Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yoda and R2D2 hosed Vader?

Close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hothele In The Ground

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Zombieland in theaters 10 years ago and it was a fun enough movie. I have no desire to see another one.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I saw Zombieland in theaters 10 years ago and it was a fun enough movie. I have no desire to see another one.

Yeah, it was like, fine, but I don’t need a sequel. Also I am dreading the egregious stunt cameo that will be featured. No way they don’t go back to that well again.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Zombieland was a very late '00s movie. It was "The cake is a lie" in movie form. The sequel will really have to do something different to be any good, but even if it does, I have a hard time believing it's a movie that needs to be made right now.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sir Lemming posted:

Zombieland was a very late '00s movie. It was "The cake is a lie" in movie form. The sequel will really have to do something different to be any good, but even if it does, I have a hard time believing it's a movie that needs to be made right now.

Like, I get what "the cake is a lie" is a reference to, but I cannot fathom how it relates to this movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Like, I get what "the cake is a lie" is a reference to, but I cannot fathom how it relates to this movie.

:same:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It doesn’t Zombieland wasn’t meme based humor at all.

Really it wasn’t funny at all and didn’t really try.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I love how obvious it is that they wrote the first movie for Michael Cera and he was like "no, gently caress that" so they just had to go out and find some other lanky awkward white kid. Ended up going with the Pepsi girl from 90s' little brother.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Baron von Eevl posted:

I love how obvious it is that they wrote the first movie for Michael Cera and he was like "no, gently caress that" so they just had to go out and find some other lanky awkward white kid. Ended up going with the Pepsi girl from 90s' little brother.

it's really funny to think that Abigail Breslin was the second most famous of that quartet when the first one came out. Emma Stone was the girl from Superbad and Eisenberg was fresh off of Adventureland (which bombed) and a bunch of movies that very few people saw. Meanwhile, Breslin was an Oscar nominee just a few years before.

edit: Abigail Breslin really needs a better agent. she's a great actress who has been in some real nothing movies over the last decade.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 30, 2019

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DC Murderverse posted:

it's really funny to think that Abigail Breslin was the second most famous of that quartet when the first one came out. Emma Stone was the girl from Superbad and Eisenberg was fresh off of Adventureland (which bombed) and a bunch of movies that very few people saw. Meanwhile, Breslin was an Oscar nominee just a few years before.

edit: Abigail Breslin really needs a better agent. she's a great actress who has been in some real nothing movies over the last decade.

Shrug. She was really funny on Scream Queens.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DC Murderverse posted:

Meanwhile, Breslin was an Oscar nominee just a few years before.

That's the first time I've thought of Little Miss Sunshine in a decade, it really doesn't get talked about enough as one of the most embarassing movies of that stretch

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Picture's

hexwren posted:

There's a cinemark near my apartment, which is technically part of some strip mall, in that it shares a parking lot and a roadside sign with a furniture store and a few other businesses. It's the latter part that makes this worth posting about. The illuminated sign includes a panel where they advertise one movie per month or so. Every 3-5 weeks it's a different movie. And what I noticed is, in essentially every case, it's a movie that either bombed or whose box office was so uneventful that apart from that sign, I've never heard of it. I'm phoneposting while on break at work, so I might have gotten some of the titles wrong---and I definitely forgot most of the flicks altogether. It's loving bizarre, but at this point I just accept that I should probably not watch whatever movie is on the sign at the other end of the parking lot from the cinemark lest it be something like

Overboard
A simple favor
The spy who dated me
Hunter killer
The recent power rangers movie
Uncle Drew
How to be a Latin lover

The new Robin Hood movie is in the sign right now. I think we can all predict how that'll go.

The movie theater pillar ad of failure has flipped from Robin Hood to something called Five Feet Apart, which I've never heard of, and it's been up for a bit, so it'll probably flip again soon, now that it's had plenty of time to bomb.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Five Feet Apart is surprisingly not a gay romance story.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Five Feet Apart is surprisingly not a gay romance story.

