Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A chicken maniac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ill have an eggs brexit, and what will u have luv

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we all know disaster is gonna be adverted at the last second leaving my balls turquoise

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I'd say 'call me Ishmael' but at this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to be Queequeg

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
If the UK just doesn't leave but they just don't tell all the little Englanders, how long before they realise they should have starved to death?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Regarde Aduck posted:

If you don't know why people voted leave then you might just be the worst kind of fair weather leftist.

That's not to say it was a good idea. Just that you understand the causes beyond "lmao the english are mean! Perfidious albion!!!!!!!!!!"

They're people who've been eating far right wedge issue propaganda from the papers then social media for decades until that's all that's left of them. Maybe if a government or two had tried economic regeneration anywhere outside London it would have helped but the Daily Mail was never going away. Too late now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Captain Splendid posted:

If the UK just doesn't leave but they just don't tell all the little Englanders, how long before they realise they should have starved to death?

Little Eichlands

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want to read an interview or something with someone who called the police. What kind of person are they?

If I were to hazard a guess:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

twoday posted:

Look, you have to understand that Britain is an island, cut off from the rest of the world; they are a distinct and unique people and this kind of influx of foreigners and foreign customs which has come about as a result of wicked policies foisted upon the UK by the EU has no historical precede-

I don't think this is making the point you are trying to make.

Brexiteer: "we need autonomy to protect ourselves from foreign influence"
You:"but look at all these cases of past British interactions with its neighbours" *posts a bunch of references to foreign invasions of Britain and a picture of a culture that predates modern statehood by thousands of years*

Like, you wouldn't use Cromwell as an argument to convince a monarchie about the advantages of republicanism, would you.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I don't understand any of this and the explanations just more and more complicated and insanely bureaucratic oh god why

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Are you allowed to raise chickens in your yard in Britain?

Yes we even have an instructional documentary to help us become self-sufficient, it's called The Good Life.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yes we even have an instructional documentary to help us become self-sufficient, it's called The Punisher.

Fixed!

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Quicksilver6 posted:

I don't understand any of this and the explanations just more and more complicated and insanely bureaucratic oh god why

hello mrs may

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All you need to know is that the UK government is trying to convince the EU to allow the English to isolate and gently caress over Ireland, but they themselves have no argument why the EU should entertain their plan. Meanwhile the default plan that will come into effect in absence of any negotiated solution will make Northern Ireland economically integrated with the Republic of Ireland, and separated by a trade barrier from Great Britain, but this is solely the government 's fault for being incompetent.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Quicksilver6 posted:

A lot of stuff happens when you attempt to deglobalise your economy overnight.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

but in that process the angry yokel will... turn into a farm animal or something i dunno where i'm going with this animal farm analogy exactly

but the goose is getting strangled dead

raising a goose for foie gras but you're the goose and you're dining on your own fattened liver

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

steinrokkan posted:

All you need to know is that the UK government is trying to convince the EU to allow the English to isolate and gently caress over Ireland, but they themselves have no argument why the EU should entertain their plan. Meanwhile the default plan that will come into effect in absence of any negotiated solution will make Northern Ireland economically integrated with the Republic of Ireland, and separated by a trade barrier from Great Britain, but this is solely the government 's fault for being incompetent.

No the default is a hard border in Ireland that happens because the UK couldn't agree to anything else. There's literally no understanding on how that will work in practice except that the UK will almost certainly be breaking some sort of international trade law because of it.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regarde Aduck posted:

If you don't know why people voted leave then you might just be the worst kind of fair weather leftist.

Oh we know op, it was "economic anxiety"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/PaulCarmichaelV/status/1089984175963361282?s=19

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/697784223688757248?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Brexit prepping getting darker each day

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s quite funny how everyone knows May is a complete moron and she’s completely messed up brexit, and she keeps travelling back and forth from Europe to bash her head against a wall labelled “deal”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Over 100 Tories voted that they dont think she should lead the party but they voted to make sure she still leads the country

coke
Jul 12, 2009

where's this from?

and to save everyone else some trouble it's actually hentai

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1090924286263676928

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

BREXIT MEANS ... OH GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS! <----May right now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at this point the only way I can explain it is that Theresa May thinks herself the CM Punk of the European Union when the fact is that she is the Internet Champion Zac Ryder of the British (long dead) Empire

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Yeah no poo poo recess is off. May needs all that time to waste on more deal theater.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

May: I got a new deal through parliament and I think you will be very interested in hearing it.

European diplomats: Does it have the backstop or an alternative for it?

May: Oh no we're past that we've already decided that's not necessary. No now we've added a clause where all EU citizens need to wear a pin that says UK is Best. In return we promise not to look too smug.

European diplomats: ...

May: I'll see myself out, see you next week!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/patrick_kidd/status/1090929696206929921?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Behold! A man climbing inside his own navel

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
now ernie definitely dies in that song

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/UKIP/status/109...ingawful.com%2F

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prorogue is the most british word that's not a geographic location

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's not treasonous if the queen is not the queen of the EU, come on son use your head

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's not treasonous if the queen is not the queen of the EU, come on son use your head

the idea of the queen of the EU brings to mind the most inbred person alive

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so can yall implode so these shits cant afford to fly here anymore?

https://twitter.com/melissagira/status/1090966380525035520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

steinrokkan posted:

I don't think this is making the point you are trying to make.

Brexiteer: "we need autonomy to protect ourselves from foreign influence"
You:"but look at all these cases of past British interactions with its neighbours" *posts a bunch of references to foreign invasions of Britain and a picture of a culture that predates modern statehood by thousands of years*

Like, you wouldn't use Cromwell as an argument to convince a monarchie about the advantages of republicanism, would you.

Yeah, the point I was trying to make was to say it's ironic that the British can ve xenophobic and against migration while the British population is entirely descended from people who came there from elsewhere. It's not a very good point either, I mostly just wanted to create a context to post the bumboat map