Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's weird, usually you can get it cheaper if you order it in bulk online. Or is it just something that uncommon you're talking about?

Huh. I swear it was more expensive last time I ordered it, but now I'm looking at Amazon and it is currently cheaper to buy a case. :shrug: Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DizzyBum posted:

Huh. I swear it was more expensive last time I ordered it, but now I'm looking at Amazon and it is currently cheaper to buy a case. :shrug: Oh well!

It might have been at the time. Strange poo poo like that does happen occasionally. Like it might have been a supply issue at the time but the store was stocked up so it didn't bother changing the price. Uncommon but not completely impossible.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

cinni posted:

I could explain myself with :words: but its probably down to a mild eating disorder, definitely not rational or defensible. Just my thang, bro.

Okay. I have an aversion to the mechanical process of eating, like chewing up food and mixing it with saliva then swallowing it is disgusting to me and grosses me out. I have to consciously ignore that fact or I can't eat anything but soup without gagging. I wondered if it was like that.
I know my thing borders on phobia and is stupid and dumb, as well.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I saw a termite tube from my ceiling. Knocked it down, and according to the net that is the wrong thing to do. Last time I saw any was last fall, and I drilled into the ceiling and sprayed termite foam, and only now with the new rains has anything else appeared. The fact there are no tubes outside my house makes me rather worried.

edit: the week before my period my anxiety kicks into high gear and I find myself second guessing everything. Like, I was driving 45 in a 40 did I pass any speed cameras? Were people pissed at me for being late even if I let them know ahead of time? What if my friend is really mad at me instead of the logical reason she not replying to my texts being that she's out riding?

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Jan 20, 2019

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aleph Null posted:

Okay. I have an aversion to the mechanical process of eating, like chewing up food and mixing it with saliva then swallowing it is disgusting to me and grosses me out. I have to consciously ignore that fact or I can't eat anything but soup without gagging. I wondered if it was like that.
I know my thing borders on phobia and is stupid and dumb, as well.

Actually I can kinda agree with you about that, about saliva in particular. Saliva and spit are just peak gross so I can't watch those super slobbery blowjobs or cumswap or etc. Even my own spit grosses me out. Godspeed, fellow biological function cringer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

First world problem: I've had a cough since two days before Christmas and I'm waiting for my job's insurance to kick in.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Jan 20, 2019

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I just got an Xbox One controller to use with my Windows 10 PC and the thing works like crap. The controller causes lag in the game and also the Bluetooth continually disconnects. At first I thought it could just be driver related but now I am finding lots of other people has these problems online as well. I hope I can still get a refund.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My million year old flatscreen monitor's power button broke.

Still worked fine after all these years, but just today the power button rotated in position like 30 degrees and now feels flimsy and loose. What a crappy end for such a long standing device. As far as I know the rest of the device works fine but it just won't turn on :iiam:

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Jan 23, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My (relatively new) monitor/small TV has the opposite problem; there is no power button. Or any kind of buttons anywhere on it, at all. If I lose the remote it came with, I am hosed!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My secondary monitor is this ancient little LCD, and I have to keep my PC running 24/7 without power saving mode or anything, because if the screen turns off it'll take it like five to ten minutes of flickering to come back on, and it's just a pain in the rear end.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All of my devices stream and download properly except for my Xbox one s which streams and downloads really slowly.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicToast posted:

I just got an Xbox One controller to use with my Windows 10 PC and the thing works like crap. The controller causes lag in the game and also the Bluetooth continually disconnects. At first I thought it could just be driver related but now I am finding lots of other people has these problems online as well. I hope I can still get a refund.

That sucks! Do they offer an adapter like the 360 controller? Bluetooth is a crapshoot: could be the adapter, could be the controly, could be the driver. An adapter would offload the wireless processing to the USB chipset (are they still called southbridges?). Of course, then the FWP is having yet another USB dongle to plug in.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jan 24, 2019

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
XBone controllers don't use bluetooth, it's a proprietary protocol that means anyone who wants to make a wireless bone controller needs to license the protocol from microsoft.

Sounds like a lovely dongle, I've not personally bumped into any issues with my bone controller on Win 10 Pro, but obviously that's not the universal experience. Should be able to connect it to micro USB though.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I just saw that Google will discontinue Inbox! I really liked it and made sorting my mail so easy, it also looks nicer than the gmail app. :sigh:

I also hate myself that this actually bothers me.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Helios Grime posted:

I just saw that Google will discontinue Inbox! I really liked it and made sorting my mail so easy, it also looks nicer than the gmail app. :sigh:

I also hate myself that this actually bothers me.

Also killing off Google Hangouts. Like WTF, Google. I guess over a billion users isn't good enough.

Edit: Microsoft's Outlook is a nice looking alternative. Not even kidding.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I feel like Google keeps splitting and recombining its chat and SMS apps every few years. Just pick something already and stick with it, guys.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I still use hangouts. Do you mean, like, the google voice integration? Like, if someone texts my regular cell number, it doesn't go to hangouts anymore, only to the phone message app, but texts to my google voice number (which is the only number I give out, has the same last 4 as my cell) it goes to hangouts.

Still SMS'ing on the PC like a motherfucker.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've been eating like poo poo lately, especially for breakfasts, so I figured I'd start making smoothies based on my existing Huel again since it's otherwise just sitting there.

Problem is, I've completely forgotten how to make the smoothie I like. Pretty sure it's just a couple scoops of huel, milk, a banana, and some squirts of vanilla extract, but it's not the same and for the life of me I can't remember what I'm missing.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Jan 26, 2019

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Queen Combat posted:

I still use hangouts. Do you mean, like, the google voice integration? Like, if someone texts my regular cell number, it doesn't go to hangouts anymore, only to the phone message app, but texts to my google voice number (which is the only number I give out, has the same last 4 as my cell) it goes to hangouts.

