Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Wark Say posted:

e: double post, for some dadgum readon. :confused:
Emphasis!

E: oh poo poo uhh here have a picture of the entire cast

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

OK, after sweating like a gosh darn pig for 50 minutes, here's the deal:
  • Doom, I know you put (or try to) everything behind spoiler tags. Keep that up. I'd recommend you to put some warning before the spoiler-tagged content like (some stuff that the anime skipped from the manga/novels) things skipped go here or some-such. I'm sure there's gonna be goons who find it interesting to know what's been left on the cutting room floor. Hell, I'm often intrigued by things that don't make it to the final product for x or y reason, but sometimes, my endless curiosity has gotten the better of me and I feel that I've "ruined" some shows/movies/games/books/etc for myself by skimming through spoilers here and elsewhere, and I guess it's the feeling that a lot of goons want to express here: of not knowing what's behind the spoiler tags. That way, if they're not curious they can just skip your post and find out on their own by checking the novels/manga.
  • That said, if it's spoilers from stuff down the road that hasn't even been mentioned and might still happen, yeah, don't do that.

Trust me I know. I've familiarized myself with the entire with the WN so there's LOTS of spoiler stuff I know that I won't share. The stuff I am sharing is just the fat that's been trimmed off sometimes to excess given you lose some great SoL stuff and character moments. Nothing CRITICAL, but still noteworthy. If I felt it would ruin the experience then I wouldn't share it at all here, but in the other thread for the LN since it's stuff that's way far off. It's why I've not made an episode write up since the pacing has been so weird. And yeah Jackard you might want to spoiler that one. There's a reason I don't share images.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 29, 2019

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

doomrider7 posted:

And yeah Jackard you might want to spoiler that one. There's a reason I don't share images.
I'm watching the anime and I don't know what you're talking about so this is kind of a spoiler!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
One of the problems with spoiling one medium with information from another medium is that the people putting together the anime may have deliberately rearranged stuff from the manga/LN. "Hey that guy has this huge backstory" might actually turn out to be a spoiler if they go into it next episode, for instance.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mirage posted:

One of the problems with spoiling one medium with information from another medium is that the people putting together the anime may have deliberately rearranged stuff from the manga/LN. "Hey that guy has this huge backstory" might actually turn out to be a spoiler if they go into it next episode, for instance.

That is, presumably, why he bothers to put the info in spoiler tags.

But there is also nothing to indicate that these things are going to be revisited. The show is blatantly taking the "rush the gently caress through to hit some specific parts, and folks can buy the manga/LN if they want to know the in-between" approach.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't want to spoil too much for you anime only plebs, however I am going to point out that even when the super huge events coming up go down, Ranga is still a drat good boy.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

I don't want to spoil too much for you anime only plebs, however I am going to point out that even when the super huge events coming up go down, Ranga is still a drat good boy.

Ranga is never not a good boi.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Gobta should wear sunglasses

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

paragon1 posted:

Gobta should wear sunglasses

https://imgur.com/gallery/bW7xOjR

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 30, 2019

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I love this series so much because it's all the stuff I love about Overlord (fun and expressive characters, cool universe, absurd game dynamics, fun interactions) with none of the awful poo poo (horrendous CG, moments of edgy poo poo, weird issues with women). I just wanna watch a Slime make a city of friends and absorb new powers.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think I love this series so much because it's all the stuff I love about Overlord (fun and expressive characters, cool universe, absurd game dynamics, fun interactions) with none of the awful poo poo (horrendous CG, moments of edgy poo poo, weird issues with women). I just wanna watch a Slime make a city of friends and absorb new powers.

Read the manga and LN's man. It has ALL of those things in even more quantity than the anime. The manga is ESPECIALLY good if you want visuals and the Slime Diaries Spinoff is also solid and we're at the point where none of the stuff from it would be spoilers(though very little of said diaries is translated sadly).

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Just wanted to let you guys know that the latest Humble Bundle for today has Vol. 1-4 of the manga in it. https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-kodansha-comics
It's in the top tier that's $20. There's some other good stuff in the bundle too.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nullsmack posted:

Just wanted to let you guys know that the latest Humble Bundle for today has Vol. 1-4 of the manga in it. https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-kodansha-comics
It's in the top tier that's $20. There's some other good stuff in the bundle too.

drat you beat me to it. It's a really good deal too since even on sale the volumes are about $6 and some change so this is still a good deal on top of all the good stuff you're getting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The $8 tier alone is worth it for gems and Flying Witch.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

chumbler posted:

The $8 tier alone is worth it for gems and Flying Witch.