Well of course, because they’re not gay.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Nihonniboku posted:

It was packed full of wannabe memes/catchphrases like Zombie Kill Of The Week and epic random things like twinkies, Bill Murray, and clowns. Zombie clowns :razz:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

It was packed full of wannabe memes/catchphrases like Zombie Kill Of The Week and epic random things like twinkies, Bill Murray, and clowns. Zombie clowns :razz:

The whole "Rules for surviving a zombie apocalypse" felt like a Cracked List.

The opening credits is pretty sick tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFnThY472c

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Samuringa posted:

Nicolas Cage as the Color

I hope the end credits are set to Blue (Da Ba Dee)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

hexwren posted:

Picture's

Well yeah, it's their movie so it's possessive. Either the studio is called Cosmic Picture, in which case it's unambiguously correct, or they're called Cosmic Pictures in which case I probably would have gone with Pictures' instead but it's kind of a low-grade fuckup.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hexwren posted:

Picture's

The movie theater pillar ad of failure has flipped from Robin Hood to something called Five Feet Apart, which I've never heard of, and it's been up for a bit, so it'll probably flip again soon, now that it's had plenty of time to bomb.

A Simple Favor is real good and I'll go to bat for Uncle Drew, but the rest of those are a bunch of wet farts. Five Feet Apart pisses me off because it's exactly the type of movie that should be coming out on Valentines day but nope, March.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Guy Mann posted:

Yeah this basically, just replace "cake" with "Twinkie" and that's the point I'm trying to make. It's not that I didn't like the movie or those memey jokes, I really did. But I feel like you had to be there, and we're not there anymore.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The fact that the main character being an Epic Gamer was a major plot point, since being a shut-in meant he was never exposed during the outbreak and it taught him the survival skills he needed to make traps, similarly feels like something from a completely different era.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guy Mann posted:

It gets more understandable when you know the script was written as a sitcom pilot. Bill Murray was the Celebrity Who You Think Is Going To Star In This - ironically, he actually will be in Double Tap - Zombie Kill of the Week was intended as a running gag, and Tallahassee's Quest For Twinkies was of course going to play until the final episode.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Guy Mann posted:

The fact that the main character being an Epic Gamer was a major plot point, since being a shut-in meant he was never exposed during the outbreak and it taught him the survival skills he needed to make traps, similarly feels like something from a completely different era.

It's very much like Revenge Of The Nerds saying that nerds are good at sex because it's all they think about, whereas jocks only think about sports.

Which is still less problematic than the movie saying "it's not rape if she likes it" in the same breath.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

John Goodman in an alien invasion movie?! I'm there on day one.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

MrBling posted:

John Goodman in an alien invasion movie?! I'm there on day one.

I think it gets even better

I think he WORKS with the aliens

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Mann posted:

yeah i don't hate Zombieland but it is the most 2009 movie of all time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I didn’t know Bill Murray is random. That seems....random?

Who are the non random actors.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn’t know Bill Murray is random. That seems....random?

Who are the non random actors.

Richard Brake.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Ben Mendelsohn

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Guess the movie before scrolling down to the title.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If anyone says they guessed it, I won't believe them.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
They eyeball cuff link was the giveaway.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I would never have guessed but for a (fan?) poster the detail, composition and imagery is pretty dope.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Origami Dali posted:

They eyeball cuff link was the giveaway.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

spanky the dolphin posted:

I would never have guessed but for a (fan?) poster the detail, composition and imagery is pretty dope.

Mondo puts out a lot of absolute garbage, but they also put out a good amount of well made stuff. Most of them don't work well as posters for the movies they are meant to represent, but the detail, composition, and imagery are often terrific. I don't think this is Mondo, but it's the same sort of stuff that they often put out.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

The guy was a shut-in who'd picked up survival skills simply by adopting rules according to prior knowledge (e.g. "check the back seat" and "beware of toilet stalls") and what he's had to learn to survive (like "always double-tap"), not via videogames.

I don't think he even makes a single trap in the film either.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He isn't even a 360 No Scope guy, one of his rules is avoiding confrontation while also keeping in shape to do that. It's Woody Harrelson who is the gunman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

If anything Zombieland is more a Scream type movie.