Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I can't believe that people are willing to pay afk camping of an entire region with pretty nonexistent results. Pretty sure that regular hunting would do with the recent brain trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

yogizh posted:

I can't believe that people are willing to pay afk camping of an entire region with pretty nonexistent results. Pretty sure that regular hunting would do with the recent brain trust.

AFK is the correct way to play EVE

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I really hope you are not our recruitment manager.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
What is the isk per hour difference between super ratting and ratting in either a max skilled carrier or dread?

Does it really make that big of a difference?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

What is the isk per hour difference between super ratting and ratting in either a max skilled carrier or dread?

I don't know the numbers, but it is a big difference. First off, don't rat in a dread ever.

Second, a regular rear end carrier can field three fighter groups, and can only field light fighters. Supercarriers can field five fighter groups, and have the option of fielding long-range heavy bombers, which absolutely shred subcaps and rats, and can do it from a distance.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

yogizh posted:

I really hope you are not our recruitment manager.

No, it's just Dalael, guy who believes that the Atlantis is in the Bolivia.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

In a nidhoggur with T2 fighters and max tank I was making around 40-50mil per tick. In a Hel with max tank and shield command burst i'm making 85mil per tick on average.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

The Claptain posted:

Correct. Same guy.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 30, 2019

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

red pill me on atlantis

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hexel posted:

red pill me on atlantis

No thanks, I'm good. I don't have anything to add to the subject but if you do want a good laugh, it's in the Roman history thread. I can't remember where exactly tho..

But basically, it's this:

The Claptain posted:

*edit: Here, in case you're actually interested in fringe theories: http://www.atlantisbolivia.org/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Atlantis is totally real. It was washed under the water at the end of the ice age 12,000 years ago when the glaciers melted and made the ocean levels rise. They had power tools, and also a crude form of electricity.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Atlantis is totally real. It was washed under the water at the end of the ice age 12,000 years ago when the glaciers melted and made the ocean levels rise. They had power tools, and also a crude form of electricity.

people already think you are as bad a poster as I am. Are you sure you want to go the Atlantis is real route?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

people already think you are as bad a poster as I am. Are you sure you want to go the Atlantis is real route?

can you guys go measure each other in a different thread please

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

can you guys go measure each other in a different thread please

Rutibex has made some quasi-successful "durr I'm a newb check out this shitfit" troll posts as well as an actual goodpost on market trading for profit

Dalael is one of the reasons that "d-name" level awful posts are a thing in the EVE thread AND has a hentai avatar

I know which tard I'm betting on in this fight

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Rutibex has made some quasi-successful "durr I'm a newb check out this shitfit" troll posts as well as an actual goodpost on market trading for profit

Dalael is one of the reasons that "d-name" level awful posts are a thing in the EVE thread AND has a hentai avatar

I know which tard I'm betting on in this fight

True

after rutibex's post the amount of 0.01 pvp in 1dq was incredible and lasted at least a month

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
You guys should stop, not only are you making me blush, but you're engaging the part of my brain that likes attention, which is only giving me more reasons to post.

Just sayin'

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In a nidhoggur with T2 fighters and max tank I was making around 40-50mil per tick. In a Hel with max tank and shield command burst i'm making 85mil per tick on average.

Here is the issue, I've got close to perfect skills for a Nyx... except leadership skills (or whatever they are called these days). I am really loving deep into training all of my subcap skills to V (weapons specializations, drone specializations, etc.) and I really do not want to waste the time to train up any leadership skills, or gods forbid, heavy fighters V.

I guess I am asking can I function in a Nyx without training to use fleet boosters (and Heavy Fighters V)?

Edit.

I am not going to lie, I also sort of hate the idea of buying a supercap because in the back of my mind I think, "what if someone asks me to actually drop it on someone, I am not rich enough to afford losing it."

Double edit.

AND I actually have not used any of my capitals since 2011, so all of this fighter wing poo poo is totally new to me. I'd have to relearn carriers... in a super.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 30, 2019

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

Here is the issue, I've got close to perfect skills for a Nyx... except leadership skills (or whatever they are called these days). I am really loving deep into training all of my subcap skills to V (weapons specializations, drone specializations, etc.) and I really do not want to waste the time to train up any leadership skills, or gods forbid, heavy fighters V.

I guess I am asking can I function in a Nyx without training to use fleet boosters (and Heavy Fighters V)?

Edit.

I am not going to lie, I also sort of hate the idea of buying a supercap because in the back of my mind I think, "what if someone asks me to actually drop it on someone, I am not rich enough to afford losing it."

I can't answer the first part of your post because I don't have a supercap so I don't know... But when it comes to the risk of losing it, it's all very relative.
In most case, unless you go out of your way to assist others, you won't be asked to drop your supercap on anyone. Most people who require assistance will usually ask Theta who are the #1 fast response in Delve.

You are much more likely to lose it while ratting if you do not take precautions. If however, you take all the precautions recommended (Be in theta comms, be in fleet, do not be afk, always be aligned, have a cyno, etc etc etc) the risk of losing your super drop dramatically. Just keep in mind you will never be 100% safe.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Relearn carriers in a carrier. Hulls are sub 900m, capswarm fit is barely over 2b total. About the only thing to remember is keep your fighters moving. Hell, log into the test server and relearn there if you really want to do it in the super.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Micromancer posted:

Relearn carriers in a carrier. Hulls are sub 900m, capswarm fit is barely over 2b total. About the only thing to remember is keep your fighters moving. Hell, log into the test server and relearn there if you really want to do it in the super.

