Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

shortspecialbus posted:

There are several. If it was an older one, it might be MB25 - The Bluebeard Affair but if it was more recent it might be MB55 - The Return of the Mammoth but there are several other stories in which Chloe the Elephant makes an appearance, I believe.

I think it was The Bluebeard Affair, thanks! Death by elephant is what caught my eye after scrolling past it for far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Is modesty going to stop being posted in the thread then and just on the website provided? Just gotta prep for the future.

I am thankful for the website because my wife told me to come back to this thread partly because of how good this comic... She was not mistaken on that and I have been curious about stuff I missed.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Cheer Up Boss Dharma

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Spiffster posted:

Is modesty going to stop being posted in the thread then and just on the website provided? Just gotta prep for the future.

I am thankful for the website because my wife told me to come back to this thread partly because of how good this comic... She was not mistaken on that and I have been curious about stuff I missed.

Nope. Website is for archives, re-reading, etc - mostly it was just necessary because Imgur hosed up their dumb site. Comics will still be posted in this thread first and make their way to the website after.

The one exception may be we put the first 6 stories up on the website rather than the thread so as to not get out of order at this point, but that's up to Transmodiar. If that happens, one of us will at the very least link them in here.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

did buddy just explode his blood everywhere like some kind of frightened lizard?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

shortspecialbus posted:

The one exception may be we put the first 6 stories up on the website rather than the thread so as to not get out of order at this point, but that's up to Transmodiar. If that happens, one of us will at the very least link them in here.

Since one story just ended, I'll go back and upload the missing ones and share the links for the rest of this week.

Glad everyone is enjoying the stories - and now the archive!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommonShore posted:

did buddy just explode his blood everywhere like some kind of frightened lizard?

I think he fainted and cracked his head on a desk on the way down, causing the guy who knocked the door down to freak out and run away.

I think.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

i wonder if reddick is so afraid of drawing this couple actually posed or in any way slightly interacting like an actual romantically involved couple because we live in the year god damned 2019 and he's afraid of the backlash from idiot racists if he drew an interracial couple actually physically interacting :(

alt less sad option he is unable to draw two figures convincingly makign contact

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Helen is obviously wearing a skirt though

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but this whole K&K storyline has been so unbelievably stupid that I'm somewhat in disbelief that it was ever penned. Seriously, our ostensible heroes, fresh from letting a serial killer off the hook for their own benefit, kidnap and torture another villain in some contrived plot to scare her straight, except that it apparently was for absolutely no reason in the end.

Like, this poo poo reads like really bad fanfic written by some edgy teenager.

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

We may need a Weapon Brown legal fund. Why now, after all these years, though?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

blacksocks posted:

We may need a Weapon Brown legal fund. Why now, after all these years, though?

They were waiting until he broke nine figures in wealth.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andy Capp

December 14, 1957

"All right, you win! - we turn the light out and look at the telly!"

Heathcliff Old and New

Ballard Street

October 30, 2002

Outbursts of Everett True

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What gets me about Kevin & Kell's morality is not just that it's so hugely askew, but that it's been going on for so long that the comic no longer feels the need to explain why nothing is being done about murder-for-food being legal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

"I will demonstrate my sexual ardor by remarking upon it from here on the other side of the sofa."

shortspecialbus posted:

*Modesty Blaise/Imgur stuff*
Thanks to both you and Transmodiar for all this! I've been saving them myself but I missed a few before I started that.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

That toucan is fascinated by this story.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

I think we know what our next adventure will be.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

I think we know what our next adventure will be.

It goddamn better be Heloise and Kadia teaming up or I'm going to be disappointed as all gently caress.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set wants what's coming to it.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is doing this again.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix didn't even charge them up first.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Outbursts of Everett True

The motion lines give a real sense of momentum, unlike say, any combat that happens in Mark Trail.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet

March 18th, 2006

March 19th, 2006

March 26th, 2006

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Red and Rover

Pizza bones? :confused:

Ghostlight posted:

dogs don't understand what pizza is

Wowzers, you can really see how the art has degraded over the years since we snagged that frame.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

me, a gunther: let me check my detailed schematics of my roommate's work hours to avoid him.

me, a luann: i'm not going to ask my parents for whom he works.

me, also a les: girl, i want to spread myself all over your white bread

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

shortspecialbus posted:

It goddamn better be Heloise and Kadia teaming up or I'm going to be disappointed as all gently caress.
Heloise/Kadia teamup while Heloise's brother writes another "sup dad, I sure am learning a lot here to be the next Phantom! How's my sister doing, anyway?" letter.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

One of my favorite things about comics like Luann and 9CL is the clothes the author imagines hip youngsters wear.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1985)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I mean, The Rabbit Turned Rat was directing the entire company to "Harvest" Rabbit meat,

But uh if you go any further past that pretty much everything just breaks down.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
as usual, jamal continues to own. princess planet is really good, too

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
today's Dustin is also something the writer was mildly inconvenienced by

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Chuckle Bros

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Reply All

Ziggy

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
random Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Dilbert

Bizarro

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Please enjoy this Intelligent LifeŽ comic strip edit created especially for something awful forums dot com

thank you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Barney Google and Snuffy Smith

Judge Parker

Mary Worth

Pardon My Planet

Macanudo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 9, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 9, 1997)

Garfield Classic (July 9, 1987)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: These blackshirts consider themselves Judge, Jury and Executioner, or, Corto takes after Ezio Auditore, or gently caress the police, coming straight from the Underground!

And so ends this book! Sure seems like things are picking up and getting more convoluted every minute! Join us next time, on...

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Has ol' Rasputin upgraded himself to a djinn, or what?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

That's one of the more artful kicks to the groin I've seen in awhile.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Some Guy TT posted:

That's one of the more artful kicks to the groin I've seen in awhile.

If you're gonna boot fascist baws, it makes sense to make it stylish if you can.

Though surely using the ball of the foot causes less pain to the kicker.

Edit: Also, the Ras-genie will be explained in good time, dinnae worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Alley Oop

I appreciate that this rebooted comic about a caveman has spent all but a week in modern times.