Still SMS'ing on the PC like a motherfucker.

They are literally killing the product starting in October of this year.
https://arstechnica-com.cdn.ampproj...october-2019%2F

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Article says 2020-ish for consumer shutdown, but still, I get ya.

gently caress, this has been my chat/text application of the last ten years. What will Google Voice users do?

Now I kind of understand the pain of RSS Reader users.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Trying to make an appointment with my GP is such a pain in the rear end.
Call the office, listen through all the options in the menu and all the announcements because clicking the menu numbers doesn't actually do anything. Then wait an obnoxiously long time unless you happen to hit the perfect time where no one else is calling (this has happened all of once in the past year). Then have the receptionist hang up because their signal is garbage (I checked, it's not my phone). Alright, I'll try using the site instead. Dig up my username and go to the site. Hmm... none of my normal passwords are working, guess I have to reset the password. Oh, it turns out the system doesn't recognize my username. The only way to fix this? CALL THE GODDAMN OFFICE.

I've been going to the same doctor for 18ish years now and only started having these issues within the last two or so years. Just fuming right now.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My (relatively new) monitor/small TV has the opposite problem; there is no power button. Or any kind of buttons anywhere on it, at all. If I lose the remote it came with, I am hosed!

My last main computer monitor was a TV and didn't have any buttons accessible from the front; had to go in from above. It died, and I got a 4k monitor...which has its controls in a stupid rocker hat configuration on the back. There is no remote or instant input switching, so whenever I want to switch to consoles, I have to compete with the even going blank from no input with bringing up the OSD so I can change inputs.
I really want a remote-controlled monitor so it'd work with my Harmony.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I should probably start looking for a new job but I just don't want to.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Pyroclastic posted:

My last main computer monitor was a TV and didn't have any buttons accessible from the front; had to go in from above. It died, and I got a 4k monitor...which has its controls in a stupid rocker hat configuration on the back. There is no remote or instant input switching, so whenever I want to switch to consoles, I have to compete with the even going blank from no input with bringing up the OSD so I can change inputs.
I really want a remote-controlled monitor so it'd work with my Harmony.

Are you aware you can buy stand alone HDMI switches with IR remote controls? You plug your computer / consoles in to the switch, its output in to your monitor and Bob is your father's brother. Plenty of them are Harmony compatible (you can check a particular make / model here on the Harmony site)

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got a random coupon for deodorant at the supermarket check out and now I feel slightly insulted

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Dave Grool posted:

I got a random coupon for deodorant at the supermarket check out and now I feel slightly insulted

You should only be insulted if it was for like, extra strength stench-b-gone or whatever though

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Some idiot put unmarked spoilers in the PYF things in games thread for a game I was planning on playing soon.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Was the fact that Mortimer McMire isn't dead really that much of a shock?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

aardwolf posted:

Was the fact that Mortimer McMire isn't dead really that much of a shock?

What the gently caress man, I still haven't gotten around to playing Goodbye Galaxy. :argh:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BioEnchanted posted:

Some idiot put unmarked spoilers in the PYF things in games thread for a game I was planning on playing soon.

Was that me? Really sorry if it was.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
This is maybe late for you youtube recommending bad channel sufferers, but you have to not only click 'not interested' but also' tell us why' and then 'I'm not interested in this channel'. Works for me so far but I also religiously avoid on clicking anything that looks to be pro / anti alt right except to do the above because I don't want to even approach the cancer.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Y'know what I fuckin hate? Dudes that don't fuckin expedite in the crosswalk when I have a God drat green light

WALK FASTER drat YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Its -20 windchill and you're in a nice warm vehicle suck my rear end I'm not running across the street just so you can get to where you're going three seconds quicker

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Danaru posted:

Its -20 windchill and you're in a nice warm vehicle suck my rear end I'm not running across the street just so you can get to where you're going three seconds quicker

How do you know I'm not in an Ariel atom then lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That was more directed towards drivers in general :v: my fwp is the exact opposite of yours. Just today I got the walk light and some rear end in a top hat gunned it so he could drive in front of me, only missing me because I jumped backwards. Nobody around here knows what a goddamn crosswalk is or why people try to walk on them

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was nervous to buy a new phone for a day and a half despite writing like six different paycheck budgets that included weeks of groceries, laundry, and savings, and I still feel vaguely weird about having bought the new phone. My current phone isn't broken or anything, I just thought a new phone seemed cool. I'm not used to replacing things that aren't actively falling apart.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Same here, I still feel really guilty spending money sometimes even when I can afford something.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Slippery posted:

Y'know what I fuckin hate? Dudes that don't fuckin expedite in the crosswalk when I have a God drat green light

WALK FASTER drat YOU

Feck off, you're in a magic box that can transport you anywhere via a combination of sitting, flexing your ankle, and waving an arm.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Queen Combat posted:

Feck off, you're in a magic box that can transport you anywhere via a combination of sitting, flexing your ankle, and waving an arm.

Well sure, but it's rude to be inconsiderate. I cross the street quickly so I don't make people wait, is all I mean. Obviously this wouldn't apply to little kids or older folks etc, just able bodied adults who can't seem to move above a slow saunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Slippery posted:

Well sure, but it's rude to be inconsiderate. I cross the street quickly so I don't make people wait, is all I mean. Obviously this wouldn't apply to little kids or older folks etc, just able bodied adults who can't seem to move above a slow saunter.

I'm in my 30s and often have difficulty walking from invisible illnesses but okay.