Yeah, I have a thanatos and a moros, which need to be refit. gently caress, when I fit them there was no such thing as capital rigs; that being said, given the wonderful mechanic that is jump fatigue its probably better for me to just buy new ones in Delve.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit.

Double edit.

AND I actually have not used any of my capitals since 2011, so all of this fighter wing poo poo is totally new to me. I'd have to relearn carriers... in a super.

You don't need Heavy Fighters 5 to use t2 heavy fighters, only level 4. If you can use T2 fighters in a Thanatos it will only take you a few days to train tech 2 on a super. For ratting you do not need fleet boosters at all.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 30, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T2 light and heavy fighters just need fighters V and light/heavy fighters to IV

i injected it during the booster blitz and it's already paid for itself

Also yeah you dont need leadership skills at all for supers (other than whatever is required to sit in it), I just have one on mine to make it tanky as gently caress because i'm a coward

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, I have a thanatos and a moros, which need to be refit. gently caress, when I fit them there was no such thing as capital rigs; that being said, given the wonderful mechanic that is jump fatigue its probably better for me to just buy new ones in Delve.

legacy rigged caps are a thing, you may be able to upgrade them by selling for new hull plus a little extra depending on the rigs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Micromancer posted:

legacy rigged caps are a thing, you may be able to upgrade them by selling for new hull plus a little extra depending on the rigs

Nolak needs to get an SA account

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

keepstar #38 went up today lol

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Are we really still counting?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEI3N9kIyP4&t=7s

the approximate actual pace of goon keepstars getting anchored

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Claptain posted:

Are we really still counting?

Well, Tuzy does, since he maintains a map of them all. I don't, myself.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've just bought my first super and as I sit on the undock of our Keepstar my first thought is "how long until I can buy a second super that I can use for ratting?"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

use the one you got for ratting there aint gonna be no capswarm ops

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I've just bought my first super and as I sit on the undock of our Keepstar my first thought is "how long until I can buy a second super that I can use for ratting?"

Again, I don't have a super so take this with a grain of salt, but i think most people use the capswarm fit when ratting. Your isk/hour ratio (if you care about that sort of stuff) won't be as good as a ratting fit, but it strongly increases your chances of surviving until help arrives if you get tackled.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

With supers there is no such thing as a ratting fit unless you can afford to immediately replace it and guarantee that you’ll make it all back by dedicating 60 hours of perfect ticks

Like I said I make 85mil per tick in a capswarm tank fit Hel, I’ve been told that a hyperspacial rigged max gank fit Hel makes 130mil ticks if you’re aligning to your next site and the only super in a -0.7 or lower system

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

With supers there is no such thing as a ratting fit unless you can afford to immediately replace it and guarantee that you’ll make it all back by dedicating 60 hours of perfect ticks

Like I said I make 85mil per tick in a capswarm tank fit Hel, I’ve been told that a hyperspacial rigged max gank fit Hel makes 130mil ticks if you’re aligning to your next site and the only super in a -0.7 or lower system

Does the security of the system you're in make a difference once it's 0.0 or below? I've been ratting in a -0.2 system and looking at about 1.1 to 1.2mil for Popes and Patriarchs. I went to a -0.9 system to look at them, and the bounty numbers posted on the rats looked the same.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

Does the security of the system you're in make a difference once it's 0.0 or below? I've been ratting in a -0.2 system and looking at about 1.1 to 1.2mil for Popes and Patriarchs. I went to a -0.9 system to look at them, and the bounty numbers posted on the rats looked the same.

:shobon: as gently caress

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

:justpost:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Cobbsprite posted:

Security status affects what kinds of anomalies spawn and how many, but doesn't affect the rats inside those anomalies.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Security status affects what kinds of anomalies spawn and how many, but doesn't affect the rats inside those anomalies.

Correct. Also, if you are running missions the security status of the system the mission is in (I think it is the mission not the agent) affects loyalty point and mission pay rewards as well.

Edit.

Sec status obviously affects the kind of rats that spawn in belts though. Wait, do rats still spawn in belts? It occurs to me that in the three months or so I have been back in eve, I haven't warped to a single belt.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 31, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Wait, do rats still spawn in belts? It occurs to me that in the three months or so I have been back in eve, I haven't warped to a single belt.

Yes. However, many years ago, CCP took belt chaining out behind the woodshed and put two slugs in its brain. The type of battleship rat that spawns from a chained belt is random, so you can no longer force 1.9M isk bounty rats to continually spawn. Because of this, no one really belt rats, unless it's to bootstrap the ratting ihub index for installing upgrades.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yes. However, many years ago, CCP took belt chaining out behind the woodshed and put two slugs in its brain. The type of battleship rat that spawns from a chained belt is random, so you can no longer force 1.9M isk bounty rats to continually spawn. Because of this, no one really belt rats, unless it's to bootstrap the ratting ihub index for installing upgrades.

I did belt ratting in a Dominix for like a month when I resubbed. I made upwards of tens of millions of isk per hour. One time I found a hauler rat spawn and I spent the rest of the day hauling 50m worth of tritanium in an Iteron V.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I always belt ratted wrong (and I know I did), because I would rarely chain. I just wanted to blow everything up in an effort to force a faction spawn.