Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You only need like 5 clean ETs to get the winter coat, it's no big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dr Cheeto posted:

You only need like 5 clean ETs to get the winter coat, it's no big deal

It goes on your PERMANENT RECORD

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I can't wait to start the 6th ET and just go to town with an assault rifle and grenades.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

double nine posted:

I can't wait to start the 6th ET and just go to town with an assault rifle and grenades.

"The target is carrying a priceless vase the client wants undamaged."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

RBA Starblade posted:

"The target is a priceless vase the client wants undamaged."

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

It goes on your PERMANENT RECORD

The game taunts me with it every time I start it up - "oh hey, an ET is active... no wait, YOU FAILED IT!"

Not starting the game up again until the next ET is ready.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nice Van My Man posted:

The game taunts me with it every time I start it up - "oh hey, an ET is active... no wait, YOU FAILED IT!"

Oh that part is the worst. I can feel it judging me, or at least I could on last ET when I had a Sightline Incident.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Nice Van My Man posted:

Guess you gotta make a new steam account and buy a new copy of the game, huh?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just do a Kill Everyone run of Sgail and pretend you got her

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CharlestonJew posted:

just do a Kill Everyone run of Sgail and pretend you got her

Imagine how much better off the world of Hitman would be if 47 really did kill every single person in Sgail other than the kitchen and waitstaff

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Imagine how much better off the world of Hitman would be if 47 really did kill every single person in Sgail other than the kitchen and waitstaff

cough *Davos* cough.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Nice Van My Man posted:

I took her book by mistake, forgetting that locked me in, then I panicked and poison syringed her while someone could see me. Now I have a failed ET on my record... I feel so dirty.

I did this but emetic syringing her bodyguard to try to get rid of him. Whoopsie.

Anyway I'm surprised so many of you scope and then restart! To each their own, but the appeal of the ETs to me is that they're so very different from the rest of the Hitman gameplay. You may know the map back to front, but you genuinely have to go in blind to some extent, think on the fly, improvise and sometimes things go very wrong. I always only give myself one shot at it. (This is also probably why I don't think I've ever got SA on any of them, and also failed quite a few of them.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still haven't even reached the penthouse.

Getting the King of the Castle challenge was a blast because I just put on a suit of armor and went apeshit with a machine gun killing EVERYBODY so I could get to the other sister and drag her unconscious body up to the Penthouse

There may be a different/more efficient way to get her up there, but it wouldn't be as cathartic as killing a gathering of the world's worst people.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

That's a horrible thought!

... Because you forgot the poor, innocent entertainers. And probably the warehouse maintenance guys.

I'd probably keep Blake Nathaniel alive too - knowing his doppelganger, he's probably killed more people than 47, but they were all Sophia's goons so whatev.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I assumed the staff were lovely failsons and relatives of the rich tbh, to keep Providence secret.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I'm also willing to spare Jason Portman because he's just such a hapless dumbass that I can't imagine him properly executing any nefarious rich guy plans without the rest of the 1% to back him up :allears:

double nine posted:

cough *Davos* cough.

It was kinda surreal dicking around in Sgail while my girlfriend told me tales from real life about all the billionaires laughing away the concept of socialized healthcare and livable wages tbh

Numbnuts
May 20, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I assumed the staff were lovely failsons and relatives of the rich tbh, to keep Providence secret.

Nah. Well, some shitheads maybe (the butler) but iirc doing the fire ceremony involves pathing around a conversation where they literally say they get paid to be quiet, not to care and thats why Zoe is allowed to do the cage thing.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Numbnuts posted:

Nah. Well, some shitheads maybe (the butler) but iirc doing the fire ceremony involves pathing around a conversation where they literally say they get paid to be quiet, not to care and thats why Zoe is allowed to do the cage thing.

