Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

You're not wrong, but Branco isn't smart enough for that to be a deliberate reference.

It definitely feels like he's purposely referencing something though, I'm curious what it is if not the blatant-fascism thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I see Rob Smith Jr. is still the eternal candidate for Thread's Dumbest Man.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I've heard of "no labels" but never "no names."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:females:

AngrySpork posted:

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1090758816818515975

Good lord, Zesty, you got him to come out as a quasi-sovereign citizen. :psyduck:

(This was a good poop touching)

edit: I would also like to add that Rob Smith Junior seems to think that Cortez was her fathers name, when her father's name was actually Ocasio. Her mothers maiden name was Cortez, but she changed it upon marrying. So Rob Smith Junior is just really, really, really wrong.

He blew up my phone with replies an hour ago while I was working. You beat me to it.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 31, 2019

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Names are meaningless except in these two instances that are important to human civilization where they are necessary."

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Zesty posted:

He blew up my phone with replies an hour ago while I was working. You beat me to it.

Yea, Rob Smith Junior is loving nuts. He drove the train to Crazy Town, and decided to keep going.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zesty posted:

Okay so this is definitely because multiple names make it harder for him to send mail.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol the waspiest take

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He's gonna end up in a padded room screaming about naming etiquette.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trazz posted:

I love how Branco's new site is "Flag And Cross." A reference to the Lewis Sinclair quote, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." He's not even pretending that he isn't a fascist anymore.

Flag and Cross is some college kid's lovely opinion blog; it's wholly owned by Romulus Marketing LLC, notable for its fash-as-gently caress name and the fact that three of its executives are named Vallorani. Their blog hasn't updated since 2017 but the last article was a repost from Smart Business Online about the benefits of hiring family members.

Smart Business Online appears to be a standard Jesus and Capitalism bootlick rag.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Just alternate the A-B-A panel sequence with B-A-B every other day.

No, the joke is jam yesterday and jam tomorrow, never jam today.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zesty posted:

No one tell him that names are just abstract, arbitrary, made up bullshit. I don’t think he could handle that.

I like how he speaks about how ONLY MEN get to carry on the family name, which is another arbitrary rule that isn’t even a rule, and he doesn’t even see any issue with that.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I find it hard to believe that this submoronic sperg was never a member of these forums.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Somfin posted:

Flag and Cross is some college kid's lovely opinion blog; it's wholly owned by Romulus Marketing LLC, notable for its fash-as-gently caress name and the fact that three of its executives are named Vallorani. Their blog hasn't updated since 2017 but the last article was a repost from Smart Business Online about the benefits of hiring family members.

Smart Business Online appears to be a standard Jesus and Capitalism bootlick rag.

So I'm guessing there's a lot of think pieces about why Federation listening posts need to be wiped out from the Neutral Zone?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

This comic would have made me chuckle for the :dadjoke: if he just labeled the stone "Rodger"

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

This comic would have made me chuckle for the :dadjoke: if he just labeled the stone "Rodger"

Far too clever for JRROSE.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

londonarbuckle posted:

Far too clever for JRROSE.

but that's totally his brand. He even used the word "Stone" in the description.
he could have underlined it and everything.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Zesty posted:

Man... I see Rob Stone Jr. hasn't got any smarter since I ducked out of this thread a couple of years ago, but... that's a loving adorable twitter icon, I gotta say.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

but that's totally his brand. He even used the word "Stone" in the description.
he could have underlined it and everything.

Nah, actual good dad jokes are far beyond his abilities. His true brand is overexplaining everything until it barely counts as a joke anymore.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

This is great, who is it?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

This is great, who is it?

Mike Luckovich

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I genuinely appreciate Bagley's use of Columbia instead of Uncle Sam in this cartoon. A historical trivia-friendly cartoon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Some people are directly insulting Rob Smith Jr on twitter there and I don't think that's cool. It's much better to see him embarrass himself by simply asking him to clarify and maybe point out his logic doesn't necessarily hold up rather than "lol you're too dumb to figure out mail."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Raised By Birds posted:

I mean I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Howard Schultz appeared in Prickly City. Seems right up Carmen (and according to the current arc, I guess also Winslow)'s alley.

More a question of how he would be presented. A tiny human? Some sort of coffee-related animal? A pair of legs with the upper body off frame?

I really hope he shows up, but by the time he does his campaign bid is already over.

I was hoping there’d be some Richard Ojeda cartoons, so they could talk about his exciting presidential campaign launch after the campaign ended.

Also, if it’s wrong to use a name other than the official one, why does he keep calling AOC “Alex?” Has she ever used that name?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zesty posted:

Some people are directly insulting Rob Smith Jr on twitter there and I don't think that's cool. It's much better to see him embarrass himself by simply asking him to clarify and maybe point out his logic doesn't necessarily hold up rather than "lol you're too dumb to figure out mail."
Writing longer names on an envelope would explain a lot about his dogged discourse on the subject..

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

I think the "Nancy" label is a BIT unnecessary... but I do think the juice box and the Russia pin are nice touches.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What's that 4 in a row?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Tinsley will never say "Lifestyle Bowl", but he will namedrop it in the comic he has complete creative control over.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Good, tacit approval of fascists with both sides bullshit should be scary.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That did not go where I was expecting. No, Louis C.K. should not return to comedy and he should not be making any more jokes about sexual harassment

Louis C.K is irredeemable for probably the rest of his life. Not because of what he did but because of how he handled the backlash. He denied it for as long as he possible could. Then when backed into a corner with no escape, he came clean with the whole "Had no idea how it affected the women"

Except that this should have been his original response when the accusations first came out years ago (back when he found out how it affected the women). Not his last response when all other options were exhausted. It demonstrates that he does not give a poo poo about how it affected the women and that he is willing to say or do anything if he thinks it will make the problem go away.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That's a weird phobia.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

The gently caress is going on in the middle of this comic?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think the laptop is on his lap, Mallard is sitting on the floor, and all you see are his feet in front and head behind it.

The head has been copy-pasted from a different perspective, I assume.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Hell yeah: https://www.theonion.com/immigration-officials-beef-up-u-s-mexican-border-with-1819564103

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
No no you have to call it the lifestyleb owel

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

loquacius posted:

It definitely feels like he's purposely referencing something though, I'm curious what it is if not the blatant-fascism thing

I'll hazard that it's just the lazy proto-fascist rationale of "yeah, fascism is on the rise in America, because rich white men are being held accountable for their crimes and we have politicians suggesting actual leftist policy like universal health care and a sane tax rate for millionaires without getting lynched."

KillerJunglist posted:

The gently caress is going on in the middle of this comic?

Reminder that most cartoons, particularly the "funny" strips are submitted in black and white and colored by someone further down the ladder. That's probably supposed to be his hands, but the colorist got confused because the perspective is terrible and Tinsley couldn't be assed to draw a torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I really don't understand how Schultz is viewed as a spoiler for Democrats when he would clearly lock down the vote from all the Republicans that like to pretend that Trump doesn't represent them.