Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's literal motto is "I don't care if I win, as long as you lose."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Pat's literal motto is "I don't care if I win, as long as you lose."

That's why he was so hype over Poor Man's Rose, it's the ultimate "you didn't win".

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Liam is playing KH3, for those that wanna experience that game thru the pure eyes of a sweet boy.

Also Woolie completely threw away his past and is gonna play BLAZBLUE on stream anytime now. His pizza was late tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If the clip about the Broly movie from the podcast Woolie posted on his channel is indicative I basically never want to hear them talk about anime ever again

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

If the clip about the Broly movie from the podcast Woolie posted on his channel is indicative I basically never want to hear them talk about anime ever again

woolie and pat talking about dragon ball is goku crying and i feel like fuckin' og broly now

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna be skipping the podcast this week.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
All I heard was the first hour or so when they talked about fighting game culture and the meta of dangerous playground activities, and at least that was fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie liked the Broly movie, Pat was being a poo poo because he loves being ignorant.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

You're not wrong and they're even worse about it now that they're doing longer podcasts but I feel like they've been like this for a while.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Woolie liked the Broly movie, Pat was being a poo poo because he loves being ignorant.

Woolie also doesn't have anything insightful or interesting to say about it other than "Budget!" and manages to get basic plot details of the movie he literally just saw wrong while Pat spews the same played-out jokes they do any time they talk about Dragonball and refuses to engage with anything Woolie says

It's two people having two different conversations and neither of them are good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Butcher those who insult broly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna be skipping the podcast this week.

It's fine

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Podcast good

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the broly part was fine and i have no idea how they could get anything in the movie wrong because woolie literally never talked about the plot.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Did the guy have a big number but in the end someone else gets a bigger number and wins?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie was fine but Pat's bit about "but the number tho" wore thin very fast. Also they got the numbers wrong anyway.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
for a thread for fans of the (former) best friends a lot of people in this thread seem to not like their stuff very much

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

for a thread for fans of the (former) best friends a lot of people in this thread seem to not like their stuff very much

It's a tenet of the SBFP community to talk poo poo about the SBF.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Dias posted:

It's a tenet of the internet's unwashed community to talk poo poo about the other people on the internet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie's been putting out a lot of good content on his channel and streams, on a bright note. The Super Turbo stream was fun because they had a legit top player around explaining poo poo and making Woolie and Reggie look bad.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

woolie basically jumped up to the occasion and made the even bester friends channel and it's been great

both the seventh stand user and katamari have somebody pointing out cool poo poo about the game, or cool poo poo to do, and zoe2 is this weird meta training minh to be a let's player thing, while having someone go through his streams and pick out choice bits so you can see the cool hour and a half of a giant 8 hour stream.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

Woolie also doesn't have anything insightful or interesting to say about it other than "Budget!" and manages to get basic plot details of the movie he literally just saw wrong while Pat spews the same played-out jokes they do any time they talk about Dragonball and refuses to engage with anything Woolie says

It's two people having two different conversations and neither of them are good
You can tell this is a dead gay comedy forum when this guy's jokes aren't funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie backing the gently caress down from Pixies because it wasn't a Punchghost after answering he's "not quick to throw in the towel" is hilarious.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

more importantly what did liam think of broly

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

its literally the ONLY good video games podcast.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Your Parents posted:

yeah I tried Giant Bomb but they are too smart and reasonable and it was boring

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah I tried Giant Bomb but they are too smart and reasonable

The standards set by the SBF are high indeed.

(The Beastcast is usually better and it has Dan Ryckert as a Pat-like force)

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I don't like giant bomb because they do nothing but praise triple a releases and seem unable to talk about mechanics (outside of Dan and Jeff Gerstmann who never interact). It's inherently unpleasant to me that they have a subscription model but also are run by CBS and do payola style stuff as long as it's not Bethesda the one company they're now allowed to say makes lovely games (but Brad still loves them all and just repeats marketing text)

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Maybe the game companies just pay Brad directly or maybe he's just actually that stupid and bad at games.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
brad shoemaker is a human yawn

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Your Parents posted:

I love Funhaus's channel and would recommend their podcast, Dude Soup. They all like doing improv so, for example, their ep where they discussed Bowsette was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. They're all in their 30s like best friends so they're measured and not loud idiots but they're not late 30s like giant bomb where they're just boring and aloof about everything

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Have any of them really picked up the "Let's Play Bad Games" torch? I haven't noticed it yet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Have any of them really picked up the "Let's Play Bad Games" torch? I haven't noticed it yet.

Matt does occasionally, he just put out a video of some awful Nina Williams Beat 'Em Up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do folks have links to the cringe videos they mentioned in the podcast?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Matt does occasionally, he just put out a video of some awful Nina Williams Beat 'Em Up.

Matt is playing bad games, Woolie is playing bad fighting games (and good ones) (basically he got custody of both FNF and SMS).

edit:

https://twitter.com/MelloMakes/status/1091151442260516864

watch woolie damacy

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 1, 2019

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I listened to GiantBombCast for a while because of Pat suggesting it forever ago. There were a few enjoyable things but I found myself wanting to skip a lot of it. Most enjoyable parts to me were crazy stories from Dan. The only ones I can immediately think of are.... one where he ate a bunch of the powder from easy mac for some reason and threw up weird colors later that night.... And then some other story about him going to his dad's for Christmas... getting mega drunk... and apparently pissing all over the present he got for his dad in the middle of the night.

My other main memory was any time anyone tried to recommend a Nintendo game for one of the "Best of ____" things at the end of the year, Brad Shoemaker just kind of always responded with something like: "Yeah maybe but... just... it's Nintendo. I don't know.. I just... I don't think that game should win anything. I think we could do better than Nintendo," or whatever. He just seemed to really really really dislike giving any kind of win to Nintendo games and could never seem to give any answer other than just very awkwardly saying he didn't want it to win.

I"m a bit behind on youtube subs and am still catching up on ZoE2. It seems weird that I feel like Woolie has praised the game a ton, yet he constantly doesn't seem that good at it and doesn't seem to remember a lot from it either. I guess he praises the game a ton but never played it more than once? Also there seem to be more and more times of absolute silence in it. And then I see some comment about how "I love that they are so amazed by how amazing the game is that they are speechless at times."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dan hasn't been on the bombcast in close to 5 years now. Listen to the Beastcast, or some other podcasts like Crates or easy allies.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The only Bombcast content I've enjoyed is the McElroys guest appearance where they all discover the Sherlock Holmes games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The bombcast has been better but it's still good

The beastcast has basically always been great

Waypoint radio is mostly pretty good especially anytime rob and Austin really get into the weeds on stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

nerdman42 posted:

The only Bombcast content I've enjoyed is the McElroys guest appearance where they all discover the Sherlock Holmes games.

Hold up, what?