Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The reason ADC mains are crying about balance is they were the only guaranteed role for literal years, yes people could play off-meta botlanes but the standard setup was marksman ADC and a Support. Now the role has changed and they can’t play their favourite champions/playstyles as easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Arurf is absurd bullshit in a good way. I got Xerath and took Fizz to beam hell. He ended with 0 kills and their nexus blowing up twice, which I now know is a thing if a team surrenders right as it gets smashed. It sucks being on the other end of this tho.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lord_Magmar posted:

The reason ADC mains are crying about balance is they were the only guaranteed role for literal years, yes people could play off-meta botlanes but the standard setup was marksman ADC and a Support. Now the role has changed and they can’t play their favourite champions/playstyles as easily

It also makes it harder to play since you have opponents that actually play noticeably different. Yeah Varus or Vayne or Sivir might be the fotm, but they play pretty much the same. But if you’re not experienced in the matchup against eg Swain you might just get owned because what the gently caress he has a blitz pull I was behind loving minions this is BULLSHIT

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you want to scream at adcs all they time they get to complain. but nobody will ever stop screaming about adcs so who cares.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
If you main the ADC role then you probably get more skins more often then any other position so gently caress you pal

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Triple-Kan posted:

If you main the ADC role then you probably get more skins more often then any other position so gently caress you pal

I have exactly one skin and it's star guardian Janna and I love it. But when I play Janna with randoms the ADC always feeds / leaves, so I don't really get to show her off.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bot lane is fun with attack speed ADC Lulu. You can just turn the enemy ADC into a animal and murder them.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Give me your best ARURF picks, because everything I've tried has been actively miserable.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 1, 2019

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

wodin posted:

Give me your best ARURF picks, because everything I've tried has been actively miserable.

Garen. Canceling and restarting his E does a billion damage for some reason.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Triple-Kan posted:

But we also have Pizza Sivir so we never need another skin again.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

pidan posted:

I have exactly one skin and it's star guardian Janna and I love it. But when I play Janna with randoms the ADC always feeds / leaves, so I don't really get to show her off.

Just because you're Janna doesn't mean you can't be the adc.

(yes it's bad but it's rly fun)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dancer posted:

It was so bad it benched rekkles for a split

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dancer posted:

Okay is NA somehow more chill or something cuz I still get flamed basically every game for going vayne/trist/ez/adtf/adkennen top. Like I know it's suboptimal, but this is how I landed at this MMR so obviously it works "well enough" at this MMR so just leave me alone.

"Unconventional picks are explicitly not a violation of the summoner's code." has basically become a brain macro at this point for whenever I get my first death and people start flaming again.

I mean if you are losing you are the gonna be the obvious person to blame even if you played well. That's just how it is. If people are flaming you in champ select just tell them these are your best pick and you can't play anything else. I rather have someone play picks they have experience in rather than meta picks they can't play. It's weird some people pick off meta poo poo like wukong then flame others for playing something more off meta.

I use to actually be a flamer whenever I saw random poo poo like that especially when I was low elo but after climbing a bit higher I actually realized picks don't matter that much in soloq and you can win with anything. If you played enough ranked you will eventually see all kinds of weird poo poo you would have only thought to be possible in norms or aram. Also if you yourself play off meta picks you realize they work just fine even though they might not be the most broken picks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

One of the hardest games I ever played was against a Nami/Blitzcrank duo back in S7 when I was climbing on support Lux. They absolutely shitstomped us and we only won by virtue of our Tryndamere getting the magical solo queue moment of a 4v5 breaking out in midlane while he was pushed up to inhib turret. Similarly, one of the easiest games I ever played was in S8 when we had a mid Wukong before it became popular who was something ridiculous like 7/0/0 at 15 minutes. If you have confidence and creativity, you can make nearly anything work.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Dancer posted:

I once got an S on Janna after I abandoned my loser ADC and roamed around putting up wards and murdering people.
Afterwards I was informed that's not how support is meant to work. Oh well.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

One of the hardest games I ever played was against a Nami/Blitzcrank duo back in S7 when I was climbing on support Lux. They absolutely shitstomped us and we only won by virtue of our Tryndamere getting the magical solo queue moment of a 4v5 breaking out in midlane while he was pushed up to inhib turret. Similarly, one of the easiest games I ever played was in S8 when we had a mid Wukong before it became popular who was something ridiculous like 7/0/0 at 15 minutes. If you have confidence and creativity, you can make nearly anything work.

I one time lost to ADC Leblanc..When the ad mejai item was still there. Forgot the name.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

wodin posted:

Well it's random so you can't pick, but if you manage to get Riven or Vi you will most likely wreck the poo poo out of the enemy team. Also Kayn is fuckin ridiculous in that mode

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Can't we still go panth bot because I swear some bow and arrow idiots cannot deal with his passive.

panth support kicks rear end and is highly recommended to all goons looking to take jabronis to the hoops

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

pog boyfriend posted:

panth support kicks rear end and is highly recommended to all goons looking to take jabronis to the hoops

:emptyquote:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pidan posted:

I once got an S on Janna after I abandoned my loser ADC and roamed around putting up wards and murdering people.

