that Coulson was replaced with a skrull back in the 90s, and the Coulson we've known this whole time was a skrull. We're finally going to meet the real, original Coulson, who it turns out is kind of an rear end.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

The Captain Marvel post credit stinger is going to reveal that Coulson was replaced with a skrull back in the 90s, and the Coulson we've known this whole time was a skrull. We're finally going to meet the real, original Coulson, who it turns out is kind of an rear end.

That would loving rock!

Which means it won't happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
While I am totally for a Secret Invasion plot line, really hate the idea of "character we've known for the series entire existence was an Skull the whole time" would suuuuuuuck.

Also Kree Blood wouldn't work on an Skrull.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While part of me agrees that there's way too much water under the bridge to make a "Coulson was a Skrull" Secret Invasion storyline work without a whole bunch of "But what about when..." questions...

The other part of me says we're watching a comic book and none of that stuff ever stopped anything.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Coulson was a Skrull this whole time, but they manage to save him with a transfusion from Daisy that leaves with with a much milder version of her Quake powers. The introduction of this power has an unintended side effect of balancing the fighting powers in his body giving him control of the Ghost Rider and Super Strength from the kree blood. Coulson becomes a shapeshifting/ghost riding/earth quaking/super strong SuperSkrull.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I am so ready for AoS to be back.

Reminder that Shotgun Axe is the best

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 29, 2019

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
While I'm sad Coulson is dead, I'm glad Clark Gregg seems to be sticking around as a significant presence on the show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coulson is dead but Asgardian automaton Son of Coul can never die!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Coulson has died so many times it's hardly even noteworthy at this point. It was the catalyst for the show even.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

Coulson has died so many times it's hardly even noteworthy at this point. It was the catalyst for the show even.
Twice isn't really "so many times" so much as it's... well, I guess I'm just being pedantic. But still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

LividLiquid posted:

Twice isn't really "so many times" so much as it's... well, I guess I'm just being pedantic. But still.

It's not "Daniel Jackson" levels of death cheating.