Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Cygni posted:

Rolling out a car for Wickens is a classy move. Not sure I like the livery (compared to some of the wilder schemes theyve run lately) but pretty great to see a company step up to sponsor two cars like that.

Rob's all black car from the start of 500 testing was boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

looks like they'd be ready to primary sponsor three cars if Wickens' car is to be believed.

also, good, because gently caress Lucas Oil.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Cygni posted:

Rolling out a car for Wickens is a classy move. Not sure I like the livery (compared to some of the wilder schemes theyve run lately)

Black/gold or black/yellow generally produce really good liveries. But yeah, there's something about those that makes it look substandard. Too much gold up front, I think?

Cygni posted:

but pretty great to see a company step up to sponsor two cars like that.

uh mate

There are three cars there

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

at least one car should be all gold like the Warsteiner sponsored Arrows

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Someone please answer Brainwrong, I barely remember last season because of the huge party I threw after Dixon won: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875388&perpage=40&pagenumber=60#post491828181

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

St. Pete, Detroit 2, Iowa, and St. Louis were my faves.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
10 Races for MSR in 2019. Harvey is the driver.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

10 Races for MSR in 2019. Harvey is the driver.

Hell yeah

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond posted:

It's kinda nuts they ran on the Sanair oval. The place was a deathring.

I finished Sanair 1985. Crazy race. Villeneuve Sr. ran into the back of Bobby Rahal before the end of the race, right before the checkered flag Pancho Carter got the jump on Johnny Rutherford on the restart and won (but it was later revoked) with like 100m meters to go.

CART seemingly didn't know what place Carter was in until the final 2 laps, as they had him classed as like 6th which became 2nd in a a matter of 20 seconds. I can understand Rutherford's position but I think Pancho was in the right. It's probably the best short oval race I've ever seen. Here is the video, I'd like to hear what you guys think;

https://youtu.be/VcwKutLCXCE?t=6650

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/robertwickens/status/1087788454392418304

The fact that the dude has feeling/control enough to make a few steps is insanely encouraging.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cygni posted:

https://twitter.com/robertwickens/status/1087788454392418304

The fact that the dude has feeling/control enough to make a few steps is insanely encouraging.

Whatever comes of it, I just hope he walks unassisted again.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Frond posted:

I finished Sanair 1985. Crazy race. Villeneuve Sr. ran into the back of Bobby Rahal before the end of the race, right before the checkered flag Pancho Carter got the jump on Johnny Rutherford on the restart and won (but it was later revoked) with like 100m meters to go.

CART seemingly didn't know what place Carter was in until the final 2 laps, as they had him classed as like 6th which became 2nd in a a matter of 20 seconds. I can understand Rutherford's position but I think Pancho was in the right. It's probably the best short oval race I've ever seen. Here is the video, I'd like to hear what you guys think;

https://youtu.be/VcwKutLCXCE?t=6650

That is... bizarre. Since when would they go green for literally the distance from the corner to the checkered?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1087861224828620800

:getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Unassisted right leg? Holy poo poo, he's actually doing it. What a loving boss.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

Whatever comes of it, I just hope he walks unassisted again.

I really hope he can come back to compete. But most importantly, that he can return back to a “normal” life, regardless of racing again if he can walk and live like normal that’ll be a great success.

That he’s so close to attaining that already? What a miracle.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

harperdc posted:

I really hope he can come back to compete. But most importantly, that he can return back to a “normal” life, regardless of racing again if he can walk and live like normal that’ll be a great success.

That he’s so close to attaining that already? What a miracle.

Yeah, when the crash happened I really didn't expect he would be doing this well after just 5 months.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The Bourdais/Vasser/Sullivan/Coyne project will continue for at least 2019 and 2020.

https://racer.com/2019/01/23/new-multi-year-deal-for-bourdais-coyne-vasser-sullivan/

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
drat the Snake Pit lineup this year is really good, I hope it isn't oppressively hot like it was last year

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Andretti is going to announce a driver for one of its Indy 500 rides tomorrow morning. Rumor is that it is Conor Daly.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Cygni posted:

Andretti is going to announce a driver for one of its Indy 500 rides tomorrow morning. Rumor is that it is Conor Daly.

The announcement is on a 10am teleconference, I'll be on it so I'll be sure to post it up

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

KingShibby posted:

drat the Snake Pit lineup this year is really good, I hope it isn't oppressively hot like it was last year

My phone...literally has paint melted off the case from that day.

I might go again to the race btw. If just to escape Rutlege Wood and his shithead antics that will be on TV.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God help me, I'm already watching Indy 500 youtubes

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

The Kimoa Kid posted:

one of us one of us one of us

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I went to the Chili Bowl and upon making a comparison to Larson's luck there to Michael Andretti? I went to watch the 1991 and 1992 races.

That place and that race just lives up to everything that an auto race should be.

You could race drat golf carts there. People would still show up drunk, tearing up to "Back home again", and cheering on Kanaan or something when he would make a pass for the lead.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 30, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

You could race drat golf carts there and people would still show up drunk, tearing up to "Back home again", and cheering on Kanaan or something when he would take the elad.

You're goddamn right.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

FuzzySkinner posted:

You could race drat golf carts there.

It's Indy, and Indy is for racing.

And the one MacKenzie River Pizza outside of Montana/Idaho, apparently.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cygni posted:

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/1090621958419632129

How does he keep getting rides? And how many cars are we up to now?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 30, 2019

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

How does he keep getting rides?

Conor is the loving man and deserves an Indy 500 ride. Beyond that is pretty meh though

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Conor is a fan favourite.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Conor got lots of praise for his Harding stint. Glad Andretti is rewarding him with a ride.

That’s 30 confirmed car+drivers for Indy. Juncos, D&R, Coyne, Foyt, and SPM all have rumors/speculation about entries too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Conor is a bit of a tryhard but I have nothing bad to say about him as a driver

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i think we are gonna like Felix

https://twitter.com/PremaFANS/status/1090331988089860102

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/robertwickens/status/1090784174817058818

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

rocks so hard

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

:unsmith:

owns

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

that man is my hero

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He deserves (and will probably get) a hero's welcome at Indy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

He had the speed to get to GP3 and GP2 and win in GP3, he was on par with guys who have won the Indy 500 and the IndyCar championship. He’s either made bad choices or had bad luck depending on how you look at it (it’s a very good question why Foyt dropped him after one year), but he’s hustled to try and stay involved. I hope he does well and can catch on full-time, he has the talent to be fast and is a good character for the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh man, is that good to see.