Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
For fucks sake Sora a living snowman wouldn't even make the top 50 most interesting things you've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
We are living in a post Kingdom Hearts 3 release world.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
"This looks like a good spot to find some ingredients," said Donald Duck's voice actor with his dying breath.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The ending of Monstropolis made me very happy for reasons I hope are very obvious.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"Sora, you need to get more powerful again. Go to Olympus and see what happens."

[time passes]

"Master Yen Sid, I'm back and it turns out I'm way better at magic than I ever was before and sometimes I can instinct-cast spells at a higher level than I even know, I have all new Limits with Donald and Goofy, some new form-shifting ability that seems to be tied to my specific Keyblade, I have a time-slowing effect where I can do like two dozen attacks in a second, oh and also I pulled no less than four Electric Street Light Parade versions of theme park rides out of nowhere and they destroy everything they see while costing me exactly no resources. Good call on sending me to Olympus!"

"...that was not actually the powers I wanted you to get, go get different ones."

Maybe it's because you cap off the prologue by summoning an LED-bedecked flying railroad roller coaster to fight a Titan by shooting it with fireworks, but my mind went immediately to the God of War games and how before the latest one they'd all throw down the gauntlet by going as over-the-top with spectacle as possible in the very first level. I am very amused that God of War got all retrospective and Kingdom Hearts, of all franchises, seems to have picked up its fallen HEY YOU GUYS WANNA SEE HOW BIG WE CAN MAKE THE ENEMIES AND HOW MANY DIFFERENT INSANE WAYS WE CAN TOP OURSELVES WITH YOUR SUPERPOWERS baton.

Also I already love this game on very short notice and it's going to be very hard to go back to any other game's lesser combat system.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Caidin posted:

For fucks sake Sora a living snowman wouldn't even make the top 50 most interesting things you've seen.
He was also really impressed by Elsa's ice magic despite having been able to use Blizzard for over a year.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Larryb posted:

Also it's been mentioned before but Riku freaking out for a second when Mickey said that Aqua was like Sora was hilarious to me (the writing in general seems a lot better in this game compared to previous titles).
Why did he react like that? Just because he was having a momentary "oh my god not another person that Sora is carrying around inside himself" or is something going over my head there?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just got to Twilight Town, game has been pretty great so far

Although I really hope we don't have to fight those Demon Towers too often, they were really annoying in 0.2 and they were still pretty annoying here as well

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Why did he react like that? Just because he was having a momentary "oh my god not another person that Sora is carrying around inside himself" or is something going over my head there?

It's because Sora is a giant dorky dumbass and Riku was like "oh god there are two of them."

(Sorry Riku, there are actually like seven.)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh good even Sora is getting sick of the ice level.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Just got to Twilight Town, game has been pretty great so far

Although I really hope we don't have to fight those Demon Towers too often, they were really annoying in 0.2 and they were still pretty annoying here as well

It wouldn't be as bad if that was a good fight, but it's just not.
The only way it makes sense for it to be so prevalent is if it were designed by Nomura's kid.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Buzz is written so comically off character, either there’s a twist or they just wrote this terribly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Thumbtacks posted:

Buzz is written so comically off character, either there’s a twist or they just wrote this terribly.

you know how in ducktales 1, the original script as written by capcom's dev team was sketch af because nobody had any idea what ducktales was aside from the images of the licensed characters? well...

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
lmao I just started it and already "Kingdom Hearts II.9" tells me this will be the greatest game known to man

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Buzz is deeply racist about anime and posts about anime-on-anime crime on the Kingdom Hearts Twitter.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wall Street Ninja

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm particular to Blood Fight

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Wait, is that Uncle Scrooge's real voice? It doesn't sound like it? Can we get David Tennant to voice him now?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shoehead posted:

Wall Street Ninja

Space Cats GOTY

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Thumbtacks posted:

He's worried about Andy!!!

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
What's the point of having the maps be in-game items if they're just going to hand them to you at the beginning of every area?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a way of seeing the whole map in one go or is it just the minimap?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Gologle posted:

We are living in a post Kingdom Hearts 3 release world.

How many more games are even left that have been in development for 10+ years? Maybe just the FF7 remake? Does Shenmue 3 count to that as well?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The Shame Boy posted:

How many more games are even left that have been in development for 10+ years? Maybe just the FF7 remake? Does Shenmue 3 count to that as well?

FF7 remake hasn't been in development for 10 years... KH3 wasn't in development for 10 years!

