Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

People doing wink wink nudge nudge fake speculation in the anime thread is annoying, but the anime only people might not realize that's happening. Unless you say "hey these guys are saying spoilers," and then they definitely know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's the perfect crime. one we can't call them out on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

it's the perfect crime. one we can't call them out on.

That poo poo isn't probatable?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

H-hey *struggling to suppress giggling* hey guys *smirking like a dumbass* you know who i love, completely unrelated to jojo? SPIDER-MAN! *winking extremely conspicuously*

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you probate only the ones who are doing the wink-wink-nudge-nudge posts, then you've called out the actual spoilers, but if you probate everybody, then you're robbing the thread of the ability to speculate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChaosArgate posted:

If you probate only the ones who are doing the wink-wink-nudge-nudge posts, then you've called out the actual spoilers, but if you probate everybody, then you're robbing the thread of the ability to speculate.

Hey, you can always probate them for wink-nudging on different posts so it doesn't give out why they got hit, that or we can talk poo poo about it here too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Though in this case, it's the name of one stand from part 7, they'll forget all about it by the time we get there anyway, so why not just squash the bad behavior before it starts getting into the actual part 5?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I did actually chuckle since the references were so coy that nobody not in the know would notice, but then *of course* someone says they're real spoilers, thus cueing everyone in (which is probably why it's not good to wink wink, nudge nudge - people are often bad at realizing you spoil people by calling it out). Also not good to fake spoil for the same reason, people saying your spoiler is fake/wrong means they are saying it *can't* happen.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's dumb as poo poo to do it in the first place and if it didn't happen then there wouldn't be anyone stupidly pointing it out in the anime thread which i'm sure will lead to some idiot going 'kill all manga readers' or whatever the hell

it's literally not that difficult but boy do people love slamming their face onto that stove i guess

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i literally say in the opening post not to do it, so i probably should have reported it when i saw, so try and do that more i guess

like yeah, it's better than saying that Doppio = Diavolo but it's just really lame, but people gotta feel smart online i guess

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Carry On My Wayward Son dammit

It would even work pretty nicely length-wise if the they were to start at the 'Once I rose above the noise and confusion' line:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0&t=69s

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

FirstAidKite posted:

Carry On My Wayward Son dammit

I still stand by Shiny Happy People working for part 4

When people have speculated on ED songs, my reaction has generally been"eh, that'd be alright, whatever". When people got mad about All Star not being the pick for part 4, it was kind of hilarious, because that was a silly thing to get invested in.

If we get part 7, and Carry On Wayward Son is not the pick I will be loving angry, because god drat it that choice is perfect on every level.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
As usual, DavePro is going to pick something completely buttfuck random yet still strangely fitting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Lord of Hats posted:

When people have speculated on ED songs, my reaction has generally been"eh, that'd be alright, whatever". When people got mad about All Star not being the pick for part 4, it was kind of hilarious, because that was a silly thing to get invested in.

If we get part 7, and Carry On Wayward Son is not the pick I will be loving angry, because god drat it that choice is perfect on every level.

A Horse With No Name.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Dias posted:

A Horse With No Name.

her name is slow dancer

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The song choices are never something you could guess anyway, so itll probably be an Outkast song that isnt Hey Ya!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The peak ED for SBR is Roundabout.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Ringo fight fading out to the Roundabout intro...

How can I say this...

I got a

BONER!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

After pt5's ED, I've learned to not even speculate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tired: Carry On Wayward Son
Wired: I'm Afraid of Americans

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro Second Super Action Statue is out now. He's not super great but he's not abysmal either. Mines on his way over from Japan.

They can't all be Kira and Killer Queen quality. :(
Seriously though the blue KQ is super super good.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Leaked footage from some upcoming episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygDVPYQd2Y

The animation quality in this part is just crazy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ChaosArgate posted:

might be good cause to start handing out bans to the people doing it. sure, anime onlies will get spoiled a few times more, but it'd probably cut down on that bullshit real quick

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm reading the colorized Phantom Blood on Shueisha's new Manga Plus service, and I'd forgotten both how uncomfortably fanservicey the human sacrifice scene at the beginning was and how clearly it showed how Jojo vampires work.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Giorno conquers Minecraft.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hogama posted:

Giorno conquers Minecraft.

David Productions will need to get Yutaka Nakamura on loan to for that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

So is the Baby Face fight a one or two parter?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Two parter, but I think they got most of it in this one. All that's left is Babyface face planting into a turtle turd, getting burned to death, and Giorno sending the corpse back to Melone in the form of a snake.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

So is the Baby Face fight a one or two parter?

Like a one-and-a-third parter, I think.

I'm calling the episode titles for the rest of the show now:
18. Head to Venezia
19. White Album
20. The Last Orders from the Boss
21. The Mystery of King Crimson
22. Clash and Talking Head (1)
23. Clash and Talking Head (2)
24. Flight Code Null
25. Notorious BIG
26. Spice Girl
27. My Name is Doppio
28. King Crimson vs. Metallica
29. Pronto! On the Line
30. Green Day and Oasis (1)
31. Green Day and Oasis (2)
32. Green Day and Oasis (3)
33. His Name is Diavolo
34. The Requiem Plays Quietly (1)
35. The Requiem Plays Quietly (2)
36. Diavolo Emerges
37. King of Kings
38. Gold Experience Requiem
39. Sleeping Slaves

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Every time I remember that part 5 has a fight called "King Crimson vs. Metallica" I break into a grin.

It's not a conscious reaction, either. I don't think to myself, gosh, ain't it cool that there's a fight between King Crimson and Metallica? It's more like when a doctor knocks your knee with the little rubber hammer. It's reflexive.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I can't wait to see Doppio's phone calls.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

White Album is such a great fight.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Toplowtech posted:

White Album is such a great fight.

Im waiting for Ghicaccios rants

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm really happy with the consistent flashes to Ghiaccio and Risotto and such. Like they're not doing or saying much but it's so much better than them just following behind each other, only existing when their fight starts

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What is the copyright name of Notorious BIG? That has to be pretty good, right?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's never gotten one, the anime will be the first time it's been in something with an English translation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope we get Giorno driving the car into the sea next week.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It'll either be 'Infamous LARGE' or 'Zombie Monster' depending on whether that episode gets a cool translator or the one who named Sticky Fingers & Sex Pistols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CJ posted:

What is the copyright name of Notorious BIG? That has to be pretty good, right?

I'm guessing something like Infamous Large.

Edit: Talking Head and Rolling Stone don't have copyright-friendly names yet either. Talkative Face and Moving Rock, maybe?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 1, 2019