Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao so gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

diydude2 • 15 points • submitted 4 hours ago

I bought a bit just sub-3k. Bought a bigger bit at $6k. Bought a much bigger bit at $300. Will buy a much bigger bit than that at some undisclosed level below where we are.
number go down? that doesnt seem very bitcoin.

...! posted:

The next run up will be spectacular. It will be written in history books as the passing of the torch from undeserving inbreds to smart people that ushered in the 1000-year reign of liberty and prosperity.

Seriously, dudes, it's gonna be literally epic. Get in on massively undervalued Bitcoin while you still can. Be sure to thank your favorite bankster 'tard for the discount.
oh, carry on.

nice idea that even if bitcoin goes to the moon there wont be undeserving inbreds for 1000 years. though i suppose it works if even they dont expect any breeding at all.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ghostlight posted:

lmao so gay

:wrong:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

i feel old. :corsair:

zybourneclockcoin?

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
I helped three people get their first btc today (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago by Coretron

I was out after work with coworkers having some beers when I realized I left my wallet at home. "No worries, just cash app me". I said "how about I pay you in bitcoin? We can download an app and have it to you in 5 minutes" My coworkers have always had an interest in bitcoin, but even when I tried to walk them through buying $10 in an exchange they weren't comfortable doing it. "I'll do it later" they say. I noticed this trend in all my friends. Interested, but couldn't pull the trigger on a $10 purchase. I had them download Breadwallet (it's all I know) had them write their passwords on a napkin, take a pic for them to secure, made sure they knew the importance of those words and transferred them $10. Almost instantly they saw it in their wallet and I could tell they were happy to finally be in the community. Something that had seemed so foreign to them, they suddenly had it. I remember the feeling I had when I first got my coin and enjoyed seeing it in them.

I know my story isn't interesting. I just wanted to encourage others to give a small amount of coin to their friends, family and coworkers. For a beer, or for nothing. Give a dollar. Give a hundredth of a cent just because you can. I guarantee they'll be happy to have even a little, and it'll open their minds to it and make them feel more comfortable.

Also, to my fellow humans who are comfortable with the Cash app... You can buy btc on it with zero effort. It's a great way to have an "exchange" that they are already comfortable with. I went on to let them know about the dichotomy of the anonymity yet total transparency of the nature of bitcoin. To withdraw your coin even to a wallet you will be asked for your name, state ID and picture of your face. Total turn off to my friends who thought this was supposed to be dark web poo poo. I went on to explain ways of burner phones and the hundreds of bitcoin ATMs in Koreatown, Los Angeles. But in the end, keep your shady btc from your legit and just put in your drat name and take my $10.

Anyways, carry on and spread the small coins...

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
RookXPY [score hidden] 41 minutes ago

My wife jokes that she hears Andreas' voice more than mine.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

RookXPY [score hidden] 41 minutes ago

My wife jokes that she hears Andreas' voice more than mine.

well thats just because he's developed an andreas text to speach program, step one in the andreas skin suit project

now to capture, kill, and skin andreas

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
now to capture, kill, and skin (Audience laughter)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
jesus, that dude above

“just venmo me”

“no i can give you butts it’s fast, easy, and fun”

“dude just venmo me”

ten minutes later they have butts

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

I was out after work with coworkers having some beers when I realized I left my wallet at home. "No worries, just cash app me". I said "how about I pay you in bitcoin? We can download an app and have it to you in 5 minutes" My coworkers have always had an interest in bitcoin, but even when I tried to walk them through buying $10 in an exchange they weren't comfortable doing it. "I'll do it later" they say. I noticed this trend in all my friends. Interested, but couldn't pull the trigger on a $10 purchase. I had them download Breadwallet (it's all I know) had them write their passwords on a napkin, take a pic for them to secure, made sure they knew the importance of those words and transferred them $10. Almost instantly they saw it in their wallet and I could tell they were happy to finally be done with me.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Chris Knight posted:

zybourneclockcoin?

it's called "transpotimers", op

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

BMan posted:

it's called "transpotimers", op

wow....you're right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzeyRePOI5g

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

meanwhile in asia

Singapore - Insurance agent who posed as 'Lord Voldermort' jailed after demanding Bitcoin from clients

quote:

An insurance agent took revenge on former and potential clients who rejected his business by sending them threatening letters signed off as "Lord Voldermort".

For his actions, Myanmar national and Singapore permanent resident Ye Lin Myint, 36, was sentenced to jail for two years and five months on Tuesday (Jan 29).

The court heard that Ye sent such letters to 33 people in total, demanding they each send him one Bitcoin, which was worth between S$6,500 and S$9,900 at the time.

The Prudential insurance agent, who is no longer with the company, began by mailing letters to the residential addresses of people he viewed as potential or former clients who rejected him.

They were either his current clients who failed to turn up for scheduled appointments with him, clients who cancelled insurance policies they previously bought from him, or potential clients who did not get insurance policies from him.

He began his preparations in July 2017, using his wife's laptop to create an email account with a Switzerland-based email service that did not require any personal information.

Ye also created a Bitcoin wallet to receive the cryptocurrency and linked it to the email account he had created under the name "Lord Voldermort", a misspelling of Lord Voldemort, a character in the Harry Potter book and film series. 

After sending several letters and emails to these clients and potential clients in August 2017, the insurance agent read a news article about unlicensed moneylenders pressuring debtors by harassing their neighbours.

