Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

Man, 'some muthafuckas are always trynna ice skate uphill' just doesn't sound the same with a British accent, of any kind.

''ere, lookit this oval office, 'es tryina ice skate up hill, wot? Lets giv'em a right kicking, lads."

Didn't Marvel also introduced another black vampire hunter who was clearly british in the early 2010's? He wore a hat and a black wife-beater with a golden logo and a trenchcoat. Am I right or am I thinking about an alternate earth Blade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

Didn't Marvel also introduced another black vampire hunter who was clearly british in the early 2010's? He wore a hat and a black wife-beater with a golden logo and a trenchcoat. Am I right or am I thinking about an alternate earth Blade?

Are you thinking of Nigel Higgins, the British Punisher?

Closest I could think of to matching your description with the gold logo. Al Ewing really likes the guy as he used him in his Contest of Champions mini post-SW and later for like one issue of U.S.Avengers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What's up with that lady's left boob?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Nextwave is a very well drawn comic book and I'll brook no 💀💀💀💀 argument about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bony tony posted:

Nextwave is a very well drawn comic book and I'll brook no 💀💀💀💀 argument about it.

Yeah, one of the reasons it was cancelled was because the sales didn't justify the artists page rate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stuart Immonen's experimental style is so good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, one of the reasons it was cancelled was because the sales didn't justify the artists page rate.
The other reason was that it dared reveal the uncomfortable truth about Mark Millar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who What Now posted:

What's up with that lady's left boob?

that's her party tit.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I mean I'm no healthcare professional but maybe get him some emergency psychological counselling..?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Super Ventriloquism, for when regular ventriloquism isn't real enough.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

There were some really great covers to the pre 70s DC comics.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

bony tony posted:

Hasn't there been some weird revelation about it lately in the mainstream books?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kwyndig posted:

Super Ventriloquism, for when regular ventriloquism isn't real enough.

That's not the only time it's come up in the comics.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FMguru posted:

The other reason was that it dared reveal the uncomfortable truth about Mark Millar.

The other other reason was the royalties on the theme song was too high.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Super ventriloquism was one of the most commonly used powers in the Silver Age and among certain Bronze Age writers. He would use it in a lot of different ways to help preserve his identity, but also to speak across the vacuum of space (don’t think too much about it). It’s funny to think about now, but in the 60s he probably used it more often than heat vision (notably, through the 50s and iirc most of the 60s, heat vision was not one of Superman’s separate named powers, it was just a side effect of his x-ray vision).

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

MikeJF posted:

Hasn't there been some weird revelation about it lately in the mainstream books?

Beyond Corporation shows up in one of the Sixis-era Luke Cage and the Knockoff Avengers story arcs.

Monica gets really pissed about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brave and the Bold is kind of weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That scene from Batman Beyond where he goes "That's not what I call myself in my head"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

That scene from Batman Beyond where he goes "That's not what I call myself in my head"

Everybody assumes he calls himself Batman, but actually, he calls himself Night Stallion.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Browsing Imgur on my break and this popped up

Don't know what's better, the rug seemingly under the toilet+bath, or the door at the end of the bath :allears:

Edit: or the plunger literally in someone's way as soon as they open the door

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TheCenturion posted:

Everybody assumes he calls himself Batman, but actually, he calls himself Night Stallion.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cool that they saw those Seth Rollins nude pics too.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Infinitum posted:

Don't know what's better, the rug seemingly under the toilet+bath, or the door at the end of the bath :allears:

I love rooms designed by people who've clearly never been in a room.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Really cool of Barbara to live in Groverhouse.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
My favorite part is that floating shower rod

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm the empty soap tray

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

plainswalker75 posted:

My favorite part is that floating shower rod

To be fair, that could be one of those weird ceiling-mounted ones.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Infinitum posted:

You can't even open the door. Unless... Is that a Murphy Tub?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

Beyond Corporation shows up in one of the Sixis-era Luke Cage and the Knockoff Avengers story arcs.

Monica gets really pissed about it.

Yeah it pretty much ruled. (From Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #6, btw)

The title of the story is "Not In Continuity". gently caress I love Al Ewing.

edit: here let's lighten the mood with another "Nextwave is canon" moment from Nova #9

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 31, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Captain **** knows what's up

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TwoPair posted:

edit: here let's lighten the mood with another "Nextwave is canon" moment from Nova #9

That was the only good thing to ever come out of Civil War 2. God I miss Nova.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TwoPair posted:

Yeah it pretty much ruled. (From Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #6, btw)

"I should have never taught that guy to poop"

Why don't we ever get that Spider-Man in movies?

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Really cool of Barbara to live in Groverhouse.

Not her apartment! It's canon that Barbara breaks into random strangers homes to use their toothbrushes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Odonata posted:

Not her apartment! It's canon that Barbara breaks into random strangers homes to use their toothbrushes.

gently caress! That was her?!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Are you thinking of Nigel Higgins, the British Punisher?

Closest I could think of to matching your description with the gold logo. Al Ewing really likes the guy as he used him in his Contest of Champions mini post-SW and later for like one issue of U.S.Avengers.

That's the one! I was way off with the whole "vampire killer" thing.
Now: british punisher?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Infinitum posted:

It's like they had Tommy Wiseau create The Literal Room.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vincent posted:

That's the one! I was way off with the whole "vampire killer" thing.
Now: british punisher?
I think he was originally a Marvel UK character. He got Frank's approval to wear the skull and everything!

Go read Contest of Champions, it's got him at his best.

Infinitum posted:

Are we sure this isn't the bathroom that goon remodelled to try and make it more attractive to women? In the 'I want to buy this house' sense?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The tub's not surrounded by mouldy rocks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That looks like someone cut a house into bits and plumbed things wherever the pipes were closest. I think you could probably find that place for rent in London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I want to believe it is a nightmare or trippy sequence