Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
There's all kinds of scary monsters that could have claws that big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I don't think your mom is a stand.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

I think Trish's stand will be like Guido from X-Factor. Gets bigger the more it absorbs energy, also it's an Ifrit.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Stand Name: Material Girl
Stand Ability: Alter the chemical composition of any solid matter it touches to cause its target to spontaneously combust. Will work on living matter, but does not work on liquids or gases.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

yeah but that's a david bowie song and dio is like super dead

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Take it to the manga thread folks

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

multijoe posted:

Take it to the manga thread folks

It's anime speculation, why does that belong in the manga thread

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

tweet my meat posted:

It's anime speculation, why does that belong in the manga thread

People are doing coy bullshit where they talk about stuff from future parts out of context.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

On one hand it’s references to minor stuff from future parts that anime only people don’t have any chance of understanding.
On the other hand... c’mon, don’t do that poo poo. And don’t call it out in this thread if someone does do it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

On The Hand, we have Okuyasu.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I wish the turtle had a butler stand in him that would be cute

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I wish the turtle had a butler stand in him that would be cute

It would frequently point out that the gang has too much money in an endearing way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the turtle is already cute
https://twitter.com/Herzspalter/status/1091110348319588352

(this account has manga spoilers so dont click)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Coco Jumbo is a good little boy and I am offended by that tweet

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Coco Jumbo is the little kid sidekick of Part 5.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeeeeahhhh, I was gonna wait until we got closer, but next week's episode will contain deceptions of sexual assault more than the usual just saying that it happened and just in general be pretty gross in a way that this series usually isn't so be safe if that's something you want to avoid
Dont know how they'll adapt this episode so just bumping this again before the episode.

be cool folks, i hope the ep is good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Coco Jumbo is a good little boy and I am offended by that tweet

Let's see you say that when it's revealed Coco Jumbo is actually the boss!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Woo! Jojo Friday!

:catstare: the first five minutes, woof.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeeeeahhhh, I was gonna wait until we got closer, but next week's episode will contain deceptions of sexual assault more than the usual just saying that it happened and just in general be pretty gross in a way that this series usually isn't so be safe if that's something you want to avoid

Okay so how did the anime stack up to the manga in this regard? I was prepared for much worse

ALSO HERE'S A MANGA SPOILER FOR YOU--
NO NEW OP NOW OR EVER. IT'S FIGHTING GOLD UNTIL PART FIVE IS DONE gently caress YOU WEEBS

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Ok, so can somebody spoil me on what this episode has?
I don't mind a full summary of whatever "sexual assault" is even if it's the biggest spoiler, because drat Araki can be legit terrifying at times and I don't really need that from JoJos

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vookatos posted:

Ok, so can somebody spoil me on what this episode has?
I don't mind a full summary of whatever "sexual assault" is even if it's the biggest spoiler, because drat Araki can be legit terrifying at times and I don't really need that from JoJos

The villain's stand impregnates a woman to give birth to another part of the stand. Nothing explicit is shown, but the scene gets a bit uncomfortable

Also yesssss I didn't realize this is where we get Giorno's great galaxy brain moment.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
GOD:drat:

Apart from the first 5 minutes being some of the most messed up poo poo (especially for a fresh parent like me), the actual fight had me going "That's some bullshit you pulled off, Giorno."

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The villain's stand impregnates a woman to give birth to another part of the stand. Nothing explicit is shown, but the scene gets a bit uncomfortable

Also yesssss I didn't realize this is where we get Giorno's great galaxy brain moment.
Alright, that doesn't sound too bad. Creepy as gently caress, but still. Of course still glad for the heads up, I can imagine some people being really uncomfortable with it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kikas posted:

the actual fight had me going "That's some bullshit you pulled off, Giorno."

How many powers does Gold Experience have now? Like five?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How many powers does Gold Experience have now? Like five?

I can safely say we are approaching the level of power that Kars had at the end of Part 2. Especially with that last attack.

