Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, this.

I'm not going to suggest almond milk because it was a thing in, what? One episode?

Two, at least three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Also, it's a nice callback. Chidi said he thought he was in the Bad Place because he would drink almond milk, which was ethically dubious, and it turns out he was right!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I think Chidi and chili go hand in hand. It just stands out to me more from the episodes than almond milk.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I mean really it's stomachaches but that's not a physical object.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
What about the pink “Who What When Where Wine” T-shirt he puts on to cover his impressive physique as a representative of Chidi?

E: or maybe a chalkboard

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
The Time Knife.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Yeah, yeah, the time knife. We've all seen it.

e:fb

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Thanks guys, I ended up going with a copy of What We Owe to Each Other. I'll post it here when I'm done!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I have been loving this show but this last episode sucked. They spent way too much time on too little material.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
So apparently Mike Schur is making a new show premiering in March called Abby.

https://uproxx.com/tv/abbys-mike-schur-good-place-natalie-morales/

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

So apparently Mike Schur is making a new show premiering in March called Abby.

https://uproxx.com/tv/abbys-mike-schur-good-place-natalie-morales/

I mean, it doesn't sound all that great, but on the other hand I think I've thought that with every new Mike Schur show so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

NBC also ordered a pilot for a Kal Penn sitcom that Schur is producing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Jesus christ how many shows can one person make at the same time :psyduck:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Jesus christ how many shows can one person make at the same time :psyduck:

the Ryan Murphy method of television production

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm legit worried this is gonna lead to some of them dropping in quality, like this season of Good Place was a little on the ropey side compared to S2 already. :ohdear:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm legit worried this is gonna lead to some of them dropping in quality, like this season of Good Place was a little on the ropey side compared to S2 already. :ohdear:

Says you. I really loved this season, janet(s) and jeremy bearimy are two of my favorite episodes in the show.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This all depends on how involves Schur is going to be in this new show. He's not very directly involved in Brooklyn Nine-Nine anymore, for example, but he is with The Good Place. He might be creating the new show but then stepping back to producing after the pilot or something. Or maybe he's going to leave more of The Good Place showrunning to one of the other writers, who knows.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I must have missed where Chidi was in the Bad Place because of almond milk. Which episode was that in?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Taint posted:

I must have missed where Chidi was in the Bad Place because of almond milk. Which episode was that in?

It's a running gag from the finale of Season 1 through episode 2 of Season 2 where each time he finds out he's in the Bad Place, he thinks it's because of almond milk (until he finds out the real reason).

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

It's a running gag from the finale of Season 1 through episode 2 of Season 2 where each time he finds out he's in the Bad Place, he thinks it's because of almond milk (until he finds out the real reason).

(and, as it turns out, consuming almond milk was actually part of the reason)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Harrow posted:

No, I know about the running gag. I just must have missed where it was confirmed as part of the reason he's there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Your Taint posted:

No, I know about the running gag. I just must have missed where it was confirmed as part of the reason he's there.

it's not explicitly called out, it's just part of the unintended consequences of a complicated world

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ohh, okay, I am not very bright and cannot follow conversations :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

put chidi driving a speeding trolley while trying to read some immanuel kant

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Harrow posted:

This all depends on how involves Schur is going to be in this new show. He's not very directly involved in Brooklyn Nine-Nine anymore, for example, but he is with The Good Place. He might be creating the new show but then stepping back to producing after the pilot or something. Or maybe he's going to leave more of The Good Place showrunning to one of the other writers, who knows.

In the latest podcast he talks about how his attitude towards writers when it comes to bug scenes is to avoid giving them more direction than necessary and is very complimentary towards Megan Amran and her writing. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her taking on more creative control.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

In the latest podcast he talks about how his attitude towards writers when it comes to bug scenes is to avoid giving them more direction than necessary and is very complimentary towards Megan Amran and her writing. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her taking on more creative control.

Yeah, I was gonna say if they announced Megan Amram was taking over showrunning I wouldn't be too worried. Well I might be worried because we'd definitely all die in the resulting flood of puns but honestly that's not a terrible way to go

Harrow fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 30, 2019

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

iajanus posted:

Wonder if she'll get some training on how to do an Australian accent before next year.

Sad part is that it's a pretty good Kiwi accent.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Open Source Idiom posted:

Sad part is that it's a pretty good Kiwi accent.

I just rewatched a couple of her scenes and I'm a little concerned that you haven't heard any NZers speak before.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Which scenes had bugs?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Y'all keep talking as if she sounds like an inhuman proto-australian monster; she has the exact same accent as my mother, who moved to Australia from England when she was 8.

My mum ain't no monster :mad:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Whalley posted:

Y'all keep talking as if she sounds like an inhuman proto-australian monster; she has the exact same accent as my mother, who moved to Australia from England when she was 8.

My mum ain't no monster :mad:

No, but much like my mum who had a similar life story to yours she has an accent that's a mix between English and Australian, in Kirby's case leaning heavily on English (with a bit of a caricature of Aussie twang thrown in).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
In spite of how many Australian podcasts I listen to, I still have trouble differentiating Australian and British accents. But somehow, I have no problem telling Australian apart from NZ.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

inthesto posted:

In spite of how many Australian podcasts I listen to, I still have trouble differentiating Australian and British accents. But somehow, I have no problem telling Australian apart from NZ.

Now throw South African accents into the mix and watch the general confusion increase.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This season wasn't as funny as seasons 1 or 2, but it did good work for being a middle season. It had to spend a lot of time putting pieces into place, which can make it difficult to keep the jokes up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think aside from the somewhat lackluster finale, part of the issue was that Tahani and Jason got almost completely sidelined. Tahani got that one episode where she confronted her sister but otherwise she played confidante and rich person jokes pretty much the whole season.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I just finished rewatching this show start to finish. I don't feel like there was a drop in the quality of the dialogue in S3, but I do agree more of the episodes were foundational and maybe the story was a little weak. I still enjoy it all.

One of my favorite things about this show is how positive Eleanor is when it comes to attractive people, including herself. The comments she just throws in about someone being a straight hottie, or having a rockin bod are just great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think people are selling this season short. Janets and Legend of Donkey Doug are like top 5 episodes. The monster truck taxi might be one of the best visual jokes yet.

Also, Jeremy Bearimy baby.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Somehow missed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSV8rFuyE2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

iajanus posted:

I just rewatched a couple of her scenes and I'm a little concerned that you haven't heard any NZers speak before.

My favourite thing to do is asking Australians to do a kiwi accent, it's hilarious each and every time.

"fush and chups"