Okay, let's clarify something. "I really want this game to exist because it inevitably is going to" does not equal "It's in development" It was announced in June/July 2013, it ended dev at the start of 2019, it had a 5-6 year Dev Cycle

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Onmi posted:

FF7 remake hasn't been in development for 10 years... KH3 wasn't in development for 10 years!

Okay, let's clarify something. "I really want this game to exist because it inevitably is going to" does not equal "It's in development" It was announced in June/July 2013, it ended dev at the start of 2019, it had a 5-6 year Dev Cycle

Why do you think that development work only begins after the game is announced?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tolth posted:

Why do you think that development work only begins after the game is announced?

Because until someone in an interview inevitably says the answer, speculating that it began development before the announcement is the equivalent of mental masturbation. Also, because it's Square. They don't announce games to get people hyped for their release they basically announce them as they start developing them. That's half the loving problem they have.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Since Amazon has delayed my shipping until Monday now, a question for people who bought a physical copy of the game: do stores with physical copies generally have different stickers on the box or keyboard order bonuses inside the case or whatnot, or do all the physical copies look the same?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm kind of shocked anyone is liking the Gummi stuff in KH3. It feels so sluggish to me.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Raxivace posted:

I'm kind of shocked anyone is liking the Gummi stuff in KH3. It feels so sluggish to me.

Get a fast ship.

Speaking of gummiships, it feels like I was able to put way more weapons on them in the older games. Is your part allowance tied to your level?

Djimma
Aug 4, 2017
So I've taken my time and gone through a few worlds. I just finished Arendelle and Monstropolis and the Caribbean and Sanfransokyo have opened open up. How close am I to the ending?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Raxivace posted:

I really like all the gummi stuff. I got both teeny ships unlocked and I haven't been to the 3rd world yet. The missions lost some of the good kh2 soundtrack but they are shorter.

SpazmasterX posted:

Speaking of gummiships, it feels like I was able to put way more weapons on them in the older games. Is your part allowance tied to your level?

Yes, it is just tied to your gummi ship level. Around 24 you have around 700 points to play with.

I've also been just playing around with the regular combat. I love how it basically doesn't matter your starting choices because you can equip items to give you grand magic finishers and I take it other great things. Upgrading the keyblade's seems like a really great idea to keep the old ones more useful even though kh2fm already did that with its keyblades.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Imagine how much power Xehanort could have had over the X-Men if he were to survive long enough for them to be in KH.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the opening half hour or so of the first level is hilarious because they've smashed all the foreshadowing meant for the Traverse/Twilight Town level into a Disney stage, so you get this clown car of villains teleporting in front of Sora only to sneer menacingly at him and stalk off-camera for a bit

do you motherfuckers have a queue forming, or what

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo, Toy Box is the greatest world, I don't even care that I haven't gone to the other ones besides Corona. Also, I got the biggest poo poo-eating grin when the prompt for DONALD METEOR popped up. Everything about this game owns owns owns.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Does your ability to get situation commands depend on your stats or the keyblade you’re using or something? I would spam magic on enemies with Kingdom Key or Shooting Star and it would get me the -ra level spells like it’s supposed to , but doing the same with the Olympus keyblade and I just get Counter Shield over and over again.

Do you ever get a keyblade form that gives you crazy variations of spells like Wisdom, Master, and Final Form did in KH2? I was a bit disappointed that the magic guns you get from Shooting Star just made every spell a homing dart

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 30, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You need to use magic building up your combo meter and you have a chance to get grand magic and forms when you fill it up. You need to equip items that unlock the -za spells to change like watera to waterza. I think the more you use the spell when building the meter raises your chances of also getting the grand magic finishers.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 30, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

You need to use magic building up your combo meter and you have a chance to get grand magic and forms when you fill it up. You need to equip items that unlock the -za spells to change like watera to waterza. I think the more you use the spell when building the meter raises your chances of also getting the grand magic finishers.

I know that what I’m saying is that when I’m using the Olympus keyblade building up to those spells feels like more of a crapshoot then when I’m using Shooting Star or Kingdom key

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

I know that what I’m saying is that when I’m using the Olympus keyblade building up to those spells feels like more of a crapshoot then when I’m using Shooting Star or Kingdom key

Makes sense, it's a power Keyblade it only has like 2 magic.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Does it feel like the game just piles on finishers for you to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Does it feel like the game just piles on finishers for you to use?

i'm already intentionally ignoring the attractions, they really shouldn't be popping up every single battle