Which does make sense, since Kars was the maker of one of the masks that turned DIO into a vampire, so if Giorno is his son, it does make sense that his Stand powers go back as far as Masked Kars. Unless I am misremembering something, it's been a while since I've seen Parts 1&2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I actually think Girono's way to heal himself was a clever way of using his stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, while I recognize that JoJo has always been weird and violent and poo poo, we just came off fighting like, two horny serial killers, and there are worse shows with sexual violence, the showing the hands on the glass and Conception Complete is a step up for that series that i just felt people should know.

im glad mista mastered the gum gum pistol tho

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Waffleman_ posted:

The JoJo series itself is an ever-increasing in intensity Galaxy Brain Meme and Giorno is perhaps the human incarnation of the Galaxy Brain meme, so I never understood the complaint that he's not like the other Joestars when his solutions are extremely JoJo.

I'm also really glad we're at a point in time when a character can be compared to a meme and most people will get it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I have to say I'm slightly disappointed with how they depicted Giorno's heist scene, since in the manga there's this short awkward silence as the rest of the gang is trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about before he gets to work.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

BaDandy posted:

The JoJo series itself is an ever-increasing in intensity Galaxy Brain Meme and Giorno is perhaps the human incarnation of the Galaxy Brain meme, so I never understood the complaint that he's not like the other Joestars when his solutions are extremely JoJo.

I'm also really glad we're at a point in time when a character can be compared to a meme and most people will get it.

The difference is most JoJos are working with pretty limited toolsets and have to apply them very creatively to win, Giorno just goes 'I, uh, turned this bit of lint in my pocket into an animal which does something. I win now. Goodbye.'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

tiistai posted:

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed with how they depicted Giorno's heist scene, since in the manga there's this short awkward silence as the rest of the gang is trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about before he gets to work.
yeah stylistically it looked cooler, but this panel is like, some of the funniest poo poo in jojo to me

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BaDandy posted:

Giorno is actually playing an extremely aggravating adventure game and next episode he's gonna turn a lamp into a cat, then take some of its hair to form a mustache to convince everyone that's he's actually Pesci or something

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

multijoe posted:

The difference is most JoJos are working with pretty limited toolsets and have to apply them very creatively to win, Giorno just goes 'I, uh, turned this bit of lint in my pocket into an animal which does something. I win now. Goodbye.'

You say that, but this describes pretty much every fight in part 2, because hamon (and especially Joseph) was complete bullshit.
Remaking body parts and becoming a medic isn't really that strange when your stand already creates life and he got inspired to try this by a stand ripping him apart.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I would also like to point out that this is another instance of the longest running gag in Jojo: "oh no, the thing we were traveling in broke"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zwiebel posted:

You say that, but this describes pretty much every fight in part 2, because hamon (and especially Joseph) was complete bullshit.

Joseph was entertaining enough to make that forgivable though, while Giorno is just kinda there most of the time. He largely gets overshadowed by other characters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Also, Stands were supposed to be a fix for the extreme open-ended nature of Hamon, as I recall.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I will say that this new power of his is much less of an asspull than the last however many he's done. He sees a guy who pulls pieces out of people and thinks "Huh, I wonder if I can do that in reverse."

Gold Experience is honestly probably my least favorite protag stand, but this isn't that bad.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Arist posted:

Joseph was entertaining enough to make that forgivable though, while Giorno is just kinda there most of the time. He largely gets overshadowed by other characters.

Eh. I understand why people like him, but part 2 Joseph is my least favourite Jojo. He's great in part 3 as a supporting cast member, but the complete bullshit of part 2 as well as its comparatively lame antagonists actually made me drop Jojos for a while back when I read it. I still haven't actually watched the part 2 anime, but I assume it's more fun actually seeing him be zany and weird and pulling bullshit off on screen. It's probably fine in motion, with a good voice actor behind the character, so I wouldn't contest any persons appreciation of part 2.

Giorno does get overshadowed by Bruno, but Bruno is one of the best sidekicks in JoJos and my personal favourite. Even Jotaro got overshadowed by Polnareff who hogged a lot of screen time and got some character development during the part, whereas Josuke had to cede a lot of attention to Rohan (who was actually involved with the villain) and Koichi. It's an ensemble and not entirely about the main character, I appreciate this. It beats what happened in part 2 where even cool characters like Lisa Lisa get completely sidelined in favour of the protagonist.

Giorno is fine.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

"Giorno's waving at us, guess we really gotta hurry up with hotwiring this car" is this season's "I thought the rain sounded like Josuke's voice".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Giorno's pretty boring when compared to Josuke and Joseph and at least Jotaro had the whole clint eastwood thing going on.

He's second only to Jonathan in terms of my favorite jojo.