Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

To be fair it was a "devil's advocate" comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wasn’t he a fed himself?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The story was that he wanted to make it look like a murder.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I'm sure this fairly successful c list celebrity faked a hate crime. I mean what's he got to lose? And subway?!? None of this is adding up for the kind of behavior I expect for this person I know nothing about. In fact I think some trickery is afoot. I feel it in my gut!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Play nice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can we even be sure that Jussie Smollett ever existed? I find the whole thing suspicious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe there's a two hour video of some Black Israelites being mean to the MAGA guys, so they're totally innocent. Just asking questions here!!!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
There was some American woman in Vancouver who conducted a self-inflicted false flag acid attack. On her own face!

But she’s not a normal occurrence.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

The DSA should register as a party and run a candidate, just write off the Democratic Party altogether l.

I mean Canada has left, center-right and right parties, no reason this wouldn’t work in the US.

Habibi, donald trump couldn't have made it in canada and our election system really only allows for two major parties. Third parties will p much give one of the others a win without some sort of transferrable vote system, which we do not have.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I guess people don't remember Tawana Brawley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

She crawled into a garbage bag with dog poo poo, wrote "kkk" and "friend of the family" on herself and is the reason that everyone knows who Al Sharpton is. I was going to the same high school as she was at the time and her lies turned the whole place into a loving circus.

If there were 2 guys in the Subway talking poo poo that will probably be on video so I imagine we'll get more info pretty soon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

All these examples are outliers and don’t add up to an anthill for all the times white people say it was black dude or Mexican who did something heinous instead of themselves or some relative or friend.

Just weirdly too much specific detail.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

The Iron Rose posted:

the gently caress, dude?

oh, so when the victim presumably has some money you care?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Reign Of Pain posted:

I guess people don't remember Tawana Brawley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

She crawled into a garbage bag with dog poo poo, wrote "kkk" and "friend of the family" on herself and is the reason that everyone knows who Al Sharpton is. I was going to the same high school as she was at the time and her lies turned the whole place into a loving circus.

If there were 2 guys in the Subway talking poo poo that will probably be on video so I imagine we'll get more info pretty soon.

Mmm yes the case from when I was 1 year old. How could I have forgotten.

Glad we cleared up some instances of fakery in the last half century against um 8,400 cases of hate crimes that occured last year. While statistically insiginificant it is important to note that absent any other information the possibility does exist that this is a false flag!

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 29, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The whole thing sounds weird but post-2016 reality has shown me this could be anything from 100% true to perpetrated by lizard people from Venus so I'm just gonna wait and see how it turns out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It turns out he got beat up by antifa and the only two Chicago chuds in MAGA hats came to help, but he got confused and thought they beat him up.

Tune into Fox News this Thursday when Cletus and Wilbur get invited to the White House!!!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m sure the dude Liar, Liar’d himself.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Have you guys heard of comet ping Pong? Oh boy do I have a story to tell you....

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm sure this fairly successful c list celebrity faked a hate crime. I mean what's he got to lose? And subway?!? None of this is adding up for the kind of behavior I expect for this person I know nothing about. In fact I think some trickery is afoot. I feel it in my gut!

It is 2019. Questioning whether or not things happened exactly as the article portrays them is a good thing, even if -especially if- the article follows a narrative that you want to believe. The other articles I've read are less sensationalist, and more believable, than the Raw Story one linked in this thread.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yall weird

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/jussie-smollett-reportedly-hospitalized-in-chicago-foll-1832158963

Sounds like he's gotten death threats prior to this. No evidence if related.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Just because you can play devil’s advocate doesn’t mean you always should.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

colachute posted:

Just because you can play devil’s advocate doesn’t mean you always should.

I agree

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mods changed my name posted:

:discourse:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

Yes. What have you done for me lately?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/us/politics/stacey-abrams-state-of-the-union.html

Kinda surprised by this. Good signs from the dems imo.

quote:

Stacey Abrams, a rising political star from Georgia who narrowly lost a race for governor there last year, will deliver the Democrats’ official response to President Trump’s State of the Union address next week.

Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, said on Tuesday that he invited Ms. Abrams to make the televised response three weeks ago. She publicly agreed to the often-thankless task on Tuesday.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

House Democrats plan to put Republicans on the spot Wednesday with a vote to condemn future government shutdowns, even as the threat of another border wall showdown remains just weeks away.

Democratic leaders will force a vote on a resolution that states that “shutdowns are detrimental to the nation and should not occur,” according to a draft of the bill obtained by POLITICO.

The symbolic vote, led by Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.), does nothing to ward off the next shutdown threat. But it will draw unwanted attention to a House GOP conference that privately loathes the prospect of another shutdown battle when existing budgets run out on Feb. 15

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think it’s fitting that the US is living check to check.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

I think it’s fitting that the US is living check to check.

Finally running the government like my household!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Finally running the government like my household!

If'n y'all's raise my taxes I cain't pay the bill on my silverado

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I feel (so I'm probably wrong) like the people that have talked about how great Chicago is in this thread before might be the same people surprised by this attack. Sounds like the city I always knew.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

FAUXTON posted:

If'n y'all's raise my taxes I cain't pay the bill on my silverado

The military is like a big pickup truck: needlessly expensive, gaudy, and ruins untold numbers of young men's credit scores.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A Bad Poster posted:

The military is like a big pickup truck: needlessly expensive, gaudy, and ruins untold numbers of young men's credit scores.

Runs on oil

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

House Democrats plan to put Republicans on the spot Wednesday with a vote to condemn future government shutdowns, even as the threat of another border wall showdown remains just weeks away.

Democratic leaders will force a vote on a resolution that states that “shutdowns are detrimental to the nation and should not occur,” according to a draft of the bill obtained by POLITICO.

The symbolic vote, led by Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.), does nothing to ward off the next shutdown threat. But it will draw unwanted attention to a House GOP conference that privately loathes the prospect of another shutdown battle when existing budgets run out on Feb. 15

Why don't they put up an actual bill like Warner or Portman in the Senate that would actually prevent a shutdown?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

reminds me, I got the VW running again. I've never felt so secure in my masculinity in my entire life as when inadvertently rolling coal in a 45HP diesel beast which is dwarfed by an Accord

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

reminds me, I got the VW running again. I've never felt so secure in my masculinity in my entire life as when inadvertently rolling coal in a 45HP diesel beast which is dwarfed by an Accord

I used to work at a truck stop where one of the other mechanics drove one of those. It was always broken is some way or another, but it always got him to work, and he never shut the gently caress up about the fuel mileage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

3 of these are diesel, two are gas turbocharged. I'm insane.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

-37 windchill tomorrow 50 on Monday

normal planet

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

-37 windchill tomorrow 50 on Monday

normal planet

Seems like it's a good time for some Global Waming

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It hit 40 degrees here last night and killed my motorcycle battery :(

I'm pretty sure that's the coldest it's been since I've gotten here by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Husbear is in Florida for work this week and is sending me snaps of the beach.