Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
my company fired a long time client recently because one of our guys on their site used his stop work authority in a potential multiple fatality situation, and was sent home by the client, along with the crew that was loving up.

our boss came in to a meeting the next week hopping mad and was like, "we are finding work for him, don't ever hesitate to use your stop work because we will protect you."

I like my company, im a terrible leftist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Coxswain Balls posted:

This is a pro click. I saw the first part, but seeing a billionaire get scared and subsequently dunked on was delicious.

watching the yahoo dude get whiny about being asked to pay his loving taxes set me off on this thing I've been thinking about recently, about how stupid and feckless the wealthy are today. Like Andrew Carnegie was a monster, but he knew what he was. He had to do a balancing act between philanthropic largesse and just straight up murdering strikers, and had this whole carrot/stick thing going on, because they knew if they hosed up the peasants would come to the castle gate. They don't have that anymore. Wealth has so ossified these people that they no longer even regard the poor as animals, and they're just mad about being asked to make the tiniest concession to keep their head out from under the blade.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scary! posted:

lol what an evil gently caress

I have a co-worker who honestly believes you shouldn't ever poo poo at work.

I try not to poop in the morning just so I can get paid for it.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If there’s one thing that helps me be productive it’s the constant uneasy, nagging feeling of struggling to hold in a crap so I don’t poo myself

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

pounding off at work is self care

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I store up all my poo poo like a poo poo squirrel over the weekend and deposit it all at work on Monday because the toilets in my apartment are those awful early low-flows where they hadn't figured out how to make it work yet

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Len posted:

most weeks i can manage to make it monday to friday without pooping anywhere but work

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I love working new jobsites because it means there will be a new place for me to get paid to poo poo

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
If you don't sit on the toilet for at least 15 minutes a shift then you're scabbing on yourself

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

i do all my best posting from there

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I try to urinate on every site I work at. If only for the quiet monent of reflection where I gaze slack jawed at the trees and think about how I'll spend that few cents of piss money.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Target Practice posted:

my company fired a long time client recently because one of our guys on their site used his stop work authority in a potential multiple fatality situation, and was sent home by the client, along with the crew that was loving up.

our boss came in to a meeting the next week hopping mad and was like, "we are finding work for him, don't ever hesitate to use your stop work because we will protect you."

I like my company, im a terrible leftist

much like monarchy, capitalism works when you have compassionate people in charge. unfortunately the system does not reward this behavior

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

If you don't sit on the toilet for at least 15 minutes a shift then you're scabbing on yourself

Truth.

I try and make two ten minute trips minimum.

It was great yesterday I was pooping and there were clients visiting the office and one went into the bathroom right after I finished my business. It was a good moment

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bushiz posted:

watching the yahoo dude get whiny about being asked to pay his loving taxes set me off on this thing I've been thinking about recently, about how stupid and feckless the wealthy are today. Like Andrew Carnegie was a monster, but he knew what he was. He had to do a balancing act between philanthropic largesse and just straight up murdering strikers, and had this whole carrot/stick thing going on, because they knew if they hosed up the peasants would come to the castle gate. They don't have that anymore. Wealth has so ossified these people that they no longer even regard the poor as animals, and they're just mad about being asked to make the tiniest concession to keep their head out from under the blade.

There's a reason the rich want only the police/government/their security to have all the guns.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

much like monarchy, capitalism works when you have compassionate people in charge. unfortunately the system does not reward actively punishes this behavior

Serf
May 5, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

much like monarchy, capitalism works when you have compassionate people in charge. unfortunately the system does not reward this behavior

this is one of the planet tags from an rpg that i love that cracks me up now:

i want to write an alternative for cybercapitalists where for some reason the rich are actually philanthropic and people can somehow actually achieve economic mobility against all logic

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Len posted:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I poop on company time

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Employee grifting is just an inefficient but more direct version of redistribution of wealth.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Serf posted:

i want to write an alternative for cybercapitalists where for some reason the rich are actually philanthropic and people can somehow actually achieve economic mobility against all logic

So every single science fiction novel that isn't anti-capitalist cyberpunk?

Len posted:

More places are punishing you for using the bathroom one work time. At my call center you are docked attendance points if you use the bathroom and when I complained I was told that's what breaks were for.

So now if I have to drop a deuce I just gently caress with the wires to my phone to make it look like there was a tech issue and I slip out to drop a deuce while everything "resets."

