Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
My copy of Kingdom Hearts got delayed because of weather and now I'm sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Spiderman doesn't LAUNCH he SWINGS gosh

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

PantsBandit posted:

Spiderman doesn't LAUNCH he SWINGS gosh

he Twips

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'm at a coffee and there is a dude next to me telling a girl about how he's making a documentary about Kingdom Hearts and the liberation of the individual through Disney avatars and cosplay lmbo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Thwip" is canonically a verb as of Into the Spider-Verse

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

What does thwip have to do with snikt, you loving dweebs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm at a coffee and there is a dude next to me telling a girl about how he's making a documentary about Kingdom Hearts and the liberation of the individual through Disney avatars and cosplay lmbo

At my therapist appointment today I started ranting about how my experience with fighting games parallels my current songwriting struggle and how both require a very similar mindset and a shut up and get yer hands dirty approach. The nerds are out today y’all better stay safe.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
nearing the end of my ClaireA run and its the story flows and gels much better than doing leon first. also claire flirting heavily with leon. and lmao i havent ran out of ammo much plus im nearing the end in half the time it took my first run. tho to be fair, i do have the hud turned on for this run.

think ill blow through leonB and then just leave the game for awhile, go back to yakuza 5 and 6 and then come back and do a hardcore run with the classic costumes and soundtrack swap.

edit: thinking on it, i think if you havent played remake2 yet then 100% start as claire, then leon 2nd run will be fantastic.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 29, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

At my therapist appointment today I started ranting about how my experience with fighting games parallels my current songwriting struggle and how both require a very similar mindset and a shut up and get yer hands dirty approach. The nerds are out today y’all better stay safe.

I'm at a hipster coffee shop and people can't stop going on about how great our president is in between bites of avocado toast.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RareAcumen posted:

I'm at a hipster coffee shop and people can't stop going on about how great our president is in between bites of avocado toast.

Oh poo poo it's Jacob Wohl, get him!

I'm really kind of surprised at just how much the RE2 remake is completely my poo poo. It's a 10 hour game the first time that can be beaten in under 1, and it's a blast to speedrun. I'm not even that good at it, still kind of struggling my way through a Hardcore run with infinite weapons, but it's just so much fun to play that I've done like six full runs already.

Reminds me almost exactly of how RE7's demo got me hooked and the full game got me hooked even more.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am not going to play KH, because don't seems my cup of tea, but I entertain myself reading about the lore in games.

I am sure everyone has seen at least 5 of these videos, so please ignore if you are saturated already of these "what happened before kh3"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiHufVEc7g

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

wtf that kind of toast is like 2x as much as normal toast why would they even do that?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Batman's movement isn't faster than Spiderman's, I just like that traversal system a bit more I think. Something about the grapple-dive-glide felt just so perfect, and I will say that the diving bits felt a lot faster than the same movement in Spiderman, the added wind noise and screen shake is well done in Batman, plus your cape helps to illustrate.

That said, I'm a lot better at moving around in Spiderman than I was this morning. It feels really great. The level of control is amazing, the way you can swing down and into a tight alleyway is crazy intuitive. Once I get those incremental % swing upgrades it'll be even better but I do still have issue with how much the point boost is involved. which is funny because batman's grapple has basically the same mechanic and I love it

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 30, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

So is bagel

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Earlier today I decided that RE2 seems too hard too tense and too scary for me. For those reasons I’m going to face my fears and buy it.

RareAcumen posted:

i hate you lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Earlier today I decided that RE2 seems too hard too tense and too scary for me. For those reasons I’m going to face my fears and buy it.

i hate you lmao

If I can like it, you can like it. Play it in episodes. On tonight's episode; Leon reaches the second floor and is shocked to discover it is infested with the zombies!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

When I was a kid, I was fascinated by the idea of the Resident Evil 1 remake. But the crimson heads scared the poo poo out of me, to the point I wouldn’t play it. I read everything about the game, even played RE0, but the Remake was this unapproachable mountain.

Years later I finally got up the nerve to play the wii port. It was scary and freaky but it was so good. I’m not going to say the crimson heads aren’t scary, but they are manageable if you’re smart and prepared.

Resident Evil 2 remake doesn’t have crimson heads. But it does have a lot of scary stuff and I understand your trepidation. What I will say is that RE is always good about giving you options to overcome your obstacles. You can board up windows. You can decapitate or dismember enemies. You can use defense items. You can run.

