Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

mp5 posted:

It's always bugged me that the bobby pins broke after three unsuccessful picks, no more no less no matter what

Dying Light basically uses the exact same system but added a little variance to the lifespan of your lockpick

that game was so much fun i was amazed that the same people who made dead island made it. its like they learned from their mistakes and ditched all the lovely things from the previous game. gently caress that dune buggy dlc though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

ASenileAnimal posted:

that game was so much fun i was amazed that the same people who made dead island made it. its like they learned from their mistakes and ditched all the lovely things from the previous game. gently caress that dune buggy dlc though

i'm playing it for the first time currently with a couple of friends, it's wonderful

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
The flawed moon
acts on the truth, and makes
an autumn of tentative
silences.
You lived, but somewhere else,
your presence touched others, ring upon ring,
and changed. Did you think
atom shop prices would not change?

The black moon
turns away, its work done. A tenderness,
unspoken autumn.
We are faithful
only to the imagination. What the
imagination
             seizes
as beauty must be truth.
What holds you
to what you see of me is
that 15% increase alone.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

New bug : Apparently some people (Like me) are encountering issues where bulked items no longer count as being available for crafting.

I had to scrap 15 bulk plastic manually down to actual molded plastic in order to bulk other items.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BMan posted:

Wait, they put degradation back in? lmao, taking that poo poo out was the best part of fallout 4

Implemented it in the dumbest way too. Armor is disposable, because it takes ballistic weave to patch and that poo poo is rare as hens' teeth, so you just toss it when ti breaks and craft a new one.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Implemented it in the dumbest way too. Armor is disposable, because it takes ballistic weave to patch and that poo poo is rare as hens' teeth, so you just toss it when ti breaks and craft a new one.

Wrong! Well, not 'wrong' as much as 'outdated'.

Bethesda saw too many people were doing exactly that, so they changed it. As of the January 10th patch level 25+ armor requires Ballistic Weave to create, and repair costs were lowered. Repairing (With White Knight) is actually cheaper than crafting new pieces now.

quote:

Crafting: Level 25 armor and above now requires ballistic fiber to craft.
Repairing: Component quantities required to repair mid to high level armor and weapons have been reduced up to 20%. DevNote: - Repair costs scale with level, and there's room to reduce costs at higher levels.
Crafting: Ballistic Fiber becomes required for armor at level 25 instead of previously at level 20

Best thing to do these days is get yourself rank 3 Hard Bargain, pop some Grape Mentats, and buy bulk Ballistic Weave (10 units) for ~300 or so caps. Repairing with White Knight only uses 1-2 weave per. If you also combine it with Fix It Good, it's significantly cheaper to repair than rebuild.

BMan posted:

Wait, they put degradation back in? lmao, taking that poo poo out was the best part of fallout 4

Yes. It's awful, but at least they mitigated it slightly. In 4 power armor had degredation and it was obnoxious as hell. In 76 some of the perks you can get help deal with weapon and armor degredation.

Gunsmith and Makeshift Warrior (The perks that let you craft weapon mods for ranged and melee weapons) also slow down how fast your weapon degrades. Armorer and Power Smith let you boost the durability of armor when you first create it. Fix it Now and Weapon Artisan let you repair to 200% durability, which also grants bonus damage and resistances. And Power Patcher and White Knight reduce the costs to repair power armor/normal armor. No perk reduces the repair costs of weapons, unfortunately.

Also your INT affects crafted item durability. So getting INT from food buffs, bobbleheads, or chems when you're building the weapons/armor itself helps make your gear last longer as well. INT doesn't seem to have any effect on repairs, only the initial creation.

The real frustration with repairs is you can ONLY repair equipment at workbenches. If it was like 3/New Vegas where you could repair in the field using other weapons or weapon kits it would be a lot less annoying.

khy fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 30, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

khy posted:

New bug : Apparently some people (Like me) are encountering issues where bulked items no longer count as being available for crafting.

I had to scrap 15 bulk plastic manually down to actual molded plastic in order to bulk other items.

They (rightly) added a lot of items to the non-auto breakdown category, like craftable quest items and mods, but inadvertently also did so to bulked items. :fo76:

khy posted:

Gunsmith and Makeshift Warrior (The perks that let you craft weapon mods for ranged and melee weapons) also slow down how fast your weapon degrades. Armorer and Power Smith let you boost the durability of armor when you first create it. Fix it Now and Weapon Artisan let you repair to 200% durability, which also grants bonus damage and resistances. And Power Patcher and White Knight reduce the costs to repair power armor/normal armor. No perk reduces the repair costs of weapons, unfortunately.

Note that this patch significantly nerfed White Knight. Can't have players attempting to mitigate mechanics they hate.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm probably not playing FO76 again ever, but I'm definitely not playing it until there's a way to get rid of degradation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Heh, the community managers don't know whether the price increases are intentional or not, since it's not covered in the patch notes.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Heh, the community managers don't know whether the price increases are intentional or not, since it's not covered in the patch notes.

And here's me thinking the price increases were a thread joke

GEEZ BETHESDA

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Rinkles posted:

wanna bet neither does most of the dev team, possibly including those responsible due to heavy drinking

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What a beshitted game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's just a lever in Todd's house that reads More Expensive and he's slowly inching it up every day to watch the store prices go as high as they can.