A lot of these feels so unfair this one especially. Like DAYUM. Pretty much EVERYTHING on here is solid and $20 gets you all of it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Never underestimate Humble Bundle. IDK how they afford it but their bundles are always amazing.

Maybe too amazing.

*wallet vibrates in fear*

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
i literally scowled when they turned the cool lizard ladies into MORE generic anime girls. please anime team stop overwriting your already great designs for 0 reason. glad to see gabiru and that politician guy again, though. havent watched the newest episode yet but itll be nice if millim gets fleshed out (in a less literal sense than she is now).

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I like anime lizards girls.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Valentine's Day Souka

underthecube posted:

i literally scowled when they turned the cool lizard ladies into MORE generic anime girls. please anime team stop overwriting your already great designs for 0 reason. glad to see gabiru and that politician guy again, though. havent watched the newest episode yet but itll be nice if millim gets fleshed out (in a less literal sense than she is now).

I can't stress it enough that the anime screwed the pooch here with removing some scenes about her. And yeah I'm still not letting that reveal of her go it was just God Awful. It manages to be WORSE every time I see it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Partway through episode 16 and what the gently caress is this weird evolution disparity in the Lizardmen :laffo:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

At the very least, she should still have green scales for skin.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I'm reminded of the Oglaf comic (NSFW, so not linking it) where all the various fantasy races are wondering why females of every race look the same and think humans are creepy since their men look like weird distorted women.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 2, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bremen posted:

I'm reminded of the Oglaf comic (NSFW, so not linking it) where all the various fantasy races are wondering why females of every race look the same and think humans are creepy since their men look like weird distorted women.

I remember that comic. That might actually be the tropes page picture.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Episode was MUCH better paced with less stuff cut out. It pleased me a great deal.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
poo poo just got real. And I cannot stress enough how adorable Milim and her expanding wardrobe is.
Also flying Megalodon sharks? poo poo just got real!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

poo poo just got real. And I cannot stress enough how adorable Milim and her expanding wardrobe is.
Also flying Megalodon sharks? poo poo just got real!

The concept sounds so ridiculous and yet it works perfectly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The worst part is that Rimuru is the only one who knows that the answer to flying megalodons is a flying Jason Statham. Better to try and find a solution in ignorance, than to try and cobble something together knowing you've got nothing like Statham lying around.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm happily surprised they showed another outfit for Milim. Cool.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Two creepy clown like figures come up to you at your campfire in the middle of a spooky forest in the middle of the night, offering you immense power. Whatever could go wrong!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

After all, they are the moderate harlequin alliance not the evil harlequin alliance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

duz posted:

After all, they are the moderate harlequin alliance not the evil harlequin alliance.

Is there that much of a difference?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
They could have skipped all this moderate clown alliance beastketeer stuff and all we'd have is a tighter episode.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Shuffle posted:

Two creepy clown like figures come up to you at your campfire in the middle of a spooky forest in the middle of the night, offering you immense power.

"Hmm, these guys seem legit"

duz posted:

I got a decent chuckle out of that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Evil Harlequin Alliance is too on the nose and The Good Harlequin Alliance would arouse suspicion

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is Shion such a dumbass?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Grouchio posted:

Why is Shion such a dumbass?

Int is her dump stat and she min-maxed for sheer percussive force.
Also she mixed up her Toxicology and Cooking skills as a drawback.

Some people like the big dumb barbarians, especially when they're a gal that can crush steel with their thighs. Among other appendages.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EponymousMrYar posted:

Some people like the big dumb barbarians, especially when they're a gal that can crush steel with their thighs. Among other appendages.
while wearing a business suit, in a fantasy world

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Shion is a good girl who has full confidence in her boss.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Shion is my wifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Gotta say I'm rolling my eyes at arbitrarily not letting Milim just solve the plot. She's right there, she's not doing anything and she wants to help. Surprisingly lame move for this show.