Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

I mean, they did say the freezing process outright killed Tsukasa, but the petrification ray is basically magic so they're counting on preserving Tsukasa's freshly-dead body at least being good enough to still let it work.

Which doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to think would work after knowing that statues can be revived after being broken and put back together even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

They made a pretty big deal out of Senku killing Tsukasa with his own hands. The way they framed it Tsukasa probably could've survived for a fair bit longer on his own, just not for the months if not years it'll take to prepare to travel across the world, actually do cross the world, find the petrification ray, then return home to cure him.

This page makes it ambiguous to me.
Senku keeps on talking to Tsukasa who is lying near the freezer. Only after Senku has been monologuing for a while, Tsukasa is put into the freezer.
Waiting for Tsukasa to fall asleep to freeze him doesn't really mix with the framing of the scene. It doesn't depict Senku as the one taking his life and instead Tsukasa peacefully passing away.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If the petrification and depetrification effect can heal traumatic brain damage, no reason it can't fix cells bursting from cyrogenic freezing.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Unfortunately, there was a petrified sparrow mixed in there too, resulting in a 'The Fly' situation.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

So he's going to look even more like Kars?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1089697832993357824?s=19

:bignews: Dr. Stone is on the list so now it can be legally read worldwide. And it's thanks to science creating the internet and, also, probably capitalism, thus Ryusui was right.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
That's great, but come on, guys, give me some drat rss feeds to keep up with releases. I refuse to add yet another website/app to the 'constantly check just in case there's new content' pile in TYOOL 2019.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

I also read HE hunt for energy, which is pretty much the Dr Stone prototype. Which makes me wonder how much of dr Stone Inagaki Riichiro actually writes.
I'll have to read that later, but I absolutely put the bulk of the writing responsibility on Inagaki. The character development and plot building in Dr. Stone is outstanding and he worked similar magic in Eyeshield 21.

As for the science, that's our good friend Science Consultant Kurare.

Mygna posted:

That's great, but come on, guys, give me some drat rss feeds to keep up with releases. I refuse to add yet another website/app to the 'constantly check just in case there's new content' pile in TYOOL 2019.
It comes out on the same day at the same time every week my friend.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 31, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea boichi's art is unique and cool but idk that I'd put "good writer" in his list of credentials

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea boichi's art is unique and cool but idk that I'd put "good writer" in his list of credentials

Yea, I was complaining about Origin earlier itt and its just so bizzare and aimless and chapters seem to end just at random points instead of every single chapter being a small story

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Boichi isn't a great writer. At this point however I'd be willing to let TOSH take a whack at it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, I was complaining about Origin earlier itt and its just so bizzare and aimless and chapters seem to end just at random points instead of every single chapter being a small story

Having just caught up to Origin after binging it, I have to agree. Origin feels like it has a good story, but the pacing is horrible and they can really stand still for multiple chapters at a time to exposition to each other. Which makes HE even weirder. Maybe Kurare was also involved there.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'll have to read that later, but I absolutely put the bulk of the writing responsibility on Inagaki. The character development and plot building in Dr. Stone is outstanding and he worked similar magic in Eyeshield 21.

As for the science, that's our good friend Science Consultant Kurare.

I should point out HE is unfinished.

Bread acquired!
That reporter lady pose though. She really wants it. :eyepop:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that was certainly not the type of bread I was expecting. I also have doubts that it can last 10 months.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Very alcoholic fruit cakes do last ages .my mam makes Christmas cake and then spends the next few months eating it because nobody else wants to

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's kinda like fruitcake which can definitely last months and months.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Butler is awesome. A good addition to the cast.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

How androgynous do you gotta be if people can't even guess at your sex when looking at your naked body

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They're very prudish and polite and avoid staring at the junk or lack thereof

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

She has spend SO MUCH TIME putting together old men dicks on the statues she repaired. I'm sure Yuzuriha has developed some kind of mental block.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Butler has perfected posing with one leg in front of their groin at all naked times, even when petrified.

Also, Butler is good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wow, besides arguably Tsukasa (I mean he came around in the end but he was a real dick-weasel for a bit) they've kinda been real lucky on these revivals.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wow, besides arguably Tsukasa (I mean he came around in the end but he was a real dick-weasel for a bit) they've kinda been real lucky on these revivals.

I don't know if it's really lucky in this case since they revived someone someone already unpetrified directly knows.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well they have been more selective.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ryusui could actually be a really pernicious piece of poo poo if not for Senku and Gen manipulating him so effectively.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fabricated posted:

It's kinda like fruitcake which can definitely last months and months.
Yeah. As long as it's kept dry it's far too sweet and too much alcohol for bacteria and molds to grow easily since it leeches the water from their cells, kind of like how honey does.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Did they say if they were going to follow the American coast southwards? That would at least open up opportunities for forage and fishing to supplement what would be an incredibly monotonous diet of... fruitcake

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Stollen is also insanely dense and dry which probably helps.

I am still eating stollen from Christmas time sales.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Patware posted:

iirc, totally fine uninjured tsukasa was like "if i terminally piss taiju off i'm pretty sure we pair annihilate"

IIRC, what Tsukasa said was "if I had to fight him, I'd have no choice but to kill him." So he's too strong to be subdued without using lethal force, but Tsukasa could obviously still beat him.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eej posted:

Did they say if they were going to follow the American coast southwards? That would at least open up opportunities for forage and fishing to supplement what would be an incredibly monotonous diet of... fruitcake

I remember us talking about it in the thread, but I don't remember Senku saying anything specific about the route. He might believe Ryuusui is good enough to get them across the ocean without sticking to coasts, which would cut months off of the travel time.

There's also the problem of the coasts possibly having changed.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder if there will be sea monsters.

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 7, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Best character confirmed

It's the old man. :)

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 7, 2019

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
This was known, but it's always good to be reminded.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goddamn, Kaseki's the best. And the camera thing hit me far harder than I would've expected such a thing to.

Science is good, y'all.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kaiseki ftw.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy cow, what a great chapter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like how the people who were petrified have different reactions to food than the people from the village

BREADORGASM vs. real food yay! Its a real nice way to show the differences between the two times.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Goddamn Kaiseki is a loving treasure.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I love this manga.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Ryusui annoyed me a ton at first but lately he hasn't been so bad. Kaiseki was always fantastic, and Chrome's reaction to the mirror was entertaining as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Ryusui is walking a thin line. But I loving love how Senku and Gen abuse the gently caress out of his greed in order to get what they want.
Him always realizing this a bit too late is perfect. Like when he bought all the clothes, then going wait... Did I gently caress up?