Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pittsburgh is not that big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Pittsburgh is not that big

Correct. And there is basically one bar where people watch soccer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Angry_Ed posted:

Perhaps Mark Madden is the It Follows of wrestling commentators

Wise old Gypsy Woman: The only way to get rid of him is to pass on the curse by having sex.
Wrestling Fan: I'M DOOMED! :gonk:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

On more than one occasion (twice) I have been at a bar and turned around to see who was being casually racist behind me and found Mark Madden.

A bar bathroom with a mirror isn't really that notable

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Mark Madden got Bill Watts fired

What has Cole done

One time he let Grandmaster Sexay call him Michael Cole-slaw

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Smoking Crow posted:

Mark Madden got Bill Watts fired

What has Cole done

Remember one of the Tribute to the Troops there was like a bomb attack close by to their base and Cole had to put on his serious reporter face to talk about it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know there isn't much wrestling audio this week so I have a solution

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1090810240294178817

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

jesus WEP posted:

WON is almost always good if you want news and Dave’s opinion on important shows

B&V has the retro show, which everyone loves, the granny show which splits opinion, and the NWA show which apparently lots of people skip but it’s a great listen especially if you want to hear Bryan bury terrible 80s jobbers

Pacific Rim is fantastic

Filthy 4 is terrible, Observer Live is terrible, both because Bryan’s co hosts are insufferable

filthy 4 is the best show on the network.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Kimoa Kid posted:

On more than one occasion (twice) I have been at a bar and turned around to see who was being casually racist behind me and found Mark Madden.

so he's a Yinzer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cole is not a great announcer who can call a match anywhere and make it huge, but he is definitely the all time best at doing the weird WWE PR/Vince Sermons/Advertising/Match Calling hybrid with a straight face that has taken hold in the WWE over the years.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Rick posted:

Cole is not a great announcer who can call a match anywhere and make it huge, but he is definitely the all time best at doing the weird WWE PR/Vince Sermons/Advertising/Match Calling hybrid with a straight face that has taken hold in the WWE over the years.

So he's the best of all time at doing bad announcing?

If you watched the year+ of heel Michael Cole you would have zero regrets on saying you would be happy if he went away forever.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone send me their f4w login please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Someone send me their f4w login please

Here's mine:

User: paydave
Pass: youcheapbastard

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Doesn't work

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I don't much care for the newsletter and it's just a big text dump that's kinda inconvenient to navigate but the audio is worth the subscription price imo. Kinda crummy that they're charging extra for video but whatever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ichiban was banned forever ago

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Been back multiple times

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

I don't much care for the newsletter and it's just a big text dump that's kinda inconvenient to navigate but the audio is worth the subscription price imo. Kinda crummy that they're charging extra for video but whatever.

I'll read the newsletter when a big story is happening but yeah in general I just stick to the (massive amount of) audio. I'm happy they keep the video stuff separate because I'd never bother with it, but it does bug me that one of the reasons they stopped doing songs is because their entire video channel got suspended once for like a 30 second piece of music and now Bryan won't risk that happening again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like the newsletters a lot because they're faster to consume than the podcasts and I can read them at work

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

I like the newsletters a lot because they're faster to consume than the podcasts and I can read them at work

Same. One of the ideas he's had for while he can't type is to do shows every day and post a text summary along with them. Sounds like the best of both worlds IMO.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

I'll read the newsletter when a big story is happening but yeah in general I just stick to the (massive amount of) audio. I'm happy they keep the video stuff separate because I'd never bother with it, but it does bug me that one of the reasons they stopped doing songs is because their entire video channel got suspended once for like a 30 second piece of music and now Bryan won't risk that happening again.

They definitely increased the amount of gestures they do as well. It may only be slightly, but the video has negatively impacted the podcasts.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It seems weird that several podcasts are switching to video when the last few years of journalism job holocaust have shown us that most people actually do not want videos at all and the entire "pivot" to video was a big con game of internet advertising and big corps wanting to lay people off. Additionally, your entire revenue source can be cut off instantly by a DMCA takedown request (like Bryan got) or Youtube TOS changes.

I love podcasts because they are convenient and I can listen to them almost anywhere. I'm have no desire to watch Bryan and Vinny sit in chairs and discuss wrestling or watch fat guys sitting in chairs discussing bad movies.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The only time I might want to watch the B&V show is the Christmas show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone post the gif of Bryan falling off his chair.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

mariooncrack posted:

The only time I might want to watch the B&V show is the Christmas show.

Thats the only video i've bought.

I drive around alot due to work so having access to a massive archive plus the near daily content means i can load up on loads of content for the drive so thats worth the few quid a month in my eyes.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Your Parents posted:

filthy 4 is the best show on the network.

One of the worst takes in the history of this board, and consider the ground that covers

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Lawlor's an unfunny douchebag

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just noticed that’s the same poster who said WALTER is bad in another thread so lmao fly away troll

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

WALTER looks like a giant baby

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Giant angry baby

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Here for Actually Bading WALTER

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i love the tom show so much that dfd should pm me where he gets the b&v youtube shows from :monocle:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
G Raffe is the best member of the site.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CascadeBeta posted:

G Raffe is the best member of the site.

Not even above Sempervive.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Wazzu posted:

So he's the best of all time at doing bad announcing?

Pretty much. Although I find it interesting that WWE has created their own style of announcing that is so detached from what normal wrestling announcing is that it can flummox good announcers who can call just about anything.

And yeah heel Cole was terrible.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nothing Cole's done has been as bad as the commentary when talking about Mandy Rose during the Rumble.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Nothing Cole's done has been as bad as the commentary when talking about Mandy Rose during the Rumble.

Oh God what did they say? Was king back and looking for puppies?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Oh God what did they say? Was king back and looking for puppies?

It wasn't anything terrible on its own, but it was just a regular stream of comments that actively distracted from anything that was happening.

Enough comments that you couldn't miss it, but not enough that it became generic white noise.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jnco chat starts at around 36 minutes into the latest Hoopzchat (TJ Wilson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So did Dave put out any type of observer today?