Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The reason Sherman stopped was because the plantation owners were white. Just look up his record during the Indian War if you want to see what he would've done if they failed the paper bag test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I see forums poster Trebuchet King has started a new business.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hang on a sec I gotta put you on hold to get a screenshot of this

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Lets just say the device can launch projectiles up to 90kg over a distance of 300 meters, and no John-law can tell you or me differently, but you didn't hear that from me.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
taking that car battery delivery device to the ocean, totally legal and feeling good

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Heath posted:

Hang on a sec I gotta put you on hold to get a screenshot of this

"Well of course it's heartbreaking, but even with chemo there was never any real chance...hang on I gotta screenshot this, it's for a thread. anyway I mean you gotta move on, Mom"

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ain't this the loving truth

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

aw poo poo :same:

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
was this posted yet
https://youtu.be/11w7GXRu32E

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

MizPiz posted:

The reason Sherman stopped was because the plantation owners were white. Just look up his record during the Indian War if you want to see what he would've done if they failed the paper bag test.

the only reason he was on the norths side was because he was a weirdo patriot who hated war and so he was like ok ill teach them war and was a war crime machine. He didn't gaf about anyone but the landed gentry.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I would love a musical of Sherman’s march to the sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUM_9qAoOZY

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

snergle posted:

the only reason he was on the norths side was because he was a weirdo patriot who hated war and so he was like ok ill teach them war and was a war crime machine. He didn't gaf about anyone but the landed gentry.

Is it really a war crime if it’s done to slavers though?

(not talking about his actions during the Indian wars. That’s unambiguous warcrime territory)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Imagine being such an insecure pissbaby that you get defensive when people acknowledge that serial killers whose entire career was predicated on the fact that they were good-looking and charismatic enough to avoid suspicion are in fact good-looking and charismatic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Guy Mann posted:

Imagine being such an insecure pissbaby that you get defensive when people acknowledge that serial killers whose entire career was predicated on the fact that they were good-looking and charismatic enough to avoid suspicion are in fact good-looking and charismatic.

Imagine arguing with a meme

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hi. Not one serial killer ever eluded police because they were competent and attractive.

They eluded police because cops are loving morons. The "brilliant detectives in a cat and mouse game" thing is Hollywood fiction. Cops are god drat nitwits.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You forget that they immediately caught the brilliant Peter Madsen

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gotta get me on of these signs.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hi. Not one serial killer ever eluded police because they were competent and attractive.

They eluded police because cops are loving morons. The "brilliant detectives in a cat and mouse game" thing is Hollywood fiction. Cops are god drat nitwits.

Bundy went back to the murder scene of one of his victims while the police were investigating it and retrieved her shoes without them noticing.

The only accurate depiction of police in fiction is the Keystone Cops.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Memento posted:

Bundy went back to the murder scene of one of his victims while the police were investigating it and retrieved her shoes without them noticing.

Yep.

A Dahmer victim ran out to cops asking for help. Dahmer said "lol my gay lover is just drunk, I'll take him home" and the cops just shrugged and moved on.

That wasn't Dahmer being some kind of charisma wizard using jedi mind tricks. Cops are just literally utterly loving useless simpletons that failed at life so hard they became cops.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yep.

A Dahmer victim ran out to cops asking for help. Dahmer said "lol my gay lover is just drunk, I'll take him home" and the cops just shrugged and moved on.

That wasn't Dahmer being some kind of charisma wizard using jedi mind tricks. Cops are just literally utterly loving useless simpletons that failed at life so hard they became cops.

they did more than shrug, they laughed and joked about it. And they never saw any consequences, either.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WAKE ME UP

(wake me up for snacks)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's the reason I secretly follow the competent and attractive around, looking in their window, read their tweets, stare at their photos, working endlessly to see if they get up to any murdering.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Karate Bastard posted:

That's the reason I secretly follow the competent and attractive around, looking in their window, read their tweets, stare at their photos, working endlessly to see if they get up to any murdering.

It's cold out there. Please, come inside.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Same. Of course the incompetent idiot cops keep trying to stop me

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Memento posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL895peZpqY

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

It's cold out there. Please, come inside.

For the millionth time I'm not looking at your bush dude. I'm trying to see cross the street same as you. Now stop giving away my position and hand me those binoculars.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Cops may be dumb, but serial killers are dumber.

At least cops figured out they could legally become career murders and get paid for it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

they did more than shrug, they laughed and joked about it. And they never saw any consequences, either.

Oh, it's worse.

They got fired, then the police union bitched that they were fired without cause so they had to hire them back.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jamesman posted:

Cops may be dumb, but serial killers are dumber.

At least cops figured out they could legally become career murders and get paid for it.

Yeah, but if their end goal is doing murders, the serial killers get much more chance to ply their trade. Plus, there's little chance of actually being caught.

Anytime a serial killer is caught, it's a major event. And yet at any given time there are estimated to be 2000+ serial killers operating in north america alone. How many of those do they catch? One, two maybe. It's basically a rounding error. There are something like a quarter of a million unsolved murder just in the last 40 years alone. You can do your serial murders on the side, and have a better job than being a cop as your main gig.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It is shockingly easy to get away with murdering multiple people.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Whatever your crime is, eat all the evidence.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Caufman posted:

Whatever your crime is, eat all the evidence.

This is why pigs are the most prolific serial killers in the world

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And yet at any given time there are estimated to be 2000+ serial killers operating in north america alone.

Cite? Everything I've ever read said there might be 40-50 in the US at any one time, at the absolute high end.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Randaconda posted:

Cite? Everything I've ever read said there might be 40-50 in the US at any one time, at the absolute high end.

I don't know, read it somewhere. It might be worldwide, or it might be something like 40-50 known, but 2000 total estimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
From what I've read there's estimated to only be a couple dozen active at a time. Serial killers are absurdly rare; that's one of the reasons they make the news when one gets caught. The number of murders in 2017 was around 17,000 in a nation of over 300,000,000 people. The inherent rarity of serial killers and how incredibly deviant that thought process is is what makes them so morbidly fascinating. You can't help but look at somebody like a Ted Bundy or a Jeffrey Dahmer and think "...what the gently caress?"