Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

May Tom Taylor write Spider-Man for years to come. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man today was soooo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I was so hype to read that because I thought All New Wolverine and X-Men Red were terrific but unfortunately for personal reasons the last page of the first issue meant I wasn't going to be able to read any more. Hope everyone else enjoys it and Taylor gets more work though.

Dropping that made me realize my Marvel pulls were getting a little low, so I'm curious if any of the new #1s lately are worth going out of my way to check out? I'm thinking of X-Force, Invaders, Captain Marvel, Guardians, Black Widow, and anything else I'm forgetting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Black widow and today's guardians were good, but if spidey was too much you might not like widow's subject matter

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, I've been on a Spider-verse binge lately, and I decided to check out Arana/Spider-Girl's first series on Unlimited. It holds up pretty well, actually. Kind of would like to see her cross over into Miles' book - since they're both Latinx kids from Brooklyn.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, I've been on a Spider-verse binge lately, and I decided to check out Arana/Spider-Girl's first series on Unlimited. It holds up pretty well, actually. Kind of would like to see her cross over into Miles' book - since they're both Latinx kids from Brooklyn.

I bought the TPB of her run as Spider-Girl and enjoyed it. I wish we could see her team-up with Miles and Miguel.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Johnny wyd

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wasn't meaning to pick up the new Guardians #1 but I guess I forgot to tell my shop to cancel it for me after the Duggan run ended but I'm glad I got it. The new cast seems like a good mix although I'm still not sure if I like cosmic Ghost Rider, most of the time I just don't find him funny.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That al ewing crypt of shadows one shot (i think???) horror book is pretty fun

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Ewing, I decided to reread Contest of Champions, since Exiles is ending next Wednesday and I wanted some more multiversal shenanigans.

I am profoundly disappointed it died so quickly. Ditto Exiles.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Every once in while i remember guillotine and get extremely disappointed that she's never used (except that one cameo in Ewing's usavengers)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do you reckon we'll get another volume in that complete collection of 90's exiles?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/unbeatablesg/status/1089559159866048513?s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Have Peter and Miles interacted much since Miles made the jump to 616?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

There was a whole sequel miniseries Spider-men 2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

spiders-men

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's a Peter Parker from an alternate Earth who is made up of a mass of sentient spiders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

That's a Peter Parker from an alternate Earth who is made up of a mass of sentient spiders.

You're thinking of The Thousand, only Spider-Man story I'm aware of written by Garth Ennis.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

You're thinking of The Thousand, only Spider-Man story I'm aware of written by Garth Ennis.

No spiders man is from Spider-Geddon.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

No, Spiders-Man is actually Spider-Man made of spiders.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spiders-Man_(Earth-11580)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
gently caress, I thought he was making a joke and I was dropping some deep lore.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Wasn't there a Spiders-Man in Earth X too? I think he had some psychic web deal of something. I guess Earth X is no longer part of the multiverse currently?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I must have missed the memo on the Keiran Gillen Thunderbolts series, because that seems like an obvious must buy for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are you talking about Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt? Because that's not a Marvel book and not the Thunderbolts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

Are you talking about Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt? Because that's not a Marvel book and not the Thunderbolts.

Oh my God I'm dumb. Forgive me, I have been playing KH3 for the past 8 hours.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

Oh my God I'm dumb. Forgive me, I have been playing KH3 for the past 8 hours.

Talk about a self-own.

I mean, you should probably get it anyway since it's a Gillen book.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I usually trade wait non big 2 now, but as far as I can tell Dynamite (and Keiran Gillen)
is usually pretty good at regularly shipping out books so I might. John Wick aside of course.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gillen is using the book apparently to have his say on the legacy of Watchmen. I'm betting it will be much better than whatever Geoff Johns is slowly leaking out.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wasn't there a Spiders-Man in Earth X too? I think he had some psychic web deal of something. I guess Earth X is no longer part of the multiverse currently?

There was and yeah that sounds like his deal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well that's an interesting direction to take Nadia in Unstoppable Wasp.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Not only was Daughters of the Dragon #3 really fun and entertaining it is a delightful dip into obscure characters that I remember and am always surprised that someone else does (Hey! Andrea Sterman!) and on top of that it was badass as hell.

Okay that is all I'mma go back to reading comics now I just hadda pop in to let you all know that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
seeing nadia in pain hurts me too, but i have confidence jeremy will discuss the perils of mental health in a far better manner than anyone ever bothered to do with hank

also

i would very much like angela and sera in this book

e: godspeed exiles, you were too good for this world :patriot:

site fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 30, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Not only was Daughters of the Dragon #3 really fun and entertaining it is a delightful dip into obscure characters that I remember and am always surprised that someone else does (Hey! Andrea Sterman!) and on top of that it was badass as hell.

Okay that is all I'mma go back to reading comics now I just hadda pop in to let you all know that

site posted:

seeing nadia in pain hurts me too, but i have confidence jeremy will discuss the perils of mental health in a far better manner than anyone ever bothered to do with hank

also

i would very much like angela and sera in this book

Totally agree with these posts, and just want to add what an utter delight Ms. Marvel was. #37 had everything you could want in a penultimate farewell issue.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It was the last issue, so I wanted to dig out all my Master of Kung Fu faves (and Batroc)!

And who better to act as psychiatrist for a formerly brainwashed super-assassin than the woman who tried to put Nomad back together?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

It was the last issue, so I wanted to dig out all my Master of Kung Fu faves (and Batroc)!

And who better to act as psychiatrist for a formerly brainwashed super-assassin than the woman who tried to put Nomad back together?

Is Daughters going to get another series like Jessica Jones?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

No, not that I'm aware of unfortunately.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

No, not that I'm aware of unfortunately.

That's too bad, I know you mentioned being wary of spamming us with self-promotion, but please do let us know when next you have a book coming out. I know I'm not the only one who really enjoys your stuff, and you have enough talent that I'm sure you'll have more work in the future.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Thanks Skwirl! Man Without Fear and Daughters both finished up today, but I have a new series in the works with Marvel that I'm very psyched about. I'll talk about it once it's announced!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Thanks Skwirl! Man Without Fear and Daughters both finished up today, but I have a new series in the works with Marvel that I'm very psyched about. I'll talk about it once it's announced!

Do that, 'cause I haven't read a book from you I didn't like yet.

Seriously I thought I was the only person who remembered Andrea Sterman, ex-psychiatrist turned government researcher turned SHIELD agent turned psychiatrist who got sucked into the whirlpool current that was Jack Monroe's life - oh that's right, she hung with the V-Battalion for a while too

God the life of a comics supporting cast member must be so strange

radlum
May 13, 2013

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Looking forward to your next series. I enjoyed MWF a lot; Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character and it is always interesting to read a book that focuses on his inner conflicts. His evolving relationship with his inner fear was great and I hope you get to work on the character again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Skwirl! Man Without Fear and Daughters

What a great superhero name.