Nah that’s exactly how Janna works

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

wodin posted:

fiddlesticks
ap tryndamere
swain
veigar
yi
fiora
maokai
morgana
garen
hecarim
sivir
azir
lucian
malphite
poppy
pyke
twitch
ap shaco
zed
talon
neeko
ahri
jayce
amumu
nasus

These champs all tend to do very well in urf when there isn't something that heavily counters them. For example, anyone here with a dash gets shut down by poppy always having W up.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Nah that’s exactly how Janna works

Except when Dark Harvest was good :sigh:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

pidan posted:

For me there's no better feeling in League than ditching garbage prima donna ADCs and roaming to help the better members on the team win. "Report Thresh for not being my faithful sidekick and instead getting ganks and towers and dragons with the rest of the team"

And gently caress you Varus I'm not walking halfway back to the fountain to lantern you back.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm having a lot of fun with Sylas but drat it's confusing to keep in mind what the limitations of some stolen ults are. Like if he steals Teemo's, he gets 3 shrooms but stealing Kassadin's ult only gives him one use. It's a bit buggy too.... sometimes the reactivation to actually cast the stolen ult works immediately, other times it doesn't fire at all and goes on CD. Also stealing something with stacks like Zed's ult keeps the stacks (I think, unless the stack buff indicator is just bugged).

I could see his ult cooldown getting a nerf; I had it down to 12.5 seconds with only 30% CDR iirc but I guess the CD per enemy champion makes up for that most of the time.

One of the best things about him in Wood Tier is that no one ever reads chat at all unless it's to flame each other so no one ever sees the "Sylas has stolen _________'s Ultimate" message and all of a sudden a stolen Shaco ult turns into another Sylas and everyone freaks out. Anyway the tilting potential and mind games available with this dude are just so fun he's my favorite new champ in a very long time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

After being really underwhelmed with the Shen rework and displeased with Graves's changes (apparently he's not even a laner anymore? I miss ADC Graves), I'm blown away by how amazing the Taric rework is. It's just sheer perfection. Wade into the middle of the enemy team smacking fools left and right and constantly output pulses of healing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

After being really underwhelmed with the Shen rework and displeased with Graves's changes (apparently he's not even a laner anymore? I miss ADC Graves), I'm blown away by how amazing the Taric rework is. It's just sheer perfection. Wade into the middle of the enemy team smacking fools left and right and constantly output pulses of healing.

Try Graves in the jungle, it’s incredibly fun.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

some reworks are better than others, for my money swain is the best rework they ever made but check out new urgot and warwick to

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

some reworks are better than others, for my money swain is the best rework they ever made but check out new urgot and warwick to

Warwick rework is incredible imo

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Worst reworks: Poppy, Sion. The new characters are cool and unique but the old ones could oneshot people with no skillshots, which was fun

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I miss AP sion where your shield would go kaboom and one shot plebs.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sexpansion posted:

Warwick rework is incredible imo

Warwick is probably their single best rework. They kept everything good about Warwick, gave him a great new model and animations, and gave his skills a modernization pass without just replacing everything that made him who he was. He's just a really solid champion now.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

Warwick is probably their single best rework. They kept everything good about Warwick, gave him a great new model and animations, and gave his skills a modernization pass without just replacing everything that made him who he was. He's just a really solid champion now.

my favourite is swain, but the 3 i listed are all phenomenal. the best rework was master yi rework, but this should not come as a surprise to anyone as shurelia made it.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

eve is really good too imo, especially considering what a dogshit champ she was before.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

sion rework owns i will brook no arguments

Anidav posted:

I miss AP sion where your shield would go kaboom and one shot plebs.

You can still do this. Its not quite as stupid but using your shield to trade is still some good sion fun

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

obviously my absolute favorite rework is yorick but theres a lot of good toplane reworks

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

So I’ve been playing for a few weeks after quitting five years ago. Now that I’ve been playing in ranked, i am remembering why I quit in the first place.

I’ve been playing exclusively support, and most of the time I have done fairly well. Winrate isn’t great because of either top or mid feeding, but the last game I was in was the first time in a long time I got the ol’ “uninstall, ban x.” My carry and I had a horrible matchup— Brand and MF, and my carry got himself into trouble chasing Brand a little too often.

Long story short: my carry started blaming me after repeatedly giving me contradictory directions (when he wanted me to ult), and I made the mistake of trying to defend myself (bad decision, but better than ignoring him?). Then it just spiraled from there.

After only 7 games in ranked, how often do y’all encounter this kind of player/experience? Is that considered to be “toxic,” and how should I respond to that kind of thing? I mean, I’m not great, but I enjoy the game, and especially the quality of competition in ranked.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I strongly suggest the mute button at the first unreasonable comment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Cnidario posted:

I made the mistake of trying to defend myself (bad decision, but better than ignoring him?).

See this is where it went wrong. Like, you can defend yourself if you'd like, you do whatever you want, but if your intent is to pacify him, then the best approach is to just be quiet (and if you are even in the slightest bit bothered be getting screamed at, you should also mute him without hesitation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i feel better telling people like that to eat poo poo so i do it but the best thing to do is just mute 'em