Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

You can dismiss any criticism that includes a description of a thing as "reductionist" because that's the nature of descriptions of things, but that doesn't make the criticism itself invalid.

Diablo 1's gameplay is extremely simple and repetitive. I'm sorry if you loved it, it's OK to love things that aren't very good, I love many bad things.

i love the miam dolphins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one problem right now in my life is that the Office 365 admin portal is down and I need to get into it

I think I'll just go home

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Very true. For example, I still enjoy your posts.

Ehud posted:

i love the miam dolphins

Stockholm Syndrome

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Da Bomb Hail Mary all day every day

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only good video games are those in the 100% historically accurate Assassin's Creed franchise.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

You can dismiss any criticism that includes a description of a thing as "reductionist" because that's the nature of descriptions of things, but that doesn't make the criticism itself invalid.

Diablo 1's gameplay is extremely simple and repetitive. I'm sorry if you loved it, it's OK to love things that aren't very good, I love many bad things.

Leperflesh posts essays filled with the same humanity and personality that can be found in an IKEA furniture assembly booklet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When you really think about it, most computer games are just clicks.

Daytona USA is just turning left.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

waah posted:

If you weren't hating your life and the sun by playing EvE Online as your MMO of choice during the 2000s, I don't know what's wrong with you.

You were not dumb

The first time I ever fell asleep at my computer desk was playing EvE. I didn't even do anything in that game, but played it 6 months all the same.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

one problem right now in my life is that the Office 365 admin portal is down and I need to get into it

I think I'll just go home

Same. Major O365 outage. Worldwide!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

The only good video games are those in the 100% historically accurate Assassin's Creed franchise.

AC2 was great because the "final boss" was you getting into a fist fight with Alexander VI, aka the horniest Pope.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I played like halfway through rear end Creed 1 a couple years ago. I'm pretty much done with that game but never moved on to the next because I didn't want to be spoilered on story. Now I don't care. Someone explain the thing with like how the guy is in today times but they put him in a machine and he goes back into time to change history, is it all fake, is he really changing history, and why him?

I'd rather just get the one set in egypt or maybe the pirate one and skip the ones in the middle so if there's some essential story I miss that way maybe there's a good summary of it somewhere too.

Ignoring story which one is the best in terms of gameplay, like, interesting puzzles, good controls, good story?

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Origins and Odyssey are both very good. The story of origins is probably better told but Odd. lets you be a smart rear end ripped female spartan warrior. 4 (Black Flag) is the pirate one but has the older set of controls and a lot of the missions are "follow this guy and dont get seen". Its good, but O/Odd gameplay is leagues better

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The overarching plot almost completely disappears after the like, 3rd game.

It's all a simulation, not time travel, the only plot you need is spoilers:

So there's all sorts of plot and drama with Desmond (the shmuck who gets put in the simulation back in the 1st game) and all the assassin characters strapping you into the machine and then at the end of the ... 2nd or 3rd game set in rear end Creed 2, the main female character gets murdered, Desmond gets captured by Templar and turned into a brain in the jar and the later games basically just have you being a random dude who works for the video game company the Templars run making rear end Creed games or some random gamer who the assassins hack into their console to make them... play the game. Also it's reduced down to just a few cutscenes worth of nonsense set in modern times before you get to the murdering..

In short, just play the games that look interesting, Ubisoft flushed the overarching story in favor of creating murder carnivals.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 29, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Ignoring story which one is the best in terms of gameplay, like, interesting puzzles, good controls, good story?

Black Flag is a blast. You get to sail a pirate ship around while your sailors sing period accurate chanteys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtH_rHu9XA

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

Like the Niners!

:hawksin:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Power of Pecota posted:

Was anyone else hardcore into raiding in WoW back in the day? I was the warlock class lead for the third-best alliance raiding guild on the Malygos server back in the day and I'm insanely glad the first expansion effectively ruined the game for me by negating all my endgame poo poo. I appreciate that clean break.
I'd never played an MMO before but fell rear end-backwards into a top Horde raiding guild and ended up doing a ton of raiding. I was burned out by the time the first expansion hit, picked it up a few months later, and played for maybe half a year or so before retiring permanently. Lot of good times!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

I played like halfway through rear end Creed 1 a couple years ago. I'm pretty much done with that game but never moved on to the next because I didn't want to be spoilered on story. Now I don't care. Someone explain the thing with like how the guy is in today times but they put him in a machine and he goes back into time to change history, is it all fake, is he really changing history, and why him?

I'd rather just get the one set in egypt or maybe the pirate one and skip the ones in the middle so if there's some essential story I miss that way maybe there's a good summary of it somewhere too.

I'm a little sad that you didn't say there was a Pope hornier than Alex VI.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

The overarching plot almost completely disappears after the like, 3rd game.

It's all a simulation, not time travel, the only plot you need is spoilers:

So there's all sorts of plot and drama with Desmond (the shmuck who gets put in the simulation back in the 1st game) and all the assassin characters strapping you into the machine and then at the end of the ... 2nd or 3rd game set in rear end Creed 2, the main female character gets murdered, Desmond gets captured by Templar and turned into a brain in the jar and the later games basically just have you being a random dude who works for the video game company the Templars run making rear end Creed games or some random gamer who the assassins hack into their console to make them... play the game. Also it's reduced down to just a few cutscenes worth of nonsense set in modern times before you get to the murdering..