Sometimes they get you and you die, but you get to know the police station better, and the zombies better, and the system makes sense. They’re still scary, but they’re stupid, slow, and they don’t have guns. Leon starts the game as a lame rookie. He ends up as an action hero. You can do it!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

i hate you lmao

No joke, play it on Assisted. It gives you all the atmosphere without the game stomping the on your balls BUT then you can change to Standard on your next game once you know how to play better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

wtf that kind of toast is like 2x as much as normal toast why would they even do that?

Because they're stupid and aren't buying houses, duh.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think RE2 is very scary. Tense yes, but it's more of a resource management game within a zombie framework. Lickers are real creepy though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think RE2 is very scary. Tense yes, but it's more of a resource management game within a zombie framework. Lickers are real creepy though.

It scares me :shrug:

E: the lickers actually don't bother me as much as the zombies. I just ram bombs in their mouth and action man them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Somehow I watch like 50+ horror movies a year, listen to and read awful true crime stuff literally every day, am obsessed with all things creepy as gently caress, yet horror games RUIN me. Anyway all the comments above are awesome. Thanks! I’m going to be brave and buy it before I sleep tonight so it’s all set for me tomorrow!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RE2 scares the crap out of me. There's this sense of dread so pervasive that I explore new areas slowly and tensely, gun often drawn. It's restored my survival horror tradition of playing in 1-2 hour bursts and then cooling down with something less anxiety-inducing before I go back.

BTW how loving good are RE2's doors? You can burst through in a jog, or slowly creak it open, or peek your gun through, or flip it open all the way and unload your shotty on the Licker hanging around just outside. All with the analog stick, and maybe a trigger hold or a button press. Cheers to doors

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I kick down every single door at full speed because it makes me feel confident.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I never finished the original Resident Evil 2 so I don't know why a police department was made into a Byzantine labyrinth of engravings and puzzles.

They do explain that in the end of the game, right?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

I never finished the original Resident Evil 2 so I don't know why a police department was made into a Byzantine labyrinth of engravings and puzzles.

It used to be a freaky museum. There are rooms full of musty art and sculptures, an opulent library and it all dates back to the founding of Umbrella town.

E: don't know if this is a spoiler but the PD itself is basically a department of Umbrella

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's the offspring of a police station and museum.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just finished playing RE1 for the first time and now I'm diving right into the RE2 remake.

I think it's scary :ohdear:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RE games are always scary the first time. Subsequent runs, with the exception of RE2’s B scenario, is all about knowing what’s coming up and doing better than last time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Game is downloading and will be ready for me tomorrow yeaaaah boiiiii. Go ahead and place your bets on if I will finally complete a Resident Evil game or not.

Any beginner tips? Should I start off with Claire?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really wanna play RE2 but I’m worried about it being too spooky for me too. I played 2 and 3 as a kid but I’m most familiar with the 4/5/6 style which isn’t really scary at all lol. In the meantime I’m playing KH3 which is extremely colorful and not remotely scary

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Because they're stupid and aren't buying houses, duh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Game is downloading and will be ready for me tomorrow yeaaaah boiiiii. Go ahead and place your bets on if I will finally complete a Resident Evil game or not.

Any beginner tips? Should I start off with Claire?

I’ve only played Claire A and half of Leon B and while B is a bit trickier regardless I think Claire is easier. She gets a grenade launcher that isn’t quite as powerful as Leon’s big gun but is far more versatile than Leon’s mid-tier gun, especially against lickers. As long as you’re not spending all your regular gunpowder on regular bullets you can use it on almost anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've been playing the whole kingdom hearts series this month and I think I'm going insane

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've been playing the whole kingdom hearts series this month and I think I'm going insane

Without having ever even touched the series I can assure you that you are

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah I played the 2.8 package some months ago to see if it would help and while some of the games in it are pretty good, I decided that no amount of knowledge about the backstory makes it have any more healthy effects on the human mind.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Resident Evil is really, really good at exposing you to new situations/enemies that feel overwhelming and terrifying, then giving you some piece of gear that lets you go back and give them the business. That's why I think it's a more manageable game for people who have trouble with scary stuff. It scares you, then lets you stick the barrel of a shotgun into your fears.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
How much cutscenes are there in the beginning of KH3 before gameplay? Is it too crazy to just skip them all?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

How much cutscenes are there in the beginning of KH3 before gameplay? Is it too crazy to just skip them all?

Not that many. 20 minutes or so maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I skipped the cutscenes and was completely lost I mean who the gently caress is Mickey Mouse