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Jan 31, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Just poo poo in the trashcan, if anyone asks tell them you care more about productivity than the comfort of your coworkers. Fast track to management.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The stupid school rules thread had teens figure this out already.

If the rulemakers won't let you go to the bathroom, just start leaving poo poo around the office (literally), until they allow people to use the bathroom.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I modified the door access code on an old network closet so that I am the only one with access. I have a pillow and a blanket in there, and I try to sneak off for a 15-20 minute nap around 10 and again at 2.

It makes my whole day immediately and immeasurably better.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Try power napping from 8 to 12, and from 12:30 to 5.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Antioch posted:

I modified the door access code on an old network closet so that I am the only one with access. I have a pillow and a blanket in there, and I try to sneak off for a 15-20 minute nap around 10 and again at 2.

It makes my whole day immediately and immeasurably better.

But where do you poo poo

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome
I have lived and worked in The Netherlands for the past 3 years.

No one here would ever suggest that you couldn't take a poo poo at work. You are fully expected to take all your vacation days off and you can even take 2 weeks (or even 3) off in a row without anyone so much as batting an eye. Under normal circumstances you are not expected to look at your email after hours or on the weekend. I've even gotten flack from my Dutch colleagues for scheduling meetings with our counterparts in the US that fall outside of our working hours here.

Americans used to have all this I'm sure and we let it all go in times of economic duress and corporate never gives anything back. I'm not sure how I am going to adjust when I have to come back to the States and work.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

pounding off at work is self care

Blasting rope at work is correct praxis.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Local Weather posted:

I have lived and worked in The Netherlands for the past 3 years.

No one here would ever suggest that you couldn't take a poo poo at work. You are fully expected to take all your vacation days off and you can even take 2 weeks (or even 3) off in a row without anyone so much as batting an eye. Under normal circumstances you are not expected to look at your email after hours or on the weekend. I've even gotten flack from my Dutch colleagues for scheduling meetings with our counterparts in the US that fall outside of our working hours here.

Americans used to have all this I'm sure and we let it all go in times of economic duress and corporate never gives anything back. I'm not sure how I am going to adjust when I have to come back to the States and work.

I live in the UK, and all the above applies as well. Though it's not every company, it's certainly most of the ones I've been with.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not being allowed to poo poo at work encourages people to work harder so they can either retire earlier and poo poo well for the rest of their lives, or move up the corporate ladder and be free of the shackles of restricted making GBS threads. Under Communism everyone will be able to poo poo when they want, which would make them lazy since there would be no incentive to work harder.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

spacetoaster posted:

There's a reason the rich want only the police/government/their security to have all the guns.

You are truly one of the stupidest loving people on these forums.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, because everyone being armed to the teeth has worked out so well for the US. No wealth inequality and police violence at all! A true government for the people.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
In between slapfighting and literal shitposts can y'all try to at least get us past 2 pictures per page in the picture thread?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the rich want everyone to have guns because a school shooting every week isn't a problem for the rich, but if all that anger was channelled into a real cause the people would have revolted a decade ago.

Coolness Averted posted:

In between slapfighting and literal shitposts can y'all try to at least get us past 2 pictures per page in the picture thread?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Truga posted:

the rich want everyone to have guns because a school shooting every week isn't a problem for the rich, but if all that anger was channelled into a real cause the people would have revolted a decade ago.

this picture is wrong because the capitalist is performing productive physical labor and not tricking a third guy into doing it for nothing

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
God drat, the more things change...

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Outrail posted:

Just poo poo in the trashcan, if anyone asks tell them you care more about productivity than the comfort of your coworkers. Fast track to management.

You don't get to management by making GBS threads in your own trash can. poo poo in your neighbor's trash can; it demonstrates your ability to delegate.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Len posted:

if you want to see more people like that in the wild, just browse https://workplace.stackexchange.com/

half the questions are like "is it unethical to use my health insurance for something that doesn't affect my job performance?"

(the other half are dealing with workplace harassment)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You are truly one of the stupidest loving people on these forums.

I demand a medal for this achievement, person I've never seen before.

anonumos posted:

You don't get to management by making GBS threads in your own trash can. poo poo in your neighbor's trash can; it demonstrates your ability to delegate.

Now you're thinking.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Frog Act posted:

this picture is wrong because the capitalist is performing productive physical labor and not tricking a third guy into doing it for nothing

That skull is loving awesome. He's saving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm Berek Smart