Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Tastykake posted:

accidentally purchased vanilla flavored protein powder, am considering suicide. advice?

my girlfriend did this and i just started mixing it with chocolate protein powder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ah yeah that's decent. buy another jar of whatever you usually get and do a 4:1 ratio or something.

slowly whittle down the vanilla over the course of four good flavors lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
swallow down ur whey with water only, huge unmixed chunks of it crossing ur palette, praying for death

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
New running shoes, you're my best friend.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tastykake posted:

accidentally purchased vanilla flavored protein powder, am considering suicide. advice?

dip your fingers in it and rub on your gums so your body absorbs it without tasting

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

cut ur whey into pieces
this is yr last resort
insufflation
no tasting
don't give a gently caress: ur gains are worth keeping

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

btw my body is falling apart lmao

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Homeless Friend posted:

swallow down ur whey with water only, huge unmixed chunks of it crossing ur palette, praying for death

same but powdered psyllium husk, holy poo poo I mix that into cran-cherry juice and it's still just close your eyes it'll be over soon

haven't wiped in years tho. 10/10 would suffer through again

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I got the vanilla protein because the chocolate ones seem to have some added sugar.

It's edible if I drown it in flax seed milk

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i just put the psyllium husk in the blender for my protein smoothies it owns :shrug:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

tinstaach posted:

same but powdered psyllium husk, holy poo poo I mix that into cran-cherry juice and it's still just close your eyes it'll be over soon

haven't wiped in years tho. 10/10 would suffer through again

There's a Proud Boys joke in here somewhere.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I was able to push the prowler one more rep than usual today so that's my good news today.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I am up to 3 x 5 @ 115 on bench getting back into Starting Strength, and accidentally loaded up to 125 for my second to last warmup set. Did two reps going "this is really heavy for a warmup" before I realized that I had screwed up.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

juche avocado posted:

fage is the best brand (it is NOT pronounced like the slur :sun:)

laughing right now about a guy at the grocery store trying to pick out the right yogurt for his buddy on the phone, but taking forever and going back and forth because neither of them know how to say the name without sounding like a douche

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Helianthus Annuus posted:

laughing right now about a guy at the grocery store trying to pick out the right yogurt for his buddy on the phone, but taking forever and going back and forth because neither of them know how to say the name without sounding like a douche

i can only imagine that this scenario is exactly why they redesigned the packaging:

check out the right side there :P

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I’ll be honest, I had no idea how to pronounce it

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it;s literally all greek to us it's cool

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

goin back to the gym today after another day off from the earpocalypse

doc said exercise was okay as long as i don't run and as long as i listen to any balance issues or pain coming from my inner ear

:ohdear:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

For yogurt I love this skyr stuff that's shown up lately. Its icelandic yogurt really similar to greek yogurt, maybe a little thicker. But it's got a lot more protein and less sugar than most, usually around 15g / 8g.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

:yeah: skyr is good but to my taste it's a little...... thick and "complex." but i've enjoyed it used as an ingredient

just shoved some s. colbert's americone dream in my mouf for lunch-dessert because i don't need to be watching my sugar intake -- or more accurately, i do, but in the other direction

come and get some, libs

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i've been having nightmares and waking up in the middle of the night and generally sleeping like poo poo. i think this means i'm not training enough and should probably step up the activity level

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Had trouble falling asleep the other night because my heart was 90-something while lying down. Too tired so I just laid there until it gradually went down over the next 45 minutes. I blame deadlifts, they have weird lingering effects on my CNS

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Knight posted:

Had trouble falling asleep the other night because my heart was 90-something while lying down. Too tired so I just laid there until it gradually went down over the next 45 minutes. I blame deadlifts, they have weird lingering effects on my CNS

What's your caffeine consumption like?

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

please don’t lift in bed

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Killing Loaf posted:

several grams a day

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Killing Loaf posted:

Not that bad anymore. 12 oz generic coffee in the morning (~200mg). 8-16 oz Pepsi Max (<100mg) before my workout.

If it happens again I'll cut it out, but I've been checked out by doctors before for heart problems after having a panic attack and fainting 10 minutes after deadlifting. Dunno

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Markorjoshua posted:

please don’t lift in bed

never stop lifting

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

never stop lifting

goood point! never go to bed then

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
nursing a hangover, doing body weight squats on a Friday afternoon in the office out of boredom. feel an arc of fire inside my skull, time to die of a stroke I guess

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

pain is just the capacity for good decisions leaving your body

on that note do i wait for my body to recover from mystery illness or do i go to the gym anyway because i do not want to have gone a month without serious exercise palace going (the other day i went and felt like garbage afterwards -- so, obviously, it'd be a good idea to try again :downs:)

jarofpiss posted:

i've been having nightmares and waking up in the middle of the night and generally sleeping like poo poo. i think this means i'm not training enough and should probably step up the activity level

jesus christ :same:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I now savor strength training days and look forward to them like dessert because cardio days are so loving grueling

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

juche avocado posted:

on that note do i wait for my body to recover from mystery illness or do i go to the gym anyway

wait to recover from mystery illness

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

MY GAINS :qq:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

juche avocado posted:

pain is just the capacity for good decisions leaving your body

on that note do i wait for my body to recover from mystery illness or do i go to the gym anyway because i do not want to have gone a month without serious exercise palace going (the other day i went and felt like garbage afterwards -- so, obviously, it'd be a good idea to try again :downs:)

Wait to recover fully. Alternatively, do fun at-home bodyweight exercises like core work.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

any increase in heart rate causes chest pain so it's not like mystery flu symptoms or w/e

doctor says :shrug: says my heart sounds just fine, my breathing sounds just fine (lmao when will :350: catch up to me), my resting fidgeting heart rate was 69 on a few hours' sleep and 2 cups of coffee, bp/O2 all within the "good" range, and that there is generally no indication of cardiac/respiratory issue

owns

eeverything owns

not lookin for diagnosis with this post. just venting.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

lol missed my bench press today by two reps so it turns out my shoulder is not as healed as i thought and also i probably lost 40lbs off my max over the last 3 months :cool:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Just a reminder y'all got the rest of your lives for gainz. Take the time to heal, be thankful for having the ability to lift the things. It's frustrating, but you got time.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

juche avocado posted:

any increase in heart rate causes chest pain so it's not like mystery flu symptoms or w/e

doctor says :shrug: says my heart sounds just fine, my breathing sounds just fine (lmao when will :350: catch up to me), my resting fidgeting heart rate was 69 on a few hours' sleep and 2 cups of coffee, bp/O2 all within the "good" range, and that there is generally no indication of cardiac/respiratory issue

owns

eeverything owns

not lookin for diagnosis with this post. just venting.

Just throwing it out there but do you ever get heartburn??

The first couple times I ever got it in my late 20s I was like :supaburn: "Ahhhhhh wtf is happening to my heart! Am I gonna die?!"

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Crakkerjakk posted:

Just a reminder y'all got the rest of your lives for gainz. Take the time to heal, be thankful for having the ability to lift the things. It's frustrating, but you got time.
doesnt gains-ing get harder by the time youre in your 30s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

cargo cult posted:

doesnt gains-ing get harder by the time youre in your 30s?

in that there's inverse relationship between increasing age and homeostasis (since gains is a stress response, one would assume) can't imagine the effect is too drastic as to be much of a hindrance for your 30 yo average joe tho.