He decided he would extend his harassment to the neighbours of his clients, and sent letters to them as well.

These letters threatened harassment of the neighbours' homes if they did not "urge" his clients to pay Ye what he had asked for.

One such email read: "For the past few months, I have been monitoring you and your wife and I know everything about you and your family. I know where you live, where you work. 

"I can make your life total humiliated and miserable [sic] in your Myanmar community. I can make you become jobless. I can even physically harm you and your wife and your parents if I want to."

The Singapore Police Force, along with Nee Soon Member of Parliament Lee Bee Wah, issued online advisories to warn those who received such letters not to respond to them

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
if you're gonna do crime, the last place you want to do it is singapore. that guy got off lightly compared to a lot of people

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
tlztlz [score hidden] an hour ago

Andreas don't needs nor wants fans. He is a teacher and we are students.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sedge and Bee posted:

Ye also created a Bitcoin wallet to receive the cryptocurrency and linked it to the email account he had created under the name "Lord Voldermort", a misspelling of Lord Voldemort, a character in the Harry Potter book and film series.

appreciate the rigorous fact checking

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

he doesn't need fans he needs sickofan(t)s

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:tipshat:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Tom Marvolo Rriddle

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

Tom Marvolo Rriddle

Tom Marvolo Ripple

Lorp Volpemort

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

channelnewsasia.com delivers

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sedge and Bee posted:

Tom Marvolo Ripple

I am Lorp Volpemort

ACTUALLY magic hitler2's name is an anagram for some stupid reason

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

ACTUALLY magic hitler2's name is an anagram for some stupid reason

who's magic hitler1

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sedge and Bee posted:

who's magic hitler1

johnny depp

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

johnny depp

jk rowling should learn to write more believable characters

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There are certain people that have written more text about Harry Potter than the books themselves and also centered almost entirely on diaper fetishism

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Boxturret posted:

johnny depp

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its not though

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im very serious about harry potter and only post 100% true things

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

EorayMel posted:

There are certain people that have written more text about Harry Potter than the books themselves and also centered almost entirely on diaper fetishism

post or gtfo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i did some quick googling and found this

:nws: obviously

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

quote:

The court heard that Ye sent such letters to 33 people in total, demanding they each send him one Bitcoin, which was worth between S$6,500 and S$9,900 at the time.

Just want to highlight this bit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Boxturret posted:

im very serious about harry potter and only post 100% true things

i do not believe you

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
boxturret the well known boxturretcoin cash enthusiast

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm into Boxturretcoin Cash BV (Boxturret's Vision).

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
jmw74 [score hidden] 3 hours ago

We are so early to the party, even earlier than most of us think.

In 1994, nearly everyone had heard of email, and almost none used it, and few were even curious about it. Anyone who actually had used it, saw its potential, but without a large user base, emails usefulness was somewhat crippled. Trying to convince others to use it was largely a waste of time. It would have been really easy to think "well, this is just going to die off, nobody cares".

But it did catch on, mostly because if you had to get someone a written message fast, email was the cheapest and fastest way, and once someone tried it, the superiority was undeniable.

Bitcoin will do the same. It's not the same as email exactly - email's superiority was immediately obvious to those who tried it whereas bitcoin's security is not immediately obvious. On the other hand, benefiting from email requires that people you know also use it. That is not the case with bitcoin.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Lambert posted:

I'm into Boxturretcoin Cash BV (Boxturret's Vision).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

jmw74 [score hidden] 3 hours ago

We are so early to the party, even earlier than most of us think.

In 1994, nearly everyone had heard of email, and almost none used it, and few were even curious about it. Anyone who actually had used it, saw its potential, but without a large user base, emails usefulness was somewhat crippled. Trying to convince others to use it was largely a waste of time. It would have been really easy to think "well, this is just going to die off, nobody cares".

But it did catch on, mostly because if you had to get someone a written message fast, email was the cheapest and fastest way, and once someone tried it, the superiority was undeniable.

Bitcoin will do the same. It's not the same as email exactly - email's superiority was immediately obvious to those who tried it whereas bitcoin's security is not immediately obvious. On the other hand, benefiting from email requires that people you know also use it. That is not the case with bitcoin.
ok, but that was 1994. in 1996 hotmail launched and america online stopped charging an hourly fee for the internet and now everyone had a personl email address; which, despite the assertion above was not used for getting someone a written message fast because email is not time sensitive and even now there can be delays of up to several hours between some servers. it was used because it was convenient in comparison to posting a letter. nobody ever thought it would die out because it had a direct, tangible, real world equivalent in mail, so it was very easy to grasp the use case for.

in two years email progressed from a business and science centered tool to a personal tool.

in ten years bitcoin is still struggling to make the reverse journey from being used by personal tools to being used by business and science tools. why is that? maybe because it's not the cheapest and fastest way to give people money. maybe because managing an 'account' is a huge hassle compared to just having a bank or credit union. maybe because it has no customer service other than online idiots screeching at you for doing it wrong. maybe especially because more than even email, a currency requires that other people use it, which is the one thing they've gotten correct - that is definitely not something bitcoin benefits from.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bitcoin also has a tangible real world equivalent. It's money pogs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

i did some quick googling and found this

:nws: obviously

reported, enjoy ur ban cocksturret