In short, just play the games that look interesting, Ubisoft flushed the overarching story in favor of creating murder carnivals.

Thank you very much, now I know I've missed nothing and can just pick a game according to how I feel (egyptish, piratey, or ripped spartan lady-ey).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1090381515819765763

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

How did it take this long for people to realize that none of the players in the hundreds of
photos and dozens of videos were the actual starters?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How did it take this long for people to realize that none of the players in the hundreds of
photos and dozens of videos were the actual starters?

The tweet that quotes the root tweet isn't clear, it was the black players that didn't go. Nearly all of the white players went

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

The tweet that quotes the root tweet isn't clear, it was the black players that didn't go. Nearly all of the white players went

How many white starters aside from the QB were there?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

quote:

The Root spoke with three black Clemson players who each separately confirmed that many players, both black and white, had no interest in making the trip. All three acknowledged that Donald Trump was the reason they chose not to attend. Even more telling, most of Clemson’s white players were in attendance while nearly three-fourths of the school’s black football players took a hard pass on the chance to eat cold fries with the president of people who eat salads from McDonald’s.

Another defensive standout noted that coaches didn’t pressure players to accompany the team to Washington, D.C., but said that almost every black player he knew didn’t want to take the trip. However, he noted that he knew that some players only attended because they worried that refusing to attend the traditional White House visit might affect their scholarships or playing time.

“Not saying anything against the players who went,” the junior explained, “but if you look at who went—freshman and people fighting for playing time—you’ll see what I’m talking about.”

In total, 15 of the University’s black players listed on the school’s official roster attended the White House visit, the vast majority of whom (11) were freshmen or sophomores who had very little playing time during the season. Just one senior made the trip and only six of the players in attendance were even listed on Clemson’s national championship depth chart.

Doesn't clarify who or how many but does say most

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My Twitter account is suspended for mockingly repeating what a literal neo nazi said when he made death threats. The neo nazi is not suspended. 👍

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Spoeank posted:

My Twitter account is suspended for mockingly repeating what a literal neo nazi said when he made death threats. The neo nazi is not suspended. 👍

The system works!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

I mean this is probably a good thing for your mental health. Man you were so far gone you tried to read a D'Souza book once.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I mean this is probably a good thing for your mental health. Man you were so far gone you tried to read a D'Souza book once.

lol that was lolike... a year ago? when I thought there was more to chuds than just laughing at them.

I cant tell if it's a permaban or not and if it is I'll be annoyed I'll lose some good follow backs, but I'll lose the blocks from Cerno and Jacob Wohl, so it may be worth it

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Why do you even waste time engaging with those people

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hey Ross be honest, are you gonna check out the live action Kim Possible movie coming to Disney Channel in a couple weeks?

I mean I might.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BrownThunder posted:

Why do you even waste time engaging with those people

I have 5-10 minutes here and there throughout the day with nothing to do while I wait for people and chud dunking is fun

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey Ross be honest, are you gonna check out the live action Kim Possible movie coming to Disney Channel in a couple weeks?

I mean I might.

Patton Oswalt is Dementor so I am down.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1090424651707236352?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Kamala Harris sucks and is also a cop

Is it hosed up that I'm finding myself hoping for some complete unknown to pull a TRUMP and bumble their way into the 2020 Dem nomination

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lol backtracking on the backtrack

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1090431378414542849

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The only "Kamala" Harris I am voting for is Kamala the Ugandan Giant. Thank you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Having a weight rack in the garage is awesome. Lifting after the kids are in bed is the right way to finish the day.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

The only "Kamala" Harris I am voting for is Kamala the Ugandan Giant. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1089293626830548992?s=21

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

chud dunking sounds like waffle stomping

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

CannonFodder posted:

The first time I ever fell asleep at my computer desk was playing EvE. I didn't even do anything in that game, but played it 6 months all the same.

It's funny you say that about falling asleep in a chair. My proudest moment in all of the video games involved a dude falling asleep in a chair playing EvE.

I did a thing with drinking and EvE where goons would do shots every time we went a certain distance and it always ended with everyone obnoxiously drunk. On one particular one, a guy got so drunk he passed out in his chair.

He wakes up the next day in excruciating pain in his crotch. So much so that he goes to the doctor, and they diagnose him with testicular cancer. He lost his testicle, but the docs were amazed that he caught it so early that it was never a threat to his overall health. Once the doctors told him he was all clear he sent me a message on the pubbie forums thanking me.

Anyways that's my story on how I helped a guy find out he had cancer via binge drinking in an MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

waah posted:

It's funny you say that about falling asleep in a chair. My proudest moment in all of the video games involved a dude falling asleep in a chair playing EvE.

I did a thing with drinking and EvE where goons would do shots every time we went a certain distance and it always ended with everyone obnoxiously drunk. On one particular one, a guy got so drunk he passed out in his chair.

He wakes up the next day in excruciating pain in his crotch. So much so that he goes to the doctor, and they diagnose him with testicular cancer. He lost his testicle, but the docs were amazed that he caught it so early that it was never a threat to his overall health. Once the doctors told him he was all clear he sent me a message on the pubbie forums thanking me.

Anyways that's my story on how I helped a guy find out he had cancer via binge drinking in an MMO.

I dunno man, by my experience anyone spending that much time playing an MMO is also spending a lot of time becoming quite intimately familiar with his own genitalia.