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
in the newest patch, whenever i aim a sniper rifle and press the hold breath button, the sound effect is sped up for some reason, so it sounds like my dude is hitting a whippet right before shooting a rad scorp. i hope they never fix it

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I'm having in issue with my weapons where it when I shoot someone their health will go down a decent amount but then when I shoot them again too quickly, their health goes back up halfway. I can't shoot enemies too quickly otherwise it takes double the amount of bullets to kill them... Wasn't this supposed to be patched out a while ago?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft3B8QHq5cs
Fallout games have never had bugs.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

i flunked out posted:

I'm having in issue with my weapons where it when I shoot someone their health will go down a decent amount but then when I shoot them again too quickly, their health goes back up halfway. I can't shoot enemies too quickly otherwise it takes double the amount of bullets to kill them... Wasn't this supposed to be patched out a while ago?

They added another bug can in, so maybe? They might have somehow hosed up and broke that fix again too.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

patch notes:

-added new mutation "bethesda" which makes you immune to certain gamebreaking glitches while making you twice as weak against other ones. it is given to all players automatically and the negative effects can not be reduced by taking the starched genes perk.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
The last patch finally made even the reddit lunatic farm realize that no, Fallout 76 isn't total poo poo because of "THE YOUTUBE CONSPIRACY" but because Bethesda is just total poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/alm3ic/psa_dont_craft_mass_amounts_of_weapons_to_scrap/

People are getting banned for crafting and scraping.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lmao

There are people that play this game with multiple accounts.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

And here's me thinking the price increases were a thread joke

GEEZ BETHESDA

Wait, seriously, are the price increases not a joke? Wasn't there a photoshopped patch notes floating around in the early days? Did they actually increase prices for real since that photoshop?

Jesus, it's ridiculous how I can't assume anything with Bethesda anymore.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This really is the game that keeps on giving

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Is...is the Todd Howard we've seen the last year or so just DSP wearing his skin? That's the only non-'they're doing this on purpose' explanation left, right?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

frajaq posted:

This really is the game that keeps on giving

Yet somehow after all this, I'd still put money on the next Elder Scrolls setting a new Bethesda record for pre-orders.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

banning people for trying to deal with a sudden arbitrary weight limit is insanely funny

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

pnumoman posted:

Wait, seriously, are the price increases not a joke? Wasn't there a photoshopped patch notes floating around in the early days? Did they actually increase prices for real since that photoshop?

prices did indeed increase

for in-game plans

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmfao just cut your losses and patch in offline singleplayer. no ones going to be playing it at the rate these fuckups keep happening

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pnumoman posted:

theres no such thing as jokes anymore, only prophecy

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

lmfao just cut your losses and patch in offline singleplayer. no ones going to be playing it at the rate these fuckups keep happening

Port the map/items/features to Fallout 4 and sell it as DLC.

Oh wait, there are no npc's. :lol:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

NofrikinfuN posted:

Port the map/items/features to Fallout 4 and sell it as DLC.

Oh wait, there are no npc's. :lol:

all robots replaced with human npcs and their voices replaced with NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The best part of patch day is the threads the day after from people who were banned for playing the game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

mormonpartyboat posted:

theres no such thing as jokes anymore, only prophecy

Being Todd Howard.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

pnumoman posted:

yes, and they put the price increase in a different part of the patchnotes each time like it's a secret hidden surprise lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

popewiles posted:

Yet somehow after all this, I'd still put money on the next Elder Scrolls setting a new Bethesda record for pre-orders.

F76 was the most downloaded client in the Bethesda store. They acheived this by bricking the preorder downloads and forcing everyone to download it a second and third time.

So yes, I cosign to your assertion. Bethesda gonna find a way to gently caress around with our credit cards to boost their financials.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That subreddit is glorious right now. Side note: I love the people who say "I put 400 hours into your game Bethesda please make your games better from now on." They don't care, you just admitted you dumped 400 hours into a game that I'm still not sure isn't some sort of performance art experiment.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

KirbyKhan posted:

F76 was the most downloaded client in the Bethesda store. They acheived this by bricking the preorder downloads and forcing everyone to download it a second and third time.

So yes, I cosign to your assertion. Bethesda gonna find a way to gently caress around with our credit cards to boost their financials.

Isn't this also the first game that's been exclusively on their garbage store? That might have something to do with it too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RPZip posted:

Isn't this also the first game that's been exclusively on their garbage store? That might have something to do with it too.

To be honest, I'd rather shop at a store that sells actual garbage than play another Bethesda game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

All the nerfs seems to be deserved.

Whiteknigt was powerful enough to skip a whole system of the game (the repairing of armour).
I think we are here a case where people like the broken game more than the same game fixed.

I heard Ark had a fight between the community and the devs over taming speed, and in the end the community won and the game was "easier" toning down times. Maybe thats the type of communication that is required here. The community influencing how much a survival game is F76.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mr Hootington posted:

The best part of patch day is the threads the day after from people who were banned for playing the game.

I feel like everyone saying that seems like they are very clearly lying, HOWEVER it's still extreme insanity that casual cheating in a game can lead to your whole besthedia account being deactivated and meaning you can no longer download skyrim. Duping in this game isn't even like, extreme network hacking or anything, it's stuff like "selling items to modus and then two people buy them from the two terminals at once" or "putting things in the box generated by artillery to store smoke grenades then storing the artillery in a blueprint". Like if they deactivated your login to fallout 76 then sure, whatever, I guess, but tying it to your entire account so you can't play DOOM anymore is INSANE.