Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's true, most people don't have time for video games when they're busy spending their trust fund on hookers and cocaine while being babysat at the Ivies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's true, most people don't have time for video games when they're busy spending their trust fund on hookers and cocaine while being babysat at the Ivies.

what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

in ni no kuni 2, the main character is the president of the united states of america. you quickly forget this as you play the game.

Oh it's a Metal Wolf Chaos spin-off?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Y'know, successful people.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

read the post

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seems like you'd have plenty of time for anime in between hookers and cocaine.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Those people play the most video games of anyone I’ve ever met

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The line betwixt anime and video games is blurred more and more everyday.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

game on brother's

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I did it was very strange and random

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sid Vicious posted:

game on brother's

on brother's what

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
what is a brother

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

jokes posted:

The line betwixt anime and video games is blurred more and more everyday.

Good. I hope the line between anime and real life becomes blurred next.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anime a day keeps people away.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
anime. not even once

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

jimmyjams posted:

anime. not even once

Howbout just once?

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/fJXUXe7.gif

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Snow Cone Capone posted:

the only good Final Fantasy:

like this post if you saw it in theaters

A reminder that this movie almost bankrupted Square.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

food court bailiff posted:

the 3d in the 3ds was rad af and the 3d in the new 3ds is even better, and i genuinely wish more games utilized them

Seriously, i don't get people who turn it off. It doesn't give me headaches and it's a loving amazing technology that looks like actual magic. I will never understand why the 2DS exists

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

Seriously, i don't get people who turn it off. It doesn't give me headaches and it's a loving amazing technology that looks like actual magic. I will never understand why the 2DS exists

It drains battery life in exchange for a side grade visual feature that in the majority of games that have it is tacked on at best and at launch worked very little and in the revised units works a little.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That and the 2DS exists specifically to be the cheapest model ideal for young children on a budget, who really shouldn't be using the 3D anyway since at young ages it can cause eye damage. the 2DS XL banks on a large amount of people who stopped using the 3D a few weeks into owning a 3DS.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The 3d effect with the 3ds was effectively worthless. I also don't have many fond memories of the games on it. The biggest highlight from the entire library was a 15 year old n64 game(Ocarina).

The 2ds was a beautiful handheld but again my most prevalent memory is playing Mario 64 ds.

The switch is cool but it gets most use as a YouTube machine for me, all the games specifically for it just havnt grabbed me and my most played games are rocket league and Diablo

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I got a 2DS XL because the value of using 3D in the few games that use it well is not worth 50 bucks to me

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Anyone who has sustained an interest in Mario kart for more than 20 minutes, never mind 18 games is a oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

Anyone who has sustained an interest in Mario kart for more than 20 minutes, never mind 18 games is a oval office

I don't think I've played a Mario Kart except once in the 90s but... what, why? It struck me as a decent racing game. Is Mario a nazi?

e: I did play a lot of Wacky Wheels and Skunny Skart with my sister back in the day. Maybe I'm a small penis.

ee: Oh I did try the Wii Mario Kart at a bar tournament once but I lost immediately :(

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 30, 2019

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

This thread has run its course and should have been closed a week ago.

put this opinion in a video game and it would fit the thread

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CrRoMa posted:

It's kind of amazing how much of an angry bitter blowhard you are.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CrRoMa posted:

What's it like to be lovely at Mario Kart? Did you get hit by a reverse-shot green shell as a child?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Video Game Defender would be an OK user name.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Video Game Defender would be an OK user name.

What about Gamer Gatekeeper?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Twelve Batmans posted:

What about Gamer Gatekeeper?

Oh no. No. That's much better.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

bradzilla posted:

It's kind of amazing how much of an angry bitter blowhard you are.

Yeah mate its not fun for me either

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tossing a green shell behind you and hitting someone that was lining up to try and hit you is the height of all vidya games

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

CrRoMa posted:

lmao this is a game i play with my niece and its a lot of fun

you must be a real weird little bitch

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Caesar Saladin posted:

Not weird, just very unhappy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

You should play a video game and relax

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

I tried to play MK8 with my little sister (who is into korean boy bands, and not very good at games- though she liked Undertale I guess) but she just couldn't seem to wrap her head around the controls. I wish I had the Switch version since that has features that keep you from flying off the stage and make skidding a little easier. I used to turn my nose up to stuff like that but if it could ease her into the game so she's having a better time I guess I'm all for it.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

The Dennis System posted:

FFX-2 is fun and I like the sexy lady protagonists.

You absolutely disgusting deviant.

All final fantasies with that weird hybrid turn based/active combat system suck.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sardonik posted:

All final fantasies with that weird hybrid turn based/active combat system suck.

:wrong:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I can take or leave final fantasy, cool games with a weird fanbase but they all have perfectly fine combat systems except 15 which is just horrible, not functional and ruins what could have been a 10/10 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

signalnoise posted:

the jaguar wasn't a controller, dumbass

Yeah, I’m talking about the controller for the jaguar. Sorry I guess I didn’t realize what a stumper that was.