Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Did Gothel ice Marluxia's Nobodies with a loving stick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Do you have to save at a save point before quitting? There was a long stretch between worlds one and two where I didn’t have any chance to do so because I was in the middle of an hour’s worth of cutscenes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Played about 5 hours so far, gameplay-wise it feels just like KH2 but with most of the other games’ systems crammed in which is not a bad thing. I like it a lot so far

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

blastron posted:

Do you have to save at a save point before quitting? There was a long stretch between worlds one and two where I didn’t have any chance to do so because I was in the middle of an hour’s worth of cutscenes.

You can also save on the World Map if you go to the garage.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey y'all: why is Axel called Lea now

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Proud mode seems incredibly easy so far. The game just shits out invincible cutscene finishers nonstop such that you barely have to fight normally.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Lea was his original name, when Org XIII was defeated most of them were restored to their full selves

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Macaluso posted:

She transitioned

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Axel was Lea's Nobody. When a person's Nobody and Heartless are killed or absorbed the original person becomes whole again. I guess.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cool thanks

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Larryb posted:

I think it mostly just depends on how important that character is to the story overall. For example in the Sonic series, Eggman/Robotnik's VA (who I think was also the Japanese voice of Master Xehanort) died recently and was replaced starting with Forces.

Excuse me, I'll have you know that Kenshiro's voice actor is quite alive.

Fun fact, he also played Iago in the Japanese dub of Aladdin

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy goddamn the Toy Box intro.

Willo567 posted:

Fun fact, he also played Iago in the Japanese dub of Aladdin

*in Gilbert Gottfried voice* YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Imagine the most confused loving face you've ever seen in your entire life when I entered the Toy Story world

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This may be the most self-aware Square game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So I've been saying it Mar-LUX-ah all these years and I kinda want to start a fight with these voice actors now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s wrong with Mickeys voice jeesh

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Riku’s angry WHAT when Mickey said that Aqua’s like Sora and relief when Mickey clarified was great.

This game is totally aware of itself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

This may be the most self-aware Square game.

Hades getting real annoyed with all this crossover poo poo owned.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Empress Brosephine posted:

What’s wrong with Mickeys voice jeesh

The new voice actor has never really done the best job. Then again we haven't been hearing the new guy all our lives so there's some bias there.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I haven't played DDD, but I've played through KH1/KH2/BBS and I already know all the major plot points and story beats of DDD, having been spoiled a while ago. Am I safe to order KH3 or do I still need to take a prep class? I told myself "wait until you replay the games and finish DDD" but god drat I don't think I can wait that long!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

The new voice actor has never really done the best job. Then again we haven't been hearing the new guy all our lives so there's some bias there.

Is this the guy they use in the new cartoons

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Buzz attration is bad. There's like, no control. You just shoot dead ahead, and if anything moves to the side, welp.

The "Airstep" thing is horrible. I hope I never have to use it again (I refused to use it against the Wind Titan).

This is the worst incarnation of the Gumi Ship (I hate Smups to begin with). Everytime I make progress forward, the ship decide to flip me the middle finger, and turn around. Also, L1 to fly was dumb. L2 is much more natural.

DizzyBum posted:

I haven't played DDD, but I've played through KH1/KH2/BBS and I already know all the major plot points and story beats of DDD, having been spoiled a while ago. Am I safe to order KH3 or do I still need to take a prep class? I told myself "wait until you replay the games and finish DDD" but god drat I don't think I can wait that long!

I've played KH1, 2, and BBS, read the LP of COM, and I've picked up bits and pieces of the other games. I'm doing just fine. Get the game!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished Toy Box and holy poo poo the fact that Disney Characters are getting to interact with the animes is something I really didn't expect and I really enjoyed. Woody poo poo talking Xehanort is legit hilarious. Like Goddamn ruthless sheriff guns a man down with his words.

The boss wasn't bad either! Honestly just worried about cleanup cause god that world was far more massive than anyone could of ever expected.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is this the guy they use in the new cartoons

Pretty sure it's still Bret Iwan who has been voicing the character since BBS and is the primary voice of Mickey now in everything except the recent shorts (which I haven't actually watched yet so I can't speak for the other guy's performance). He's been improving recently but Wayne Allwine was still the better Mickey in my opinion.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 29, 2019

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

Riku’s angry WHAT when Mickey said that Aqua’s like Sora and relief when Mickey clarified was great.

This game is totally aware of itself.

I actually laughed out loud when that happened

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I never watched Tangled. It's hard to say if Kingdom Hearts is the best place to get impressions but it seems like it might be a good movie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Proud mode seems incredibly easy so far. The game just shits out invincible cutscene finishers nonstop such that you barely have to fight normally.
Yeah for real. This seems like it actually is the "Press Triangle to Win" game people said KH2 was back in the day.

I'm still pretty early on though in Olympus, hopefully it picks up a bit soon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Caidin posted:

I never watched Tangled. It's hard to say if Kingdom Hearts is the best place to get impressions but it seems like it might be a good movie.

Tangled is my favorite of the "new" Disney movies

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Caidin posted:

Yeah its really good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's something inherently threatening about Woody in this. Like he'll stomp you dead if you put a foot out of line. Love that graphically, the Toy Box dunks on Toy Story 1.

Fighting Nobodies isn't that fun without 2's Triangle commands. The theme park rides are bad.

Of what I've played, I prefer KH2FM's gameplay so far, but I have a broke brain and like the intro of that game a lot. I also think Birth By Sleep (PSP not the 0.2 thing) is probably the second best game and rivals 2 so my broke brain might just be wrong brain.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So once you get access to the world map and can more or less choose where you want to go, what world would you say would be the best place to start with?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

So once you get access to the world map and can more or less choose where you want to go, what world would you say would be the best place to start with?

Toy Box is where you get Aerial Recovery so try that first.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man I am an anime boy hanging out with Buzz and Woody and Rex and Ham and I LOVE IT

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Macaluso posted:

:psyduck: I can't figure out how to do this lock on jumpy thing it wants me to do to get to the next part of Olympus. If I get to a block he'll reset his view forward and I can't move the camera fast enough to face it upward to a new block. What on earth am I doing wrong here

edit: God I finally got up. What a loving weird janky mechanic. It seemed to work how it was supposed to after the second platform but it just wasn't happening on the first part

in case anyone is still having trouble with this: You have to target the platform you're trying to get to, and Sora will automatically chain his way up there. The floating debris are just there to get in your way.
You don't lock on to piece of debris, jump to it, and then lock onto another in mid-air. You just lock onto your end destination, the point that is glowing yellow.

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 29, 2019

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh god I just flew into Toybox what the hell is happening!?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Caidin posted:

Oh god I just flew into Toybox what the hell is happening!?

Best-selling heroes in the country!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Motion to change the thread title to Verum Rex Discussion Thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shoehead posted:

Man I am an anime boy hanging out with Buzz and Woody and Rex and Ham and I LOVE IT

this is a real good game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Verum Rex even mean anything or is it just a parody title?

Also I didn't have to go to Twilight Town after Olympus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Tangled world was nice but I am enthralled by Andy's neighborhood.