Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All New Sonic posted:

https://twitter.com/palebluedotz/status/1089692948634034177

Some days I miss living in Spokane, then I read things like this and remember why I left.

He won't do anything because he's term limited and he's losing the office in the next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

FrozenVent posted:

The DSA should register as a party and run a candidate, just write off the Democratic Party altogether l.

I mean Canada has left, center-right and right parties, no reason this wouldn’t work in the US.

This is a horrible idea and ideas like this are why Trump is going to win re-election.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1090254343448772611?s=19

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090244651578204160?s=19

https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1090249119279525888?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

I mean Canada has left, center-right and right parties, no reason this wouldn’t work in the US.

At the local level, it can work, but given how the constitution works, this is just not possible when it comes to the executive branch. I mean, it's possible, but it will mean the GOP just wins every POTUS election. The constitution is not written expressly as two party, but it's just baked in as a practical matter. It's 270 to win, not plurality to win. As such, if a party fractures, it means both fractures will never win and will be defeated 99.99999% of the time by their original main opponent.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sergg posted:

The most hilarious part of Starbucks' CEO running for President is that in season 2 of The Punisher, one of the main badguys is a sociopathic wealthy billionaire named Schultz with presidential aspirations.

He drops insanely deep burns on coffee beans maybe he can do the same with trump

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Electoral college and other dumb stuff make it hard to make real changes to american voting and most people are unwilling to want it to change cause of tradition or founding fathers or other lovely excuses

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
As has been said before in this thread, a winning campaign would focus on turning non-voters/sometimes-voters into voters by focusing on policy. Since we live in the worst timeline I'm going to numb my brain with alcohol enough to get through the months of coverage of "independent" voters explaining why they're going to cast a ballot for the Panthers Eating People's Faces party.

E: If you really need a reason to vote, think of the worst rear end in a top hat co-worker or neighbor you have,and be happy that you're canceling their vote out.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 29, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hardest part of the tweet is believing Trump read a thing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Electoral college and other dumb stuff make it hard to make real changes to american voting and most people are unwilling to want it to change cause of tradition or founding fathers or other lovely excuses

I don't think Trump winning a second term is a sure thing but I don't think the Dems winning is a lock either. Honestly, till the Dems have a clear frontrunner it's a crap shoot. Though Trump's polling doesn't bode well for his chances.

Though the more and more this shithead talks, the less I worry about him peeling away voters from the Dems let alone gaining any support from the voters he seeks,
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1090242644222115842

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Josmar_Trujillo/status/1089980633047359488

:brainworms:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lol trump’s campaign is going to sue the guy who wrote “team of vipers” for breaking his NDA, and further drive up interest in the book.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427417-top-official-says-trump-campaign-preparing-to-sue-ex-staffer-who-wrote-tell

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Have the courts ruled on the NDAs Donny insists on people signing? I was under the impression that the only information security that could be enforced was based on classified information.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
most hosed up thing I've seen yet today is this dude saying he sometimes misses Spokane

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Cool cool so Canada has it's newest serial killer. Bruce McArthur just pleaded guilty to 8 counts of 1st degree murder, all gay men in the Gay Village in Toronto

This went on for 10 loving years and the Toronto cops did jack because it was just gay men.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao how loving clueless do you have to be

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao how loving clueless do you have to be

Isn't that a good summary of British-Irish relations and rule?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That's almost as oblivious as the guy who tweeted about the shutdown that an unprecedented number of Americans had been forced to work for free by it

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

mods changed my name posted:

most hosed up thing I've seen yet today is this dude saying he sometimes misses Spokane

hosed up if true

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

However he apologized almost instantly to his credit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My thoughts on Schultz. He isn't racist enough for anyone still dumb enough to think an egotistical businessman is a good fit for the highest office in the land.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

lol

https://twitter.com/hellenkeniford/status/1090225765881389056

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

crazy rich panthers eating your face off

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

he also said that wanting to get rid of insurance companies and do a single payer system is unamerican

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

My thoughts on Schultz. He isn't racist enough for anyone still dumb enough to think an egotistical businessman is a good fit for the highest office in the land.

also he'll just get owned from the right for being the CEO of starbucks

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

he also said that wanting to get rid of insurance companies and do a single payer system is unamerican

Yeah I posted about it earlier. I just find it funny the overton window has shifted on MFA and taxing the rich that four years ago this poo poo wouldn't be enough to sink him with most independents, now? lol.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/modsforschultz/status/1090280465129459713

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mlmp08 posted:

At the local level, it can work, but given how the constitution works, this is just not possible when it comes to the executive branch.

This is an advantage the DSA has by not being a political party: so chapters across the country can endorse whoever they want for local elections, including third party candidates. poo poo, including Republicans, if hell freezes over and we get another Huey Long. Of course mostly it's Green and SALT.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

I joined the navy to get out of Spokane, and that's really the only part of my service that I have no regrets about.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1090289394290999297?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Bad Poster posted:

Have the courts ruled on the NDAs Donny insists on people signing? I was under the impression that the only information security that could be enforced was based on classified information.

Long story here.

They're unenforceable, but the concept hasn't been tested in court due to no President being dumb enough to think that NDAs work in government.

NDAs likely aren't valid in the government (for non-classified data) because it's a pretty clear 1st Amendment violation, since it's the government restricting speech. Administration people likely aren't bound by the same anti-speech requirements that military members are.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So, in filing suit there’s a non-zero chance of the judge ruling that that NDA (and possibly others) aren’t enforceable, and also accidentally promoting a book about how inept/corrupt his administration is? That’s a strong contender for self-own of the decade.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Every Starbucks is a policy failure.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He sounds a little jealous he didn’t have the idea first.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Icon Of Sin posted:

So, in filing suit there’s a non-zero chance of the judge ruling that that NDA (and possibly others) aren’t enforceable, and also accidentally promoting a book about how inept/corrupt his administration is? That’s a strong contender for self-own of the decade.

On a personal level maybe but you can't top Brexit

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Icon Of Sin posted:

While likely true, after the last two years I'm leery of making statements like this. The universe seems to be taking them as a challenge lately.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Icon Of Sin posted:

Trump ain't gonna sue to enforce the NDA :ssh:

But meanwhile, the Las Vegas Bump Stock Shooter officially had no discernible motive.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1090296263248150530?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 29, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1090009530300153856?s=21

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao

Adbot