Yeah, some rich gently caress in the first bar room talks about how "little" it takes to pay off working class people to serve them. Like just pay for their children's education and they're bought!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

they seem to have broken the little cleaning pool that vanya shah uses to wash her hands. Before I was able to electrocute her by throwing a car battery in there, but now she'll be washing her hands merriliy while a car battery or taser is sparking electricity everywhere. And she doesn't get hurt.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm also willing to spare Jason Portman because he's just such a hapless dumbass that I can't imagine him properly executing any nefarious rich guy plans without the rest of the 1% to back him up :allears:

Wait, Portman's there? I spotted the Texan but I've never come across Portman. Does he have 47's face?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

double nine posted:

they seem to have broken the little cleaning pool that vanya shah uses to wash her hands. Before I was able to electrocute her by throwing a car battery in there, but now she'll be washing her hands merriliy while a car battery or taser is sparking electricity everywhere. And she doesn't get hurt.

I couldn't make that one work myself a few months ago, ended up using the reflecting pool opportunity to get my electrocution kill instead

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What do the climbing tools do?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

What do the climbing tools do?

on a level like hokkaido, where there are cliffs, you can walk to the top of them to strangle the guy up there. they don't let you climb they're just a fiber wire, i don't know why i mentioned the cliffs

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

freebooter posted:

Wait, Portman's there? I spotted the Texan but I've never come across Portman. Does he have 47's face?

Hes the guy in that room above the art gallery who asks the guards for a peek at the cool Illuminati stuff they're doing upstairs and when they won't let him pass he grumbles a bit and starts reading a book. I didn't know it was him either until it came up in Contracts

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

where the red fern gropes posted:

on a level like hokkaido, where there are cliffs, you can walk to the top of them to strangle the guy up there. they don't let you climb they're just a fiber wire, i don't know why i mentioned the cliffs

I read this three times and then burst out laughing. Nice work.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

You can see what looks like the scars from the face transplant as well as black eyes. Still recovering! Until I shot him for science!

csm141 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 29, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope that Hitman 3 reveals that Helmut is another 47 clonebaby, just one of the shittier ones

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope that Hitman 3 reveals that Helmut is another 47 clonebaby, just one of the shittier ones

He's the best one.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

Actually, I could never get that to work. Maybe it's just real touchy?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
There's definitely some issue with electrocution and pools of water, I've never been able to get throwing a car battery to kill anyone cleaning up a spill.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

RBA Starblade posted:

His orders were to kill all the other clones, but after he got a concussion under mysterious circumstances he’s trying to kill all the other clowns.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

There's definitely some issue with electrocution and pools of water, I've never been able to get throwing a car battery to kill anyone cleaning up a spill.

I was able to do so early after release but lately it's been very fickle and I don't know what they changed but i hate it.

other than the kill challenges is there any fun stuff that can be uncovered in hokkaido winter festival? It seems very shallow, and I got though all of the kill challenges in ~30 mins. Am I missing anything cool somehow?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

Have you tries throwing it at their head so it lands at their feet? That was how I got it to work for the fireworks factory guy in Hokkaido while he cleaned up a spill in the bathroom.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

DalaranJ posted:

His orders were to kill all the other clones, but after he got a concussion under mysterious circumstances he’s trying to kill all the other clowns.

Canon backstory for The Corky Commotion escalation

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

He mentions that he is getting older, so he's definitely an inferior 47 :hai:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC, if you look at Helmut Kruger closely, there's enough differences to show they merely share some common distinctive features rather than being identical. (the cheekbones mainly)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC, if you look at Helmut Kruger closely, there's enough differences to show they merely share some common distinctive features rather than being identical. (the cheekbones mainly)

Yeah, he doesn't really have 47's super intense murder eyes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah, he doesn't really have 47's super intense murder eyes.

That one dude trying to haggle with 47 in Mumbai is loving amazing.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Jerusalem posted:

That one dude trying to haggle with 47 in Mumbai is loving amazing.

I honestly felt so bad for him I settled for 3 coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man lied about his grandma, he gets no sympathy :colbert: