Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Caidin posted:

He could write it out on something, it could happen.

I'm looking at Frozen or Monsters Inc up next and I am torn.

There is a clear right answer here and it rhymes with "Hike Bakowski" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

There is a clear right answer here and it rhymes with "Hike Bakowski" :colbert:

No I'm positive I'll like Monsters Inc more, but I'm trying to decide if I want to get frozen out of the way first so I can get on the monsters, pirates, Big hero 6...

This Gummi ship stuff is actually pretty good once you open up the editor and stick as many guns and engines on the bastard as possible but that was the case everytime it's come up.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It is EXTREMELY hosed up for Goofy to tell me about the hurt I carry inside.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VanillaGorilla posted:

It is EXTREMELY hosed up for Goofy to tell me about the hurt I carry inside.

Bitch your best friend keeps a dog as a house pet, you don't need to be telling me about my trauma.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is there a colosseum in this game the way there was in the previous two and BBS?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
man this game's making my pro huff and puff like the big bad wolf

i don't think even rdr2 got my fans running quite like this

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Is there any other secret minigame things in the other world like the little forge area in Olyumpus? Toy Box is huge and i'm afraid i'm gonna miss it and i don't think Twilight Town had anything like it.

Every game has multiple though some don't show up until later. There are several worlds for example with hidden 'food' Heartless who have special minigames you can do to unlock extra stuff for Little Chef and also unique skills or items.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm deeply shook by the implications of Toy Box, and Final Fantasy and Mickey Mouse merchandise existing there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gruckles posted:

I'm deeply shook by the implications of Toy Box, and Final Fantasy and Mickey Mouse merchandise existing there.

Well Micky having merch makes sense. I mean Scrooge McDuck has an entire line of Mickey Mouse themed movies and apps.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
From what I've seen so far, Ever After and Wheel of Fate, obviously outside of Ultima Weapon which doesn't count, are the best keyblades. Crystal Snow and Happy Gear also seem good in my opinion. Counter Shield is wayyy more disappointing than I was hoping it would be. Kingdom Key for 2nd Form is probably really good, but I don't want to rely on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

From what I've seen so far, Ever After and Wheel of Fate, obviously outside of Ultima Weapon which doesn't count, are the best keyblades. Crystal Snow and Happy Gear also seem good in my opinion. Counter Shield is wayyy more disappointing than I was hoping it would be. Kingdom Key for 2nd Form is probably really good, but I don't want to rely on it.

You get an upgraded Kingdom Key that is as near as I can tell better in every single way near the end anyway.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I still prefer the KH2 method but the open world Gummi Sections aren't quite as annoying to navigate as I was expecting. Also it's been mentioned before but Riku freaking out for a second when Mickey said that Aqua was like Sora was hilarious to me (the writing in general seems a lot better in this game compared to previous titles).

I assume Scrooge is not voiced by David Tennant in this game right? Similarly, the triplets are still being played by Russi Taylor as opposed to their actors from the current Ducktales show.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Jesus Christ the rest of the game doesn’t have as many cutscenes as olympus, does it? That poo poo was 20/80 fights/cutscenes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larryb posted:

I assume Scrooge is not voiced by David Tennant in this game right? Similarly, the triplets are still being played by Russi Taylor as opposed to their actors from the current Ducktales show.

IMDB says Enn Reitel who’s done a lot of other VG work including Alfred in the Telltale Batman games. He is authentically Scottish at least

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Toy Box looks amazing. :eyepop:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Lea I’m gunna need you to stop staring at this teen girl weirdly after you give her ice cream.

This is a Disney joint and it is NOT OKAY

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I heard people complaining about the gummi ship in this game but I really like it so far? If you don’t want to bother with it it’s more ignorable than ever but flying around, finding treasure, and getting into battles has been a lot of fun.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

I heard people complaining about the gummi ship in this game but I really like it so far? If you don’t want to bother with it it’s more ignorable than ever but flying around, finding treasure, and getting into battles has been a lot of fun.

Yeah I'm digging it.

I want a Star Fox like this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VanillaGorilla posted:

Lea I’m gunna need you to stop staring at this teen girl weirdly after you give her ice cream.

Lea is like 20. (Well older, but his Nobody did not age.)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

He seemed older than Roxas in Birth by Sleep, so he'd be at least 26 or so when he got his heart removed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Andy's street on top of the "ya got a friend in me" music on top of Woody and Buzz being right there next to me looking drat near out of the movie itself is pretty loving amazing. I'm dying to play the Tangled world though, work is getting in the way of me playing this game in a major way :qq: Also the plant has been unleashed into Smash so I got distracted with that for like an hour.

MonsterEnvy posted:

TheLoneStar posted:

He seemed older than Roxas in Birth by Sleep, so he'd be at least 26 or so when he got his heart removed.

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/1086378659965919232

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

holy poo poo verum rex

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheLoneStar posted:

He looked about the same age as Ventus in BBS. And I don't think the Org was founded exactly 10 years later was it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

He looked about the same age as Ventus in BBS. And I don't think the Org was founded exactly 10 years later was it.
Well okay so at least 16, and I assumed that in Kingdom Hearts I, the Organization was fairly new. And maybe not exactly ten years, but enough time for Ienzo to grow into a late teenager(?) as he is in Chain of Memories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Are there any items that are limited in supply, or can everything be synthesized from respawning resources?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Argue posted:

Are there any items that are limited in supply, or can everything be synthesized from respawning resources?

I think the only thing limited is Orichalcum + but that's just used for one thing AFAIK.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The characters will pose for the camera which is so loving good. And ALL the characters will, not just Goofy and Donald. Both Buzz and Woody have special dialogue and poses for the camera. Buzz especially is like "make sure you get my good side" and opens his wings and does a heroic pose

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

That’s gunna be a “yikes” from me.

Half expect Yen Sid is lurking behind those bushes.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Macaluso posted:

The characters will pose for the camera which is so loving good. And ALL the characters will, not just Goofy and Donald. Both Buzz and Woody have special dialogue and poses for the camera. Buzz especially is like "make sure you get my good side" and opens his wings and does a heroic pose

How do the Tangled and Frozen and Hercules cast know how to behave in front of a camera

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not unspoken when you put them on social media Kairi, you thirsty sausage.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Who even took this pic they show Axel's angle in that scene.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/natemorebikes/status/1090125458631405568

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh right, Let It Go was like the most popular disney song of the new millennium. Forget about that sometimes.

Larxene is kinda stretching the utility of lightning powers.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 30, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://twitter.com/RyanAmercy/status/1090457276400500736

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I want to know why Axel thinks it's ok to wander around with unwrapped ice cream in his pockets

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shoehead posted:

I want to know why Axel thinks it's ok to wander around with unwrapped ice cream in his pockets

maybe he has ice cream wrappings in his pockets

did you ever think about that

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The salt kills all the icky stuff, you can keep it anywhere and it's good to eat.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Continued trip report from a non KH player:

Ok I think I finally understand the plot. I lost my power (what power?) and I need to get it back, for reasons. There are some broken hearts and I need to find them, for reasons.

I really don't get why people say this story is convoluted, seems pretty straightforward to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Popete posted:

Continued trip report from a non KH player:

Ok I think I finally understand the plot. I lost my power (what power?) and I need to get it back, for reasons. There are some broken hearts and I need to find them, for reasons.

I really don't get why people say this story is convoluted, seems pretty straightforward to me.

Oh you poor sweet summer child.