Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kly posted:

thats because there were at least two notices that said "if you bought digital you dont need to do anything!"

You’re not wrong, it was definitely confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JackDarko posted:

My buddy just sent me a video of him trying to put his Switch in his dock, and it won't go in. It's facing the right way and is one of the Smash Bundle Switches. Any idea what could be causing it? There's about an inch of the screen that isn't flush as he tries to place into the dock.

EDIT: I think I figured it out, it appears that his Switch is plugging into the DOCK it's that either his Power Cable isn't plugged in properly or his HDMI. My suspicion is his Power Cable since you can't see the green charging icon.

Feel free to ignore the request for help!

Sounds like a problem I had. Make sure he has the latest system update. Then turn off the Switch completely by holding the power button down for a bit.
That fixed the issue with the dock for me.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My Switch decided today that it no longer wants to connect to the internet. I always get "DNS-resolution failed". Of course, nothing has changed in my network, and every other machine can access the internet fine, domain resolution also works.

I already restarted it...

Sucks, because I want to claim my Smash plant. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this? (it's connected via WiFi)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reset your router?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Sometimes I have to re-enter the wifi settings on my Switch to make it work. My router sometimes changes channels automatically if there's enough interference, and the Switch doesn't seem to figure it out on its own.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
The number one item on my switch refresh wish list is to unfuck wifi

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kly posted:

thats because there were at least two notices that said "if you bought digital you dont need to do anything!"
it was just that you didn't have to register your game or do anything special to receive the code, since it just automatically sent it to your email if you purchased digital

sucks that there's no easy way to re-send the code though

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

hypnophant posted:

The number one item on my switch refresh wish list is to unfuck wifi

Please do not gently caress and Cum in your Nintendo Switch™️

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jackhunter64 posted:

Please do not gently caress and Cum in your Nintendo Switch™️

why

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

you'll catch 1-2-Switch

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wargroove reviews all looking great, gonna preload this poo poo when I'm home

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Leafy boi's moves all seem really strong and he's my new favorite. I unlocked a bunch of challengers I lost to the first time around with hardly any effort.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Leafy boi's moves all seem really strong and he's my new favorite. I unlocked a bunch of challengers I lost to the first time around with hardly any effort.

Side B -> Neutral B is pretty strong keepaway, and I like that you can hold the spike ball pretty much indefinitely. Pirhana Plant owns

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oooh thanks for the Plant Chat, helped me find my code

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Resetting the router did the trick....strange, every other device worked like a charm

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Silver Falcon posted:

This happened to Fantasy Life after just one game. :smith:

That's sort of sad. I missed Fantasy Life however many years ago it was, but looking at it now it seems like it'd be very much my jam

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Fantasy Life is a bad game for OCD types. It's a cool game otherwise. I couldn't finish it. Playing through a game with 12 classes simultaneously is a bit much.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

That's sort of sad. I missed Fantasy Life however many years ago it was, but looking at it now it seems like it'd be very much my jam

Never too late to buy a 3DS and Fantasy Life, friend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't play all star mode with piranha plant, it corrupts your save

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Preloaded Wargroove. Come on Friday

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Resetting the router did the trick....strange, every other device worked like a charm

Thanks! Had the same problem, turning my router off and on again solved the issue for now. (I know it will be back. Nintendo hates Belkin routers.)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Libluini posted:

Thanks! Had the same problem, turning my router off and on again solved the issue for now. (I know it will be back. Nintendo hates Belkin routers.)

Everyone should hate all Belkin products

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

someone needs to make a mod for breath of the wild that replaces link with piranha plant

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

tuo posted:

Libluini posted:

I can not over emphasize how often this happens, with anything wifi. Reboot your routers once in a while people.

Do it today even.

Vvv No Exceptions

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 30, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What if I buy one that just works instead?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Your Computer posted:

sucks that there's no easy way to re-send the code though

yeah and their support line just rings then says its out of service lol

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is there any solution for Joycon stick drift besides running a toothbrush around it and up under the rubber flap? If you tilt the right stick down it registers it as if it stays held down and it seems to be getting worse.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mons Hubris posted:

Is there any solution for Joycon stick drift besides running a toothbrush around it and up under the rubber flap? If you tilt the right stick down it registers it as if it stays held down and it seems to be getting worse.

contact spray cleaner has been mentioned in the thread, though the only permanent solution is cleaning/replacing them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1DejQn0CA

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My Satisfye grip is delayed because of the insane weather, woe is me. Would have been perfect to have as I lay in bed today and tomorrow, letting the -50 degree weather pass by.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

What if I buy one that just works instead?

do you work for an internet service provider

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I never played this game is of any good? THQ seems to love remastering it a lot so there must be demand for it

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mons Hubris posted:

Sometimes recalibration helps, but only if it's minor.

It's at least easy to attempt. Something something menu settings and joycons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I never played this game is of any good? THQ seems to love remastering it a lot so there must be demand for it

It’s a genuinely reskinned Ocarina of Time and it’s awesome and fun.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Definitely get the contact cleaner, turn it all off, click the stick in and give it a quick shot on each side. Wait a few hours then resume Switching.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

rubbing alcohol works I think? Brush it in a bit

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

its structured like the old 3d zelda games but with god of war combat. i recently started playing it on PC and its fun.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

LethalGeek posted:

Definitely get the contact cleaner, turn it all off, click the stick in and give it a quick shot on each side. Wait a few hours then resume Switching.

Do you need to lift up the rubber flap and blast it inside there or just go around the outside?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a genuinely reskinned Ocarina of Time

Wasn't that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

and it’s awesome and fun.

Oh, so just Wind Waker, then? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's a shame Darksiders 2 and 3 were bad games because Darksiders 1 is a very enjoyable game. I have no idea why they abandoned their 3d